Allison
Almost a Knight
Almost a Knight
Allison
Almost a Knight
Almost a Knight

Sep 14th, '18, 01:38 #2626

Okay, I watched it, and as I'm looking at the guy in the kilt, he actually looks a little surprised, then seems to play it off as a joke. I'm thinking it could be a double bluff and Tyrion could actually die. Which is good news for Jaime's survival chances if it's true. Maybe I'm just reading into it too much lol.

jennyv
Almost a Beauty
Almost a Beauty

Sep 14th, '18, 01:52 #2627

I'm sure it's a missed opportunity but I tried to post this earlier on my phone. This is where my mind went when I read double bluff...

Quinn
Evenstar
Evenstar

Sep 14th, '18, 03:29 #2628

Because I already think Tyrion is going to die, I'm jumping on the "accidental no-filter dudebro slipup ruh roh" scenario. 
I write J/B fic: Ao3 / I re-blog other people's fandom pics: Tumblr

koops
Evenstar
Evenstar

Sep 14th, '18, 07:32 #2629

That would be one F up if he did indeed spoil real information. Although I would expect this to happen more with a random member of crew than an actor or director/writer, so it could be.

Aerest
Maiden Saver
Maiden Saver

Sep 14th, '18, 07:51 #2630

I finally watched it, and seriously? This looks rehearsed - but the guy in the back messed up.
The order I guess was rehearsed: Left Guy talks, mentions Tyrion's death. Middle Guy is supposed to be shocked and say "sshhhhh", interrupting Left Guy. Everyone else is shocked and goes "ssshhhh", too.
What happened instead?
Left Guy talks on and on, has to interrupt himself and "sssshhhh"es at Middle Guy to remind him of the cue, everyone else "sssshhhh"es half-heartedly in their direction, Middle Guy wakes up and "ssshhhhh"es, too, finally - provoking Right Guy to a facepalm.

This could head any direction: Tyrion could die, or not. But everyone would have been more flustered if this had been a real slip-up. Like this, I get more of an "Aw, that was awkward..." vibe. 

timetravelingwritr
Half a God
Half a God

Sep 14th, '18, 13:13 #2631

It's like they saw somehow the latest spoilers and wanted to play/tease the fans with it...or something like this. 

koops
Evenstar
Evenstar

Sep 14th, '18, 13:22 #2632

Well, Friki has been on the HBO radar for years, so it wouldn't surprise me. 

Mikki
Evenstar
Evenstar

Sep 14th, '18, 17:26 #2633

I watched the reaction of the woman in the background. ...Nothing. I mean, no surprise, or shock or ...he might have been placing an order for a new copier for all her expression changed. So this is a great big nothing.
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating. - Ashleigh Brilliant

Erin
Evenstar
Evenstar

Sep 15th, '18, 21:00 #2634

More details about Tyrion.

Summary:
  • wolf unit filmed Tyrion trial scene in the Dragon Pit
  • Unsullied did not film an action scene in DP
  • no green screens used in DP, so no big cgi like dragons or white walkers
  • Tyrion trial scene will involve: Tyrion in hand-cuffs, Davos who is the "head of the jury" and not wearing a Hand of the King pin, Sansa, Arya, B.ran, Sam, Brienne (still protector of the Stark girls), Robin Arryn, new character man with Golden Armor (Harry Strickland?), new character man who is unknown to Friki, Grey Worm and unsullied guarding Tyrion. If a character is not mentioned here, then they did not film in seville
  • B.ran will recall something Tyrion said to Catelyn back in s1 during the trial: "I never bet against my family". His berayal is to try and keep his family in power, not a betrayal for love.
  • Tyrion will say "they deserve it" meaning the people of KL deserve whatever bad shit is happening to them. Still mad about his treatment after he saved them and no one stood up for him at his previous trial
  • Tyrion will fall to his knees under the weight of his actions. Can't ask for a trial by combat this time around.
  • his execution was not filmed in Seville, Friki doesn't know how his death will be carried out
  • Kit's body double was sent to seville just to decieve us. Same with lena, ncw, tom, joe, etc etc.
  • rumor only: while Tyrion is on trial Winterfell is being reconsructed.
Tumblr: bearsofair

BrendaofTarth
Goldenhand
Goldenhand

Sep 15th, '18, 21:26 #2635

Well, at least in this leak Brienne makes it to the sixth episode. And it sounds more and more like J.on and D.any are out of the picture.

But sure sounds like Jaime’s DISCO by then too. :-(

TeamGwenee
Half a God
Half a God

Sep 15th, '18, 21:31 #2636

Ugh at Brienne still being the Starks protector, hopefully she dumps them soon after. Still no guarantee Jonerys or Jaime are DISCO, just not present. But I look forward to seeing the fandom insist this means Jaime is DISCO but Jon and ICE QUEEN dAEnaRYS aren't. Honestly I struggle believing this is true, wasn't Tyrion the one pushing for less bloodshed last season?

BrendaofTarth
Goldenhand
Goldenhand

Sep 15th, '18, 21:37 #2637

Well, if Jaime is deceased, what else would Brienne be doing?

I just have trouble with Why Bri would stand there and let the Starks execute Jaime’s brother (unless what Tyrion did was totally heinous, which I’m also having problems with).

TeamGwenee
Half a God
Half a God

Sep 15th, '18, 21:40 #2638

Jaime could be injured, or apprehended in case he interferes in the proceedings like he did last time, or maybe he decides to stay away because he knows that he is not capable of helping Tyrion escape this time, so he decides or Tyrion asks him to stay away. He might be DISCO, but he might be alive. 

Erin
Evenstar
Evenstar

Sep 15th, '18, 21:46 #2639

BrendaofTarth wrote: Well, if Jaime is deceased, what else would Brienne be doing?

I just have trouble with Why Bri would stand there and let the Starks execute Jaime’s brother (unless what Tyrion did was totally heinous, which I’m also having problems with).
What if it were Cersei? Would Brienne be obligated to defend her too just because she's Jaime's sister? Brienne isn't obligated to side with anyone based on their connection to Jaime. Their actions would matter to her.

And how much protecting is Brienne actually going to do at the dragonpit, if it's just a trial and there's no CGI dragons or wights? It sounds to me what Friki really means is, "Brienne stands next to Sansa and Arya, and they might have a conversation."
Tumblr: bearsofair

koops
Evenstar
Evenstar

Sep 15th, '18, 21:47 #2640

This is all sooooo very weird.

Ok, so. I *don't* find it far fetched that Tyrion would ultimately betray J/D, although I do find the whole "I wanted to keep my family in power" reasoning very odd. I could see Tyrion wanting to protect his family out of some kind of benevolent instinct he cannot fight against, even when it comes to Cersei, but there have been literally no signs whatsoever that he was genuinely invested in keeping the Lannisters in power. To me, suddenly having him do a 180 and suggest that all along he didn't care about the realm, loved his family and wanted the Lannisters to be the absolute rulers is something I struggle to wrap my mind around. That's like... 7 seasons of characterization more or less thrown out of a window. Also, he was the one who did NOT want D.any attacking KL with her dragons and now he's all "they can all die because they didn't support me in my trial years ago"? Uh? 

Brienne STILL being the Starklings bodyguard is pseudoridiculous at this point. I honestly do not think George is aiming to end the story with Brienne being a glorified bodyguard for life. 

Davos wearing the Hand of the King pin is interesting. Because most will obviously assume that means Jon is King but... isn't it interesting that it was Nikolaj who talked about how much he liked working with Davos? I always assumed that if Jaime became King, Tyrion would be his Hand, but if it is true that Tyrion conspired with Cersei, then I can see why Davos is the best choice. 

This still does not address AT ALL why Emilia would be so "fucked up" by the "lasting flavor of what Daenerys is". If Tyrion did indeed betray them all, she would still be the victim, so even if, say, she burns him alive, well... he kind of deserved it? 

The only potential interesting aspect about Tyrion betraying them all is to flip the "good Lannister/bad Lannister trope" on its head. It would be interesting to see Jaime become the good, honorable Lannister, while Tyrion becomes the evil, scheming one. It might also explain the "heartbreaking" part of Jaime's story, if he has to face the fact that he's literally alone in the world, his family all having thrown honor away for power. But it still doesn't fully address how much Tyrion owes and loves Jaime, if they claim the betrayal is about power and not love. 

This is so NOT the climax of the series. There is no way that this is the main event, with all but one of the main protagonists missing and/or DISCO, and a collection of supporting characters as a jury, including people we have never even seen before. Something is very very fishy here. 

TeamGwenee
Half a God
Half a God

Sep 15th, '18, 21:53 #2641

Maybe Brienne is so disgusted by the proceedings that this is what drives her to ditch the Starks.
"All the good lords are DISCO and the rest are monsters."

Mikki
Evenstar
Evenstar

Sep 15th, '18, 21:58 #2642

Point of order here. Cersei already killed the nobles of KL by blowing up the sept. Tyrion wasn’t mad at the small folk, but at the nobles who watched his trial and did nothing. Those peeps also went to the spectacle that was to be her trial and already went boom.

So who deserves what?
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating. - Ashleigh Brilliant

koops
Evenstar
Evenstar

Sep 15th, '18, 21:59 #2643

The other thing is... again, I struggle to see Nikolaj so excited by an ending that essentially implies that all the Lannisters were actually evil in the end (because Tyrion was always considered the "good" Lannister by everyone) and/or DISCO while the Stark happily rebuild Winterfell, Jon is King and ICE QUEEN dAEnaRYS is giving birth somewhere before likely burning Tyrion alive and Brienne is going to spend the rest of her life as a bodyguard. And I struggle to see Kit, Emilia, Lena, and literally everyone else be all "well, not everyone will like it, it depends who you support", when they KNOW the vast majority of the audience is team Stargaryen. Yes, Tyrion is a fan favorite, but I think most people wouldn't give a crap about his ending over Jon and D.any's. He's literally #1 target for the "fan favorite who can die without upsetting many people" trope.

TeamGwenee
Half a God
Half a God

Sep 15th, '18, 22:04 #2644

Unless it is D.any and the Starks who are in the wrong.

koops
Evenstar
Evenstar

Sep 15th, '18, 22:08 #2645

But I don't buy that either. I can see characters like D.any and Sansa and Arya doing something like wrongfully condemning a man to his death, but Davos? Brienne? Jon? Sam? B.ran who can see everything? Something is off here. 

ETA: And why do they need Greyworm and an entire contingent of Unsullied to guard TYRION. TYRION. A dwarf. One guard would be more than enough. 
Last edited by koops on Sep 15th, '18, 22:10, edited 1 time in total.

Mikki
Evenstar
Evenstar

Sep 15th, '18, 22:09 #2646

Davos is NOT wearing a HotK pin.

Yeah...I struggle to believe that Tyrion is still all pissed at KL and thinking they deserve it. No sensey-making here.

I’d find Friki more credible if he didn’t end the video by trying to sell t-shirts.

Also, Tyrion bet against the Lannisters when he attacked Casterly Rock. He lost, but you know, he did it.

koops
Evenstar
Evenstar

Sep 15th, '18, 22:11 #2647

Oh I thought that was a typo and it was meant to be "NOW" wearing a Hand pin. Because it was an odd things to point out that he is NOT wearing one? I didn't watch the video.

Mikki
Evenstar
Evenstar

Sep 15th, '18, 22:14 #2648

Friki is pointing out that Davos is not acting in someone’s stead.

Twirly
Almost a Knight
Almost a Knight
Twirly
Almost a Knight
Almost a Knight

Sep 15th, '18, 22:19 #2649

Well call me a skeptical fool but I'm really struggling to believe all this 'info'.

Jaime is Tyrion's  family too and he's now fighting the good fight so why all of a sudden, after Tyrion's killed his on father and after Cersei tried to kill him multiple times, would he be all about keeping Cersei in power? It makes no sense. 

Trying to remember what little I know of he books but isn't it extremely unlikely Cersei is having Jaime's baby in the books? So if that plot point doesn't happen how does this Tyrion betayal fit in? It seems to be pointing to Tyrion doing this because of Cersie's pregnancy, but given the writers were going to have her miscarry last season and the fact it most likely won't be happening like that in the books, the motive for the whole betrayal is kind of missing. It's not for Jaime, it's not for Jaime's kid, it's for Cersei, the monster that enjoyed torturing him and trying to kill him, that's the family he's so desperate to keep in power? Um ok.

I could see Tyrion going against Jon and ICE QUEEN dAEnaRYS to make a deal with the Night King, like he gives him their baby to end the war or something, but it seems the leakers are still peddling the betrayal for his family line which is a bit of a stretch for me.

And heavens above about Brienne still being the Stark girls protector. Sure she finally acknowledged herself as a Lady in her own right last season and sure they really pointed out the girls just don't need Brienne anymore and sure they highlighted how Brienne has now done her job with them and sure Brienne has a much more important story of her own going on, but yeah, she's still just a pointless bodyguard. That just screams of Brienne was in a scene wth Sansa and Arya so she is automatically assumed to just be their servant. *sigh*.

koops
Evenstar
Evenstar

Sep 15th, '18, 22:25 #2650

Not only there's no way that if Cersei's pregnant in the books, it's Jaime's, but Tyrion in the books has extremely violent thoughts about Cersei. He's even MORE against her than in the show. There *are* signs in the books of Jaime and Tyrion's journeys going in opposite directions, with Jaime becoming more of a "hero" type of character while Tyrion becomes darker, but his darkness has nothing to do with wanting his family in power and all to do with self-deprecation and hatred for anyone he's ever met in his life. 

And ITA about Brienne. She could be there as Queen, for all we know, and they'd be all "she's guarding the Stark girls". Because that's all Brienne has done since S5 and will continue to do for the rest of her life even when they literally have zero need for her.