State of the Board

Mikki
Evenstar
Evenstar

1:21 AM - Oct 08, 2018 #1

State of the Board

All right...JB Week is over, although please, keep posting things. It is always the right time to celebrate Jaime and Brienne. The collection will stay open for a while longer. And at some point I will be blogging all of the JB week fics.

So with the move to Tapatalk, where are we? TT gave us better tools to see our stats. In the month of September, a 'slow' month, we had over 130,000 page views. I'm not even kidding. The board traffic is massive! As to how to keep it Ad Free for our members, there are a few things we are working out. Back when it was 50,000 views per month, that was pretty cheap. The increased board traffic means it's getting more expensive. I would like to keep it Ad Free as much as I can, but you may be seeing ads from time to time. If they become too annoying or too distracting, there are some options, from becoming a Tapatalk Premium member to utilizing your own Ad Blocker. Feel free to PM me or Quinn and we can help. Just as a note, we got 11,000 page views on Emmy day alone. That's just...nuts. We are going to bust 500,000 views in one day when Jaime and Brienne finally get down in Season 8.

That aside, it's not just board traffic that has more than doubled. The JBO Tumblr has over 2300 followers. It gets about 200-300 likes/reblogs per day during the off-season. There are over 3300 JB fics on AO3. We have over 700 board members and over 110,000 board posts. This fandom isn't just thriving, it's growing and expanding. Even during this long and painful hiatus.

We are a small niche fandom of a much larger fandom. So for us to have that much activity is really NEARLY AS GOOD AS THAT S8 JB SEX SCENE. I can't even imagine what's going to happen when we are finally vindicated.

And...even though this hiatus has been long and painful, we've managed to keep the fun. There is much more to come.

Thanks to each and every one of you.
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating. - Ashleigh Brilliant

ChocoNut
Mutton Cutter
Mutton Cutter
ChocoNut
Mutton Cutter
Mutton Cutter

3:49 AM - Oct 08, 2018 #2

I've not been active on the board for a while, but I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Mikki and team for making this happen and providing a platform for such wonderfully talented writers and artists. Kudos to you guys, and thank you to all the talented people who have made my week!

Just one question regarding the AO3 collection : If you do plan to close it sometime in the future, will it still be possible for us to update the ongoing WIPs to it even after it's closed?

Mikki
Evenstar
Evenstar

4:03 AM - Oct 08, 2018 #3

Yep...I'll leave it open for probably six or so months...because I forget to close it.

Hahah :)
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating. - Ashleigh Brilliant

DanyelN
Mutton Cutter
Mutton Cutter

10:10 AM - Oct 08, 2018 #4

WOW those are shocking numbers for being over a year sine GoT was last on the air.  Just goes to show you what an FILLED WITH THE BANG POWER OF THE JB SEX SCENE board we have here, which is made possible by the FILLED WITH THE BANG POWER OF THE JB SEX SCENE folks running it!

koops
Evenstar
Evenstar

10:33 AM - Oct 08, 2018 #5

Just wanted to add to the huge thanks for keeping this place up and running, Mikki and crew!  I would not be engaging in the GoT fandom, if it weren't for this place, since I find Reddit et al. to be deeply unpleasant. Thank you for providing us with a nice, chilled space to enjoy what we love. Here's to welcoming a lot of new fans once S8 airs and they see the light :laugh: 

LadyCarmenSandiego
Goldenhand
Goldenhand

12:03 PM - Oct 08, 2018 #6

This board is great, Mikki. You and the rest of admins are doing a JOY NEAR JB SEX SCENE LEVELS job with it. Numbers don't lie!

GoT fandom is huge, indeed, and we belong to that small, brilliant part that ships JB. We are intelligent, whole and happy people (😊) that found this great place you girls created and we managed to bond over it. I'm grateful for this board beyond Jaime and Brienne. Keep up the good work!
"Love is the bane of honor, the death of duty", Maester Aemon.

Renee561
Almost a Beauty
Almost a Beauty

4:21 PM - Oct 08, 2018 #7

Honestly, those stats are staggering, imo. I'm impressed with the amount of not only posts of the board, but the number of views as well. For a 'niche' part of fandon, those are wild numbers.

ONLY OVERSHADOWED BY THE GLORY OF THE S8 JB SEX SCENE! Keep up the wonderful and hard work ladies, you are doing NEARLY AS GOOD AS THAT S8 JB SEX SCENE and I love yall so much for keeping the hiatus not as hellish as it could have been.
Adding my two nuts in 🥜🥜