headedforshore
Almost a Beauty
Almost a Beauty

Aug 26th, '18, 12:55 #76

Has anyone else had problems with the shoutbox? I've made a Tapatalk account and tried to post twice, and I thought the first time my message wasn't showing up because I hadn't activated my TT account, but I tried again and my message showed up but disappeared again.

Aerest
Maiden Saver
Maiden Saver

Aug 26th, '18, 13:03 #77

The "disappearing" part is strange. The chatroom does have its hiccups, though. Try again?

WackyGoofball
Oathkeeper
Oathkeeper

Aug 26th, '18, 13:13 #78

I had that before, too. I thought it had to do with my internet connection, but I also had posts disappear even though they showed up as posted when they weren't when I refreshed the page.

But yeah, strange TT hiccups.
dundundundun-dundundundun-dundundundun-dundundundun-dedundundundun-dundundundun-DOOWEEOO-WEEOO-OO-DOO-DOO-DOO-DOO-DOO-DE-DOO
Tumblr Twitter AO3 FF.net

Aerest
Maiden Saver
Maiden Saver

Aug 26th, '18, 13:16 #79

I got the same problem.
I'm afraid the most current comment is at fault. There's lots of code in it, and it seems to have messed up the chatroom.
I can delete any comment - but that one.
I'll see whether there's a possibility to get rid of it, somehow.

ETA: I didn't find any possibility with the options we got here. Disabling and enabling chatroom unfortunately doesn't help, either. Contacted support, whether there are ways to clear the chatroom. I'm sorry, but this could take a moment :-/ 

Only good news: The problem really doesn't have anything to do with your account, headedforshore ;)

Aerest
Maiden Saver
Maiden Saver

Aug 26th, '18, 13:51 #80

Ok, chatroom's free again, and the non-shown messages showed up. 
Turns out even if the desk version of the chatroom is acting up, I can still delete stuff via the app... 
(So that app finally is good for something...)

headedforshore
Almost a Beauty
Almost a Beauty

Aug 26th, '18, 13:53 #81

Thanks heaps! :)

WackyGoofball
Oathkeeper
Oathkeeper

Aug 31st, '18, 19:42 #82

I don't know whether it is just for me, but the chat still keeps deleting my posts (I think now on five separate occasions, I was in different wifis on at least two occasions and have encountered the problem on desktop as well as mobile). As was discussed, the titteh chatroom has its hiccups, but it just keeps happening that they *appear* to be sent, only that when I refresh the page, they are gone again.

Does anyone else have the same/similar problem? I just wanna do some troubleshooting whether that has to do with my browsers or is something the titteh chatroom is doing to pick on me, LOL.
dundundundun-dundundundun-dundundundun-dundundundun-dedundundundun-dundundundun-DOOWEEOO-WEEOO-OO-DOO-DOO-DOO-DOO-DOO-DE-DOO
Tumblr Twitter AO3 FF.net

Laura1013
Almost a Beauty
Almost a Beauty
Laura1013
Almost a Beauty
Almost a Beauty

Aug 31st, '18, 20:10 #83

WackyGoofball wrote:I don't know whether it is just for me, but the chat still keeps deleting my posts (I think now on five separate occasions, I was in different wifis on at least two occasions and have encountered the problem on desktop as well as mobile). As was discussed, the titteh chatroom has its hiccups, but it just keeps happening that they *appear* to be sent, only that when I refresh the page, they are gone again.

Does anyone else have the same/similar problem? I just wanna do some troubleshooting whether that has to do with my browsers or is something the titteh chatroom is doing to pick on me, LOL.

Happens to me a lot as well, so I don’t think it’s just you.

Aerest
Maiden Saver
Maiden Saver

Aug 31st, '18, 22:56 #84

If this happens to you again, can you pay attention to details that may help us determine a pattern? Like time, time since previous post, ... whatever may help? I can do some research whether other boards encounter the same problem after my return home, but more detail may make communication easier.

Mikki
Evenstar
Evenstar

Sep 1st, '18, 04:33 #85

Yes, details would be great. Does it post and then disappear?

Or never posts?
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating. - Ashleigh Brilliant

Mikki
Evenstar
Evenstar

Sep 1st, '18, 13:17 #86

Okay. I have made us Ad Free for Registered Users only. Guests will still see ads. I pay for this service and I don't mind doing it. However, I get charged per page view. So obsessive refreshing I believe counts as an individual page view. I know the email notifications SUCK, but if you are an obsessive refresher, please consider going to forum subscriptions and notifications.

And..I believe with the Analytics TT provides, I can see who is doing obsessive refreshing. So if trolls decide to come in cost me money, you'd better believe I'll create a separate user group that gives them ads while keeping it free for the genuine users.

This system may actually cost me less than ZB did, but at this point, I have no way of knowing.

If it all becomes way too expensive, and I hate to say this, I may open the option for donations. Not to ME, but I believe you can donate Gold Points, which are converted to Ad Free page views. I will do everything possible to avoid that. Fandom should be free and I don't mind making it free for all of you here...unless it gets super expensive. (1 gold point is 20 page views)

I will let you all know how it is going. 

Please let me know if anyone is still getting ads.
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating. - Ashleigh Brilliant

Renee561
Almost a Beauty
Almost a Beauty

Sep 1st, '18, 14:24 #87

It happened again. About 5 minutes after Mikki posted about SeaSpirt finding us (about 10:10 est). It looks as if it sent into the chatroom, but when I read something and went back to check chat it was like I never said anything. So I'm unaware if people get them or if I'm litterally talking to the void.

Also no ads.
Adding my two nuts in 🥜🥜

LadyAnnKathrin
Ser Cleos
Ser Cleos

Sep 1st, '18, 14:53 #88

Mikki wrote: Okay. I have made us Ad Free for Registered Users only. Guests will still see ads. I pay for this service and I don't mind doing it. However, I get charged per page view. So obsessive refreshing I believe counts as an individual page view. I know the email notifications SUCK, but if you are an obsessive refresher, please consider going to forum subscriptions and notifications.

And..I believe with the Analytics TT provides, I can see who is doing obsessive refreshing. So if trolls decide to come in cost me money, you'd better believe I'll create a separate user group that gives them ads while keeping it free for the genuine users.

This system may actually cost me less than ZB did, but at this point, I have no way of knowing.

If it all becomes way too expensive, and I hate to say this, I may open the option for donations. Not to ME, but I believe you can donate Gold Points, which are converted to Ad Free page views. I will do everything possible to avoid that. Fandom should be free and I don't mind making it free for all of you here...unless it gets super expensive. (1 gold point is 20 page views)

I will let you all know how it is going. 

Please let me know if anyone is still getting ads.
I never got any ads Mikki, I use the free Adblock Plus extension with Chrome. For example I still don't see any ads when I'm not logged in either, it doesn't make any difference.

But I will try not to refresh too much now, I sometimes do that when I expect responses.

Renee561
Almost a Beauty
Almost a Beauty

Sep 1st, '18, 14:55 #89

Same Lady A! *must resist temptation of refreshing extensively*
Adding my two nuts in 🥜🥜

justme
Mario Lopez
Mario Lopez

Sep 1st, '18, 16:05 #90

If you're an oftentimes refresher, you could also consider opening another browser or incognito tab in which you're not logged in to do your refreshing there?
MAESTER OF SCAVENGING
Winner of JB Week 2017 Scavenger Hunt
Favorite of the Glittery Unicorn

MamaBarely
Ser Cleos
Ser Cleos

Sep 1st, '18, 16:46 #91

Mikki wrote: If it all becomes way too expensive, and I hate to say this, I may open the option for donations. Not to ME, but I believe you can donate Gold Points, which are converted to Ad Free page views. I will do everything possible to avoid that. Fandom should be free and I don't mind making it free for all of you here...unless it gets super expensive. (1 gold point is 20 page views)
I may speak only for myself, but if you did open it up for donations, even if the cost was manageable for you, I'd be glad to contribute. Fandom should be free, but it would also be nice to contribute to all the hard work you & the other admins do to maintain this space for us.

LadyAnnKathrin
Ser Cleos
Ser Cleos

Sep 1st, '18, 17:11 #92

justme and Renee, I now read the new comments without logging in and if I want to write something, I plan ahead and then log in :) 

Mikki, I also thought that perhaps you could move people like me to a group that gets ads and doesn't cost you money like you said, not because we are trolls but because we already use adblocking programs and don't need the ad-free version. 

But also like MamaBarely said, I would like to contribute if you open it up for donations too. I know how difficult it can be to manage websites especially when you continually try to improve the quality of the site.

Mikki
Evenstar
Evenstar

Sep 1st, '18, 21:13 #93

Thanks all! Those are some great ideas.

Refreshing is fine, but some programs will refresh every ninety seconds. And erm...Mods don't get ads anyway, so I can refresh repeatedly. :) I know, selfish.

I have to buy so many ad credits each month just to have ad free as an option. That's pretty cheap. It's when we go over that... :)

I will check stats and report in at the end of the month.

jennyv
Almost a Beauty
Almost a Beauty

Sep 13th, '18, 02:10 #94

Is chat working? I keep receiving a network error. 

Wow, I cropped this before I saved it as a jpg, but apparently network error.jpg it didn't work.

Quinn
Evenstar
Evenstar

Sep 13th, '18, 02:19 #95

I get this message sometimes when my adblocker is on, my vpn is one, or my script blocker is on. Refreshing my browser and allowing scripts works for me, but I'm NOT great with this kind of thing. 
I write J/B fic: Ao3 / I re-blog other people's fandom pics: Tumblr

jennyv
Almost a Beauty
Almost a Beauty

Sep 13th, '18, 02:20 #96

Thank you, Quinn! I will try those things.

Aerest
Maiden Saver
Maiden Saver

Sep 13th, '18, 07:19 #97

Did it work?

jennyv
Almost a Beauty
Almost a Beauty

Sep 13th, '18, 12:30 #98

Yes, thank you!

Mikki
Evenstar
Evenstar

Sep 13th, '18, 13:27 #99

Still no answer on the disappearing chat messages...