S6 Commentary

Mikki
Evenstar
Evenstar

1:31 PM - Nov 05, 2016 #1

Thanks to VWCD for acquiring this and Nameless for getting permission to post..

And truthing, VWCD had sent me this along with serious cautions about sharing, so I had barely shared it. I didn't want to get her in trouble. Then when she posted in her tags about having seen it, well. appears I was being over paranoid. :)

Clip of commentary

https://goo.gl/8ZZ31h

This is copyrighted material currently not released to the public and not to be shared on tumblr, not to be shared anywhere but here because it ight get someone (the sharers) in public and we don't want to alienate any sources of info. :)

LOVE TO ALL THE JB SHIPPERS.
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating. - Ashleigh Brilliant

Mikki
Evenstar
Evenstar

1:32 PM - Nov 05, 2016 #2

Shoutbox talk. Read from the bottom up.

december13
3 minutes ago
Oh, wow! Happy little shipper here doing her happy little shipper dance on the bonfire of barfy twincest! (X)
Olive
37 minutes ago
Thank you NP for asking VWCD. And thank you to VWCD for sending it our way! <3 <3 (X)
Olive
38 minutes ago
Nik stating the obvious "Yeah, yeah, of course he is" WHY can't more fans see that?? Why is it not "of course" to them too?? Gahh (X)
Olive
39 minutes ago
"A whole new world for Jaime..." "With Brienne" ahhhhh (X)
Olive
40 minutes ago
That's just the boost we needed during this very long hiatus. I cannot wait to hear the rest -- especially about their wave goodbye (X)
Olive
40 minutes ago
OMG I just heard that commentary! How BEAUTIFUL is that ?! God I love all three of them <3 (X)
Entropic Girl Reporter
Today, 8:15 AM
Almost as if she is his fuuuutuuuuuuuuure (X)
koops
Today, 7:42 AM
I just can't get over that "with Brienne" at the end by both the actress and Nik. (X)
Entropic Girl Reporter
Today, 7:32 AM
He sounds like a robot when he thinks that stuff (X)
Entropic Girl Reporter
Today, 7:31 AM
Exactly all that fate nonsense he bought into because he heard it over and over from birth (X)
Entropic Girl Reporter
Today, 7:31 AM
I feel like a politician sitting on a coming revelation that will decimate her opponent lol (X)
Ellethom
Today, 7:30 AM
and he gets to choose his own fate, not the one tht Cersei has as a mantra (X)
Entropic Girl Reporter
Today, 7:28 AM
And he's only 33. When we are older we offen look back and realize that we had that sense when young that we were trapped and realize as older persons we never were at all and we can CHOOSE (X)
Entropic Girl Reporter
Today, 7:27 AM
Doomed to this relationship, doomed to the kingslayer reputation, doomed to no family or future (X)
Entropic Girl Reporter
Today, 7:26 AM
It's a beautiful concept wrt Jaime because he's felt doomed all his life (X)
koops
Today, 7:24 AM
That's really what Nik is talking about at the end there. That the dynamic with Cersei is stuck in a miserable state and that's what it's always going to be now because they dye has set (X)
SerVader
Today, 7:24 AM
It's beautiful <3 (X)
Ellethom
Today, 7:22 AM
but the ab commentary had me like happy all mornng (X)
Ellethom
Today, 7:22 AM
right? I mean it was clear in the books but we have had it elongated in the show (X)
Entropic Girl Reporter
Today, 7:17 AM
I mean this combined with the Jaime leaving spoilers could you get more clear that the story is about a man finally getting the courage to leave an abusive relationship (X)
Entropic Girl Reporter
Today, 7:17 AM
Like the second it's ok I will post it (X)
Ellethom
Today, 7:12 AM
EGR hahahahha can't wait to see thaat both of them (X)
Entropic Girl Reporter
Today, 7:03 AM
I just want to make a tumblr post that just says rip j/c standom, 2011-Nov 14 2016 (X)
Entropic Girl Reporter
Today, 7:01 AM
Ok I made a png of it but I don't have anywhere to post images except Tumblr lol but if someone else does I can send it I put it in a Tumblr post I set to private until such time as virgin says ok (X)
koops
Today, 6:51 AM
LMAO I know! Since this time it's the director too who explains "you know he's talking about his heart, right?" (X)
Entropic Girl Reporter
Today, 6:50 AM
how will she cope with dvd commentary idk (X)
Entropic Girl Reporter
Today, 6:50 AM
she never did accept the interview where he said he was giving her his heart was a real interview lol (X)
Entropic Girl Reporter
Today, 6:49 AM
Seriously someone make sure that charmingstar has a friend she can turn to ok (X)
Entropic Girl Reporter
WITH BRIENNE from Nik is like WHOA (X)
Entropic Girl Reporter
idk if we have a logged in only thread anymore (X)
Entropic Girl Reporter
Today, 6:48 AM
ok i made a side by side document showing lines on one column and commentary in the other...and took a screenshot...do we have a thread where we could put it? (X)
koops
Today, 6:47 AM
Thanks so much for sharing, this made my day! (X)
koops
Today, 6:46 AM
Also at the end when Nik talks about Cersei and they explicitly say that it's a whole new world that it's opening up WITH Brienne. Man, fanboys are in such denial. (X)
koops
Today, 6:39 AM
And Mylod literally says "He's talking about his heart, you know?". Like that was the direction, it wasn't just Nik's interpretation. (X)
koops
Today, 6:39 AM
It was. It's Mark Mylod and the actress who played Lady Crane. (X)
Entropic Girl Reporter
Today, 6:35 AM
is that other male voice Mylod? (X)
Entropic Girl Reporter
Today, 6:32 AM
lol no i just went over and saw it wasn't on tumblr and figured there had to be a reason it wasn't in j/b tag (X)
koops
Today, 6:31 AM
wow wow wow that was amazing! Bless Nik and his shippy ways! "I don't know what that is anymore" (X)
koops
Today, 6:27 AM
No worries, I don't have a Tumblr :p I'll keep it quite (X)
Entropic Girl Reporter
Today, 6:24 AM
Will just post transcript in shout box lol (X)
Entropic Girl Reporter
Today, 6:23 AM
Damn I want to do a transcript tho (X)
Entropic Girl Reporter
Today, 6:23 AM
Ah ok scrolled back and saw that vwcd wants it kept quiet np (X)
Entropic Girl Reporter
Today, 6:21 AM
Like should it not be put on tumblr (X)
koops
Ohhh gotcha! thank you! :) (X)
Entropic Girl Reporter
Guys is there some reason we aren't talking about this publicly (X)
Entropic Girl Reporter
Today, 6:20 AM
[url=https://vid.me/o4oY]https://vid.me/o4oY[/url] (X)
Entropic Girl Reporter
Today, 6:20 AM
Here it is again but you can click Archive below the shout button and it's a link to old convo (X)
koops
Today, 6:18 AM
How can I see it? I can't scroll down that far in the shoutbox :( can anyone PM me the link? (X)
Entropic Girl Reporter
Today, 6:17 AM
Holy shit the group LAUGHED at the idea of J/C (X)
SerVader
Today, 6:13 AM
@koops NamelessPasserby posted a link in the shoutbox, of a fragment of the commentary for s06e08, the RedShelterofUnresolvedFeelings scene. It's freaking awesome <3 (X)
koops
Today, 6:05 AM
what commentary!? what did I miss?? (X)
SerVader
Today, 5:38 AM
The way Nik said "my heart" <3 (X)
SerVader
Today, 5:31 AM
Just watched that bit of the commentary. Oh God, I can't wait to hear the rest. Thanks so much for posting guys! Nik is so 100% done <3 (X)
alors
Today, 2:01 AM
(she said while looking for her cane dancing in the recliner to anarchy in the uk) (X)
alors
Today, 2:00 AM
jesus fuck i'm gonna be that crazy old lady dancing in her wheelchair shaking her fist in the air mimicking johnny rotten (X)
alors
Today, 1:01 AM
omg i just watched that commentary. like 3x. YES!!! (X)
Ellethom
Today, 1:00 AM
the truth is in there (X)
GumTree
Today, 12:36 AM
All this inspiration should have me finishing something. Nah. I enjoy y'all's shout-outs. Goes well to soundtrack of 'The Brave Little Toaster.' (X)
zuzu's petals
Today, 12:15 AM
Except J/C people and Men in Mid-Life Crises or Teen Boys, You Decide who are going to be blindsided when they get together, even though it's been spelled out for them six ways to Sunday. (X)
zuzu's petals
Today, 12:14 AM
Love how they're all openly using the word "love" in the commentary like it's a foregone conclusion. Nik started it with his interviews after that episode and everyone else is like, "duh." (X)
justme
Today, 12:13 AM
Ellethom
Yesterday, 11:49 PM
Nice! (X)
justme
Yesterday, 11:40 PM
[url=http://w11.zetaboards.com/Jaime_x_Brienne/single/?p=10020919&t=11601827]http://w11.zetaboards.com/Jaime_x_Brienne/single/?p=10020919&t=11601827[/url] (X)
Ellethom
Yesterday, 11:37 PM
and so much wonderful spiderdicking has occurred (X)
Ellethom
Yesterday, 11:26 PM
that commentary bit is life. (X)
nahiddles
Yesterday, 11:12 PM
denial ain't just a river in Egypt (X)
Erin
Yesterday, 11:11 PM
Not sure why they worry about Nik's opinion, when they should be more worried about every piece of canon material (X)
NamelessPasserby
Yesterday, 11:07 PM
@justme that was fast! (X)
NamelessPasserby
Yesterday, 11:05 PM
Nikolaj sounds so done with j/c and yet j/c shippers still think he's the captain of their ship? (X)
justme
Yesterday, 11:04 PM
i love how one stan even got an anon ask about it "a jb shipper said she'd heard the commentaries and nik was anti-jc"...when basically all virgin tagged was the "i don't even know anymore" (X)
justme
Yesterday, 11:02 PM
DontBelieveFakeCommenteryItIsAShitJaimeOnlyLovesCersei .... or something (X)
NamelessPasserby
Yesterday, 10:56 PM
i could see it now, crazy carrie will say it's fake! (X)
Mikki
Yesterday, 10:54 PM
Essie Davis is a mole for us. (X)
Mikki
The Barfy Incest Ship stans gonna explode. JB media forced him to say it. (X)
NamelessPasserby
i loved essie davis's reaction too "he loves her" you damn right he does!!! i can't believe there are people in this world who can't see that!! (X)
NamelessPasserby
Yesterday, 10:53 PM
@justme i just had to ask. ;) i'm getting greedy now because i want to see more clips. the 15th is still a long way lol (X)
nahiddles
Yesterday, 10:47 PM
I cant wait to see it in full, the commentary on the edmure scene and the goodbye scene#7 (X)
justme
Yesterday, 10:45 PM
thanks to you and virgin who cannot drive for sharing! :) (X)
NamelessPasserby
Yesterday, 10:42 PM
"what about his sister?" Nik: "i don't know what that is anymore" :laugh: (X)
justme
Yesterday, 10:42 PM
..and then "Yeah...yeah. Of course he is" (X)
tamjlee
Yesterday, 10:41 PM
Can't wait to hear the commentary on the Edmure scene (X)
Erin
Yesterday, 10:36 PM
Love Mylod's, "He's talking about himself you know!" While giggling like a schoolgirl. (X)
Erin
Yesterday, 10:35 PM
Essie Davis (X)
GumTree
Yesterday, 10:35 PM
Yep. Dead. Dead. Not unhappy. Just dead. SpiDicked & NikCommed. JB = Love. (X)
NamelessPasserby
Yesterday, 10:34 PM
lol mark mylod fangirling all over (X)
tamjlee
Yesterday, 10:34 PM
Whose the female voice (X)
Mikki
Yesterday, 10:29 PM
That commentary is the everything! (X)
justme
Yesterday, 10:29 PM
gah! that commentary has to potential to kill us ded too (X)
justme
Yesterday, 10:26 PM
it's awesome spiderdicking, mikki! (X)
NamelessPasserby
Yesterday, 10:24 PM
here's the nikolaj commentary @nahiddles was talking about: [url=https://goo.gl/8ZZ31h]https://goo.gl/8ZZ31h[/url] vwcd gave me the ok to post it here! discuss!!!! :woot: :woot: :woot: (X)
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating. - Ashleigh Brilliant

december13
Golden Bitchslapper
Golden Bitchslapper
december13
Golden Bitchslapper
Golden Bitchslapper

1:36 PM - Nov 05, 2016 #3

Mikki, I love you! I love whoever posted this! I love whoever gave permission for that link to be posted here! I love NCW! And those other two for stating the obvious!

Happy is permanent state of my shipper heart!!!
I was once a Bath Steamer!

december13 aka me! on AO3

koops
Evenstar
Evenstar

1:44 PM - Nov 05, 2016 #4

Thank you all for sharing this and creating this safe space to comment on this because the shoutbox was way too restrictive for the amount of jaw-drop I had at that commentary. LOL. I love all of it. From the confirmation that the "heart" symbolism is directorial intent, and not just Nik's interpretation of the scene, to the fact that everyone involve and not (like Essie) blatantly considers it to have obvious romantic undertones, to Nik's comments on the state of the J/C relationship and that final "it's a whole new world for Jaime with Brienne" that carries such a hopeful message for their dynamic not just in terms of a romance but in terms of how Jaime is, metaphorically, taking Brienne's hand and stepping out there into something new and that his journey won't end at the feet of his sister.

I hope the rest of the commentary is as good as these bits!

Olive
Bath Steamer
Bath Steamer
Olive
Bath Steamer
Bath Steamer

2:04 PM - Nov 05, 2016 #5

Thanks for this, Mikki!

I love how breathless Nik almost sounded when he said "Yeah...yeah...of course he is." Like he was swept away in watching that moment again. I feel you, Nik!

Mikki
Evenstar
Evenstar

2:11 PM - Nov 05, 2016 #6

I loved the confirmation of how much work went into it to get their perfect lighting. Because it matters!!

Dawn
Loyalty Fucker
Loyalty Fucker
Dawn
Loyalty Fucker
Loyalty Fucker

2:37 PM - Nov 05, 2016 #7

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Can someone write Nik's comment before the "new life with Brienne" ??i can't hear loud right now..
“Most have been forgotten. Most deserve to be forgotten.
The heroes will always be remembered. The best. The best and the worst.
And a few who were a bit of both.”

Ellethom
Almost a Knight
Almost a Knight
Ellethom
Almost a Knight
Almost a Knight

2:50 PM - Nov 05, 2016 #8

Oh god the commentary! This was what I woe up to this morning! My week is made, lke i wanna shove this all over the place.

I wanna dance in the light of the tears of all the fanboys and The Barfy Incest Ship stans.

But I won;t at least not until the 15th
There ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk --Tom Waits

Erin
Evenstar
Evenstar

2:52 PM - Nov 05, 2016 #9

Yes, there are some parts where I can't tell if it's Nik or Mark who's talking, so a transcript would be FILLED WITH THE BANG POWER OF THE JB SEX SCENE.

But as if the show itself wasn't heavy handed enough with the JB relationship in episode 6x08, everything Nik and Mark have said in interviews and now this commentary just really seals the deal. I can't JB BANGTICIPATION to see how people try to explain this away!

And justme, to answer your Jeopardy question. :p

Tumblr: bearsofair

koops
Evenstar
Evenstar

3:01 PM - Nov 05, 2016 #10

Nik rambles a bit about J/C but I think the gist is that he thinks the J/C dynamic is like one of those couples who have been together forever and whose relationship eventually gets stuck on a particular dynamic, in their case fighting, and that's it and that's all there is and they can't seem to snap out of it? At least that's what I gathered, because he's not entirely clear.

And then Essie Davies says that it's a whole new world for Jaime now with... and Nik agrees and adds that "with Brienne, yes". Basically that the relationship he has with her is unlike anything he's ever experienced before. What I liked about that quote is that it has a certain sense of excitement because it's all uncharted territory for him.

tamjlee
Arms of the Woman He Loves
tamjlee

3:44 PM - Nov 05, 2016 #11

I know I talk a lot about my kids and my experience as a foster parent, but for this topic I think the experience is revelent I have fostered more than 30 children and something they all have in common despite coming from varying degrees of dysfunction, is they don't know what respect and proper discipline look like.When my kids require a teaching moment because of their behaviour, I approach it as teaching and guidance but it still blows up in my face.They are so defensive and take everything the wrong way because my approach is foreign to them, they can't trust it or understand it.My little one does something careless and makes a mess I hand her a rag and show her to clean it up.She screams that I'm mean and that I hate her because she thinks I'm so mad and yet I never even raised my voice.But they only know drama, they only think love is expressed after conflict.This is conditioned in them and it takes a very long time to break.I've had my current kids almost 5 yrs and they still deny or lie about the obvious for fear of "getting in trouble" even though they know I am reasonable.Even when I correct a spelling mistake, they take that critism as me being mad at them and they are in trouble.It doesn't help that oftentimes the birth families undermine foster parents and tell their children we aren't to be trusted and our parenting style is just faked or for show.I'm sure if The Barfy Incest Ship were a real life couple and Jaime divorced her and remarried Brienne, Cersei would still be filling his head with tales that Brienne isn't real and eventually she would turn on him too.It's hard to believe that another respects you when you have never lived it before.

Of course a romantic dynamic is different than a parent child one, but the conditioning is the same.If your dynamic is one of conflict than passion and you think this equals love than its very hard to see love in anything else.Aside from the The Barfy Incest Ship couple dynamic, the Lannister dynamic is to believe that everyone is out to get them, everyone is an enemy, everyone has an angle: there is no such thing as sincerity etc. So Jaime is experiencing a truly sincere person for the first time and is allowing himself to believe it.That's why he looks at her like she is a unicorn,it's completely new to him and finally he is starting to get that he prefers it.

QueenBri
Engagement Sword Forger
Engagement Sword Forger
QueenBri
Engagement Sword Forger
Engagement Sword Forger

4:03 PM - Nov 05, 2016 #12

Oh this commentary is just beautiful. It's made my day! :wub:

You really can hear the excitement in Nik's voice that Jaime's heading in a different direction. It must be boring as hell basically filming the same J/C scene over and over again. The 'I don't know what that is anymore' line is GOLD!

december13
Golden Bitchslapper
Golden Bitchslapper
december13
Golden Bitchslapper
Golden Bitchslapper

4:13 PM - Nov 05, 2016 #13

I love that he compared J/C relationship with the abusive one, where victim can't break the vicious circle... Until, in Jaime's case, he finds new world aka possibilities, with Brienne.
I was once a Bath Steamer!

december13 aka me! on AO3

koops
Evenstar
Evenstar

4:15 PM - Nov 05, 2016 #14

Oh yeah, I didn't even catch it until now. Nik actually calls it an "abusive relationship"! I didn't quite catch it at first, and I was a bit confused because it sounded like he said "women who have been in a beautif... relationship" and it didn't make much sense to me but it's actually "abusive". So, yeah. Nik has officially compared J/C to an abusive relationship. What a romance :p

Erin
Evenstar
Evenstar

4:23 PM - Nov 05, 2016 #15

Lena has commentary for episode 10, so I'm curious to see what she has to say about Cersei's state of mind and Jaime walking in on her coronation. I think Nik might tend to be a little more analytical when talking about the show, but hearing her take on it should be interesting nonetheless.
Tumblr: bearsofair

sapphire-lions
Half a God
Half a God

4:48 PM - Nov 05, 2016 #16

OMG! Guys, I just started screaming!!!

JB 4ever <3 :blueheart: <3 :blueheart: <3 :blueheart: <3 :blueheart: <3 :blueheart: <3 :blueheart: <3 :wub:

Olive
Bath Steamer
Bath Steamer
Olive
Bath Steamer
Bath Steamer

4:53 PM - Nov 05, 2016 #17

Because I have a little time on my hands atm, here's the transcript:

Mark: I love that line. ["It's yours. It will always be yours."]

Essie: Awwhh [kind of moans haha]
[Mark and Essie laugh]

Essie: He loves her.

Nik: My heart...

Mark: He's talking about his heart, you know? [laughs, totally fangirling]

Nik: Yeah, yeah...of course he is [in a wistful voice].

Essie: What about his sister?
[Mark Mylod laughs]

Nik: That's...I don't know what that is anymore.
[Mark laughs]

Essie: [after "Let's hope it doesn't come to that"] Ah, that was a beautiful moment.

Nik: Yeah.

Mark: I give a shout out to [sorry can't quite get the name]. I thought the way he managed to keep the light direction...within the...you know, within a red RedShelterofUnresolvedFeelings was incredibly skillful. It was so beautifully done.

Nik: Do you know that thing with Cersei -- you asked me about that relationship...do you know when you hear about couples that have been together forever and they are fighting and they are -- or, you know, you hear about women who's been in abusive relationships. There's something about the dynamic takes over, and suddenly you can't -- there is no other way.

Mark: Yeah, the dye is set.

Nik: Yeah, and I think it's a little bit like that with them.
[Mark agrees]

Essie: And this is a completely new world for Jaime with...

Nik: Oh yeah, with Brienne.

*Feel free to correct me if I misquoted anyone or heard wrong!

koops
Evenstar
Evenstar

5:02 PM - Nov 05, 2016 #18

I just love how everyone is talking about Brienne like she's obviously Jaime's love interest and comparing Jaime's relationship to Brienne with the one he has with Cersei in a "two romantic options" way and nobody is questioning it for a second. Except for, you know, the fanboys.

sapphire-lions
Half a God
Half a God

5:08 PM - Nov 05, 2016 #19

This is NEARLY AS GOOD AS THAT S8 JB SEX SCENE!!! We need to get all the JB commentary on one vid so next time some fuckboy claims that fangirls fangirled this ship into existence we can post one link and shut them up.

Mikki
Evenstar
Evenstar

5:09 PM - Nov 05, 2016 #20

BUT SHE'S UGLY AND YOU CAN GET A BONER FROM A STIFF WIND!

Bwhahahahha. :)

zuzu's petals
Dragon Charger
Dragon Charger

5:14 PM - Nov 05, 2016 #21

Men don't have CONTROL of their boners, just like authors don't have control when they write about boners, GOD.

koops
Evenstar
Evenstar

5:15 PM - Nov 05, 2016 #22

The thing is, that's what happens in the books too. Jaime compares Brienne to Cersei from the get go. He doesn't compare Brienne to anyone else but Cersei (and perhaps himself). He's weighing the two of them against each other all the time. It's not something the showrunners, let alone the fans, have willed into existence from nothing, come on.

Olive
Bath Steamer
Bath Steamer
Olive
Bath Steamer
Bath Steamer

5:18 PM - Nov 05, 2016 #23

koops wrote:I just love how everyone is talking about Brienne like she's obviously Jaime's love interest and comparing Jaime's relationship to Brienne with the one he has with Cersei in a "two romantic options" way and nobody is questioning it for a second. Except for, you know, the fanboys.
Yup. They're explicitly saying Jaime's heart lies with Brienne. He's trapped in a toxic, rinse-wash-repeat relationship, but his heart has long since checked out.

It's annoying reading so many comments on FB and other sites -- particularly after 6x08 aired -- from people who say Jaime and Brienne would never work because he loves Cersei so much, more than he will ever love Brienne. Umm...really? :blink: Is that what you see? So, it's always rewarding to hear cast and crew say Jaime is in love with Brienne and he's essentially miserable with Cersei -- make no mistake.

nahiddles
Almost a Beauty
Almost a Beauty
nahiddles
Almost a Beauty
Almost a Beauty

5:20 PM - Nov 05, 2016 #24

A WHOLE NEEEW WOOOORLD!
A NEW ONLY OVERSHADOWED BY THE GLORY OF THE S8 JB SEX SCENE POINT OF VIEW!
No twincest shippers or Men in Mid-Life Crises or Teen Boys, You Decide to tell us no, or where to go, or say we're only dreaming!

I love EVERYTHING about this commentary--or what little we could get so far. I love how Nikolaj said my heart--it's either in a way that he spoke in character (re She represents the best part of me) or like in a fangirlish way "MY HEART!" :laugh:

15th of November can't come soon enough! The commentary of the Edmure/Jaime scene is one I'm looking forward to the most--I wanna see them discuss the undertones of the scene rather than the surface of "I'll catapult your MARTHA MARTHA MARTHA" line. Also.. the goodbye scene!
'I'm sorry that I never trusted you. I don't know how to do that anymore.'
Personal Tumblr
Game of Thrones tumblr
Twitter

koops
Evenstar
Evenstar

5:25 PM - Nov 05, 2016 #25

Olive wrote:
koops wrote:I just love how everyone is talking about Brienne like she's obviously Jaime's love interest and comparing Jaime's relationship to Brienne with the one he has with Cersei in a "two romantic options" way and nobody is questioning it for a second. Except for, you know, the fanboys.
Yup. They're explicitly saying Jaime's heart lies with Brienne. He's trapped in a toxic, rinse-wash-repeat relationship, but his heart has long since checked out.

It's annoying reading so many comments on FB and other sites -- particularly after 6x08 aired -- from people who say Jaime and Brienne would never work because he loves Cersei so much, more than he will ever love Brienne. Umm...really? :blink: Is that what you see? So, it's always rewarding to hear cast and crew say Jaime is in love with Brienne and he's essentially miserable with Cersei -- make no mistake.

Yes! Like I was saying, I love hearing that the whole "he's talking about his heart" thing comes from the director too, not just Nik. So that *was* the intent behind that scene. Jaime's loyalty might lie with Cersei still (for now), but his heart left on that boat.