Quinn
Evenstar
Evenstar

Aug 9th, '18, 04:16 #26

Couple of things...

It's not the ravens, but on the "discussions" page, there will be a thin vertical blue/grey bar next to topics with unread posts. 

For your profile avatars, it appears that everyone who had uploaded their profile pic had it migrated with the conversion, but anyone who linked their pic from outside did not. You will have to upload your profile pic again if it's now blank. 
I write J/B fic: Ao3 / I re-blog other people's fandom pics: Tumblr

LadyCarmenSandiego
Goldenhand
Goldenhand

Aug 9th, '18, 10:35 #27

I can't post in the chatroom. :( It keeps urging me to conect with Tapatalk ID. Do I need to register there or something?
"Love is the bane of honor, the death of duty", Maester Aemon.

Aerest
Arms of the Woman He Loves
Aerest

Aug 9th, '18, 11:39 #28

Yes, to post on the shoutbox chatroom you need to be "connected" to that TT ID - but that's (as far as I know) the only place on here for which a TT ID is necessary. (And "proper" chat will still be held in the proper chatroom!)
If you click on that link it'll lead you through all the necessary steps.

jennyv
Ser Cleos
Ser Cleos

Aug 9th, '18, 13:12 #29

I haven't had time to explore much on the site yet but wanted to say you've done a great job! The new chat feature is nice. I love the banner. The Discussions thread where you have the option of viewing unread posts is cool. Thanks!

ChocoNut
Mutton Cutter
Mutton Cutter
ChocoNut
Mutton Cutter
Mutton Cutter

Aug 9th, '18, 18:00 #30

Desperately trying to create a TT id.Did a sign up with google account which went through successfully. But it didn’t allow me to login sayin account already exists, and when I did a password reset, didn’t get a link on my email :(

Aerest
Aerest

Aug 9th, '18, 18:16 #31

ChocoNut wrote: Desperately trying to create a TT id.Did a sign up with google account which went through successfully. But it didn’t allow me to login sayin account already exists, and when I did a password reset, didn’t get a link on my email :(
Sorry, I unfortunately can't do more than ask questions.
Are you sure the registration went through successfully?
Did you have a look into your mail address' spam folder? 
Did you try logging in from the tapatalk.com page directly?
Maybe another PW reset could help. Or either register anew, or contact someone from the TT support?
We can help with account issues on this board, but TT in general (or the TT ID specifically) is a complete different story :(

Erin
Evenstar
Evenstar

Aug 9th, '18, 18:45 #32

ChocoNut wrote: Desperately trying to create a TT id.Did a sign up with google account which went through successfully. But it didn’t allow me to login sayin account already exists, and when I did a password reset, didn’t get a link on my email :(
Choco, you said you signed up with the Google account. So when you sign in, make sure you click the button that says, "Continue with Google," like you can see here in the photo. That's how you will sign in.

Don't fill in the "Log In with Email" boxes. Even if you put in your correct Google username and password, it will tell you that the account already exists, because that's not how you logged in. Just hit the "Continue with Google" button and select the Google account you used to sign up.

Tumblr: bearsofair // Twitter: CurseMeOrKissMe

ChocoNut
Mutton Cutter
Mutton Cutter
ChocoNut
Mutton Cutter
Mutton Cutter

Aug 10th, '18, 01:51 #33

Thanks Erin, Aerest, I could get in now. Will try to do a password reset and figure out the rest.

Quinn
Evenstar
Evenstar

Aug 10th, '18, 04:32 #34

Quick update to tell you that you might see very weird, quick changes in the next week or so as we're figuring out the new board design. I'm trying to get the "look" as close to the classic board as possible, and THEN we can figure out which new directions to take!
I write J/B fic: Ao3 / I re-blog other people's fandom pics: Tumblr

Allison
Almost a Knight
Almost a Knight
Allison
Almost a Knight
Almost a Knight

Aug 10th, '18, 05:49 #35

Why am I still getting emails when people like my posts? I toggled the email notifications off... it doesn't say "Jaime and Brienne online" or whatever it did anymore though. When I get emails, it has the username - it's like "User (via tapatalk)." Anyone know how to switch this off?

Aerest
Aerest

Aug 10th, '18, 06:11 #36

You have to turn off notifications in the app, too, if you use it. They try to spam us twice. For that, go to your personal settings and disable the feed as well as uncheck the boxes in the "mail and notifications" part.

ETA: In the app, go left until you're in some kind of overview mode of the app rather than this group. 
From the upper menu, choose the person icon.
Choose "settings".
Go to feed options and disable it for the group.
Return to the previous page.
Go to "mail notifications" - it will lead you to an internet page. Uncheck all the necessary boxes there.
That should be it - hopefully...

Allison
Almost a Knight
Almost a Knight
Allison
Almost a Knight
Almost a Knight

Aug 10th, '18, 06:35 #37

Thanks, Aerest. I already had the notifications for likes unchecked, but I unchecked everything completely to see if it helps. Someone like this message as a test, please! :)

Aerest
Aerest

Aug 10th, '18, 06:49 #38

Oh, if you only checked the settings on the app, make sure you do so here on the board, too. Whenever you've got a computer near you, go to your board settings, "User Control Panel", upper menu "Board preferences", side menu "Edit notification options". There is yet another batch of boxes to uncross.

Aerest
Aerest

Aug 10th, '18, 09:02 #39

Glad all worked out well!
Just a quick PS to this situation: Tapatalk support admits that they had a huge server problem yesterday, due to which system messages couldn't be sent. You definitely weren't alone with your struggles. 

hardlyfatal
Ser Cleos
Ser Cleos

Aug 10th, '18, 14:13 #40

I'm unable to connect to stupid Tapa-fucking-talk because its "register by email" process is FUCKED, with endless reCaptcha bullshit demanding I identify street signs until the end of days. And when I request an audible one to hear instead, it tells me I'm not a real person and can't register at the moment and must try again later. 

I mean, I'm NOT a real person but it's just really insensitive of Tapatalk to say so. 

And Aerist, if you click that, nothing happens. Very anti-climactic.

Aerest
Aerest

Aug 10th, '18, 14:17 #41

If you click what?

For me, the whole reCaptcha business ofttimes is buggy depending on my active adblockers. If you got some, try pausing them for a moment.

Allison
Almost a Knight
Almost a Knight
Allison
Almost a Knight
Almost a Knight

Aug 10th, '18, 15:59 #42

Aerest wrote: Oh, if you only checked the settings on the app, make sure you do so here on the board, too. Whenever you've got a computer near you, go to your board settings, "User Control Panel", upper menu "Board preferences", side menu "Edit notification options". There is yet another batch of boxes to uncross.
I only did it on the board, I don't have the app yet. It's weird because I'm still getting emails when people like my "anti-JB arguments" post, but I didn't get the emails for the likes on my test post.

Is this anything to do with the "notify me when a reply is posted" option right above the submit button? Will I have to unclick that every time I want to post something...?

eta: do i need to download the app to completely stop getting emails? Or can I check the settings that I would normally check on the app using my laptop?

eta again: ffoaihglakhnaglkhalkgn I'm getting emails for this post. I'm gonna see if there's a way to get these in my spam.

eta for the last time: so it turns out my lovely email has been putting many of the emails in spam already. *hugs email* But that means i've been getting them for all of my posts still!

Mikki
Evenstar
Evenstar

Aug 10th, '18, 16:47 #43

Allison, I went in and changed everything to say that I don’t get an email for it...I don’t know why it’s not working. Can you screen shot it?
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating. - Ashleigh Brilliant

Erin
Evenstar
Evenstar

Aug 10th, '18, 16:53 #44

Allison wrote:
QUEEN AEREST OF CSS wrote: Oh, if you only checked the settings on the app, make sure you do so here on the board, too. Whenever you've got a computer near you, go to your board settings, "User Control Panel", upper menu "Board preferences", side menu "Edit notification options". There is yet another batch of boxes to uncross.
I only did it on the board, I don't have the app yet. It's weird because I'm still getting emails when people like my "anti-JB arguments" post, but I didn't get the emails for the likes on my test post.

Is this anything to do with the "notify me when a reply is posted" option right above the submit button? Will I have to unclick that every time I want to post something...?

eta: do i need to download the app to completely stop getting emails? Or can I check the settings that I would normally check on the app using my laptop?

eta again: ffoaihglakhnaglkhalkgn I'm getting emails for this post. I'm gonna see if there's a way to get these in my spam.

eta for the last time: so it turns out my lovely email has been putting many of the emails in spam already. *hugs email* But that means i've been getting them for all of my posts still!
Try this:

When you're on desktop, click on the bell notification icon in the blue bar above. In the box that opens, click on the gear settings icon in the corner. That will take you to where you can turn on and off the notifications and emails.

Under the email column, I have almost all the checkboxes turned off. Under the notifications column, I kept almost all of them turned on because I like the quick overview in the notification box. The only ones I turned off for notifications were "Someone replies to a topic to which you are subscribed" and "Someone creates a topic in a forum to which you are subscribed." Those subscription ones were what was causing me trouble, I think. Since it seems we're automatically subscribed to every thread we participate in, this is a workaround to avoid being spammed any time there's activity in that thread.

ETA: Oh, and when you've made your changes, remember to hit the submit button at the bottom to save the changes.

Erin
Evenstar
Evenstar

Aug 10th, '18, 17:17 #45

Just realized you can tag/mention people by typing the @ symbol and then starting to type their name. Testing: @Erin 

Allison
Almost a Knight
Almost a Knight
Allison
Almost a Knight
Almost a Knight

Aug 10th, '18, 17:48 #46

Erin, I had all the email boxes unchecked, and this morning I unchecked EVERYTHING (all notifications as well, although I'd like to get the notifications under the bell icon on the site...) I'm going to wait a little bit and see if I continue to get emails. Can someone like this as another test please? If I keep getting emails I'll screenshot what it looks like, Mikki! Or I'll try to contact support.

Allison
Almost a Knight
Almost a Knight
Allison
Almost a Knight
Almost a Knight

Aug 10th, '18, 17:54 #47

*sigh* It went to spam, which is good, but it still came through. This is what it says at the bottom.
This email is sent to (email redacted haha). You receive this email because you are a registered member of Tapatalk or used Tapatalk to log in to a forum.
Is this because I registered for tapatalk in order to use the chatroom?

eta: Then right after it says that, it says "manage your email settings" - it looks like a link but it won't let me click on it. Thanks tapatalk

Aerest
Aerest

Aug 11th, '18, 18:35 #48

If things are as planned, we want to make it available on this forum for you to test out tomorrow. A public release will follow in the next few days. 
- a statement about the feature of custom smileys, made by a support member on the TT Support Board on the 9th. There didn't any testing happen on the 10th, but even if there's a little delay - "next few days" sounds honestly brilliant!

jennyv
Ser Cleos
Ser Cleos

Aug 11th, '18, 23:39 #49

Has anyone asked about avatars? This is the first forum I've ever followed so I'm a complete amateur. I kept receiving a message about the pixel size, which I adjusted, but still to no avail.

Mikki
Evenstar
Evenstar

Aug 12th, '18, 00:05 #50

jennyv, pm me a link to your avatar and I'll see what I can do with it.

I have the power to edit users...Mwuahahahahah.
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating. - Ashleigh Brilliant