Erin
Evenstar
Evenstar

Sep 14th, '18, 13:47 #9301

koops wrote:Re: the video... maybe he filmed it before he left for the US?
Could be. Or even earlier than that. He had no problem mentioning on Instagram a month ago that he couldn't make it. It was the Con that was reassuring everyone he'd be there, before they decided to go completely silent.
Tumblr: bearsofair

NamelessPasserby
Mario Lopez
Mario Lopez

Sep 14th, '18, 14:02 #9302

I'm so sorry you guys. Unfortunate situation all around. Yup pretty shitty of Nik, his agent, and the Con for this mess.

The Cincinnati con doesn't offer refunds for admission fees so yup obviously those crooks were trying to milk as much as they could with Nik's appearance. Who knows how long they actually knew Nik wasn't attending but were playing dumb with the fans.

As for Nik still being in Denmark in the past couple days, it's possible he didn't leave to San Fran with his wife and flew out later for whatever reason. As I mentioned earlier, I do think it's weird there have been no sightings of him in Cali these past couple of days. Nik going full ninja in Cali, yeah I just don't see that happening especially in Cali. Lol.

timetravelingwritr
Half a God
Half a God

Sep 14th, '18, 14:17 #9303

So the con might have known about nik not going for about a month, but they just announces it today? That's a shitty move, too.

I'm so sorry for you guys. I would have been so pissed for wasting money over something like this...

Aerest
Maiden Saver
Maiden Saver

Sep 14th, '18, 14:18 #9304

If Nik publicly announced he wouldn't make it to the con a month ago. If he was announced at being at the climate action event some days ago. If the con just spread the information some hours ago. - Who's at fault about shitty communication with fans here?

I'm sorry for everyone who planned to meet him. Meet each other instead, and have a brilliant time together! 

guiltypleased
Almost a Beauty
Almost a Beauty

Sep 14th, '18, 14:33 #9305

I'm so sorry for all of you who were going to Cincinnati. I truly am.
I wouldn't say Nik doesn't care about fans. I think he is one of the most commited in that department from the whole cast.
BUT, as I said in a previous post (and he admitted it, I can't find the interview but I read it somewhere), he says yes too easy and then he realizes he can't make it, letting everyone down.

Also isn't a manager's job to organize this schedule? Is it so easy to contact Nik directly and book things from him? I don't think so.
The manager didn't really know anything about the concert before this week as the con stated? I don't think so.
Nik needs someone who makes him stop and think beforehand and say yes and no accordingly, that's the only thing I know for sure.
And if he has to cancel, communicate in advance. That's what a good manager does.

If this is just the con hiding things or lying to have the tickets sold... SHAME ON YOU.

Laura1013
Almost a Beauty
Almost a Beauty
Laura1013
Almost a Beauty
Almost a Beauty

Sep 14th, '18, 14:52 #9306

guiltypleased wrote:I'm so sorry for all of you who were going to Cincinnati. I truly am.
I wouldn't say Nik doesn't care about fans. I think he is one of the most commited in that department from the whole cast.
BUT, as I said in a previous post (and he admitted it, I can't find the interview but I read it somewhere), he says yes too easy and then he realizes he can't make it, letting everyone down.

Also isn't a manager's job to organize this schedule? Is it so easy to contact Nik directly and book things from him? I don't think so.
The manager didn't really know anything about the concert before this week as the con stated? I don't think so.
Nik needs someone who makes him stop and think beforehand and say yes and no accordingly, that's the only thing I know for sure.
And if he has to cancel, communicate in advance. That's what a good manager does.

If this is just the con hiding things or lying to have the tickets sold... SHAME ON YOU.

Yup I blame the con for this. I really do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 14th, '18, 15:02 #9307

NamelessPasserby wrote:As for Nik still being in Denmark in the past couple days, it's possible he didn't leave to San Fran with his wife and flew out later for whatever reason. As I mentioned earlier, I do think it's weird there have been no sightings of him in Cali these past couple of days. Nik going full ninja in Cali, yeah I just don't see that happening especially in Cali. Lol.
Ehhhhh as someone from SF, I wouldn't be surprised if nobody recognizes him. For the most part we like to stay in our lane and we don't really get much celeb sightings here, so I think a lot of us are not used to the prospect of a celeb visiting the city.

That being said, I'll definitely keep an eye out for you guys! I'm still debating whether or not I want to get a ticket for tonight's event or if I just want to hang near the area to see if I can catch a glimpse of him.

QueenBri
Jaime’s Luscious Locks
Jaime’s Luscious Locks
QueenBri
Jaime’s Luscious Locks
Jaime’s Luscious Locks

Sep 14th, '18, 15:55 #9308

guiltypleased wrote:
I think you’re confusing a manager with an agent, GP. Scheduling is absolutely a manager’s job, but Nik fired his manager and took on the job of basically hiring himself out to things like this, which is why this is even more of a mess.

I don’t doubt that the con could be at fault, but this is exactly the type of thing that Nik made himself responsible for, which makes me want to tear my hair out.

Laura1013
Almost a Beauty
Almost a Beauty
Laura1013
Almost a Beauty
Almost a Beauty

Sep 14th, '18, 15:58 #9309

QueenBri wrote:
guiltypleased wrote:
I think you’re confusing a manager with an agent, GP. Scheduling is absolutely a manager’s job, but Nik fired his manager and took on the job of basically hiring himself out to things like this, which is why this is even more of a mess.

I don’t doubt that the con could be at fault, but this is exactly the type of thing that Nik made himself responsible for, which makes me want to tear my hair out.

Ohhh I did not realize that. Interesting. And as much as I like him he doesn’t seem to be very detail oriented.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guiltypleased
Almost a Beauty
Almost a Beauty

Sep 14th, '18, 16:01 #9310

Oh, ok. Yeah, I reviewed the info and the con talked to the agent, yes. Sorry, my bad.
So, well, Nik, YOU CLEARLY NEED A MANAGER THEN.
Last edited by guiltypleased on Sep 14th, '18, 16:28, edited 1 time in total.

Currawong
Fookin' Sellsword
Fookin' Sellsword
Currawong
Fookin' Sellsword
Fookin' Sellsword

Sep 14th, '18, 16:24 #9311

I dont know anything about cons, but if you were responsible for organising a big event with popular stars or big names, especially in the world of movies or TV,  wouldn’t you as organiser stay in touch with the stars and regularly confirm their attendance?  Dont just rely on them telling you about date clashes, but keep in touch?  I mean, you will have had to organise accommodation and so on for them, so you would want to keep tabs on their attendance.   It seems funny to me that so many Nik fans had doubts about his appearance long before now, yet the organisers supposedly didnt know and only just released the news now. 
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no use being a dam fool about it.
W.C.Fields

jennyv
Almost a Beauty
Almost a Beauty

Sep 14th, '18, 16:35 #9312

Well, he has been in Greenland for a month so it probably wasn't easy on either end to communicate, not excusing anyone, but it probably played a part in this.

Currawong
Fookin' Sellsword
Fookin' Sellsword
Currawong
Fookin' Sellsword
Fookin' Sellsword

Sep 14th, '18, 16:37 #9313

I’d have been confirming his attendance well over a month ago!  
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no use being a dam fool about it.
W.C.Fields

jennyv
Almost a Beauty
Almost a Beauty

Sep 14th, '18, 16:45 #9314

True, I would have, too.

Mikki
Evenstar
Evenstar

Sep 14th, '18, 16:50 #9315

I think it's likely the Con knew he couldn't attend back when Nik posted on Instagram that he couldn't. The Con just didn't announce the cancellation. The Con is in the business of making money, not making people happy. 
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating. - Ashleigh Brilliant

Erin
Evenstar
Evenstar

Sep 14th, '18, 17:39 #9316

When was he at Costa Azul?

Spanish Esquire Interview

Translated:
The temptation is too great. Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Rudkøbing, Denmark, 1970) and his ladino smile await in a hammock with his feet buried in the sand of the beach. The actor visits the Costa Azul as the ambassador of L'Oréal Paris to promote the line of Men Expert facial care products. The publicists of the brand have urged me to ask you three questions about the last season of Game of Thrones. The global phenomenon comes to an end, time has stopped on the French Riviera and the man in front of me knows the fate of the incestuous and contrite Jaime Lannister.

And you, why are you worth it? 

We all are worth it. That is the thing. We would have to have the same possibilities to enjoy a good life. It should depend on the effort, on how you affect the people around you ... [laughs]. I do not know. I'm not a publicist.

Your mother raised you, you grew up with two sisters and you have had two daughters, I imagine that gender equality is beyond doubt. 

You have forgotten my two dogs [wide smile]. It is so obvious to me ... It is fair and relevant to women, and it also favors men. The societies in which girls are empowered, flourish. On a global scale we face great challenges: climate change, economic inequality, and to solve them we need to take part equally.

Your mother was a bookseller. How many books did you have at home? 

Many. I tried a Kindle time and I thought: "Cool! I have all these books stuck in here. " But it is not the same experience. My mother was always reading, she still does. And when you see that your mother does, you imitate her. It's the best things I know. A good book expands your world.

Which were the most important ones for you as a child? 

My mother read me a story by Astrid Lindgren called The Heart of the Lion Brothers. It is a beautiful story about two children in a fantasy world, about good versus evil from a child's perspective.

And what did you read? 

I loved those children who solve mysteries and take over the work of adults.

Are you a happy person or is it a pose? 

I am more a glass half full than half empty. It is surprising to think about the amount of people affected by depression in recent years in Western countries. I do not know why this happens, really. Clearly, money does not buy happiness, but a change is happening.

In what sense?

Young people distance themselves from that value system. And the challenges we face are to stop consuming so much and spend so much energy. People return today from vacations in a poor country surprised by how happy their inhabitants are, which is a look full of prejudices. That is our problem: consider that economic success equals happiness. And that's my speech.

Why do you think that Denmark leads the ranking of the happiest countries in the world year after year?

I think it's a good place. Of course, there is much to improve, but there is a high level of social equality. The strongest arms have to support the weakest.

You have written, produced and starred. I wonder if directing also enters into your plans.

Yes, but one little step after another. Now that Game of Thrones comes to an end I will have more time. I'll miss it, but I'm excited about what's to come.

Besides the best opportunities that Game of Thrones has given you, how does it feel to have appeared in an episode of The Simpsons

It was great. I had two or three sentences and they gave me the autographed script. I have the first page framed.

How would you like Jamie Lannister to die?

Why do you think Jamie is going to die? Or, better, why do you think I want him to die?

Have you thought about it? 

At home, from old age.

Both Emilia Clarke and Kit Harington have stated that when they read the end of the series they were shocked. What was your reaction?

I was surprised, because there are things that I had already planned, but also great surprises. I told David (Benioff) and DB (Weiss) that they could not have done a better job in finishing the series.

What will you do with the skills you have learned over these years? 

I hope to continue riding on horseback and handle with my left hand.

What can you do now that you're left-handed? 

Write, although it looks like the calligraphy of a six-year-old child. And handling s sword in my left hand helps me a lot in my gardening tasks. Now I can use both to fight weeds.

What memory are you going to keep?

I'd like to keep my hand, but they do not want to give it to me [he says it sulkily]. But hey, I take the memories, which are the most important.
Also looks like he'll be in France at the end of the month.
FRANCE. L’Oréal Paris will erect a floating runway on the river Seine this month as part of Paris Fashion Week (PFW).

On September 30th, the beauty giant will stage a catwalk show on this floating platform. The show, said the company, will celebrate “beauty, fashion and diversity”.

[...]

A variety of celebrity models has been chosen to “champion an important message of diversity on this world stage,” explained L’Oréal. Doutzen Kroes, Elle Fanning, Soo Joo Park, Nikolaj Coster Waldau and Eva Longoria are among those confirmed so far.

Aerest
Maiden Saver
Maiden Saver

Sep 14th, '18, 18:09 #9317

Fight weeds both-handedly... I truly love how down-to-earth Nik is.

If Nik isn't allowed to keep the hand, Gwen probably doesn't get to keep Oathkeeper either :( 

- Raise your hand if you automatically added Brienne and their 10 kids to that "Jaime dies of old age at home" mental image :D

Erin
Evenstar
Evenstar

Sep 14th, '18, 18:18 #9318

Write, although it looks like the calligraphy of a six-year-old child. And handling s sword in my left hand helps me a lot in my gardening tasks. Now I can use both to fight weeds.
I hope that's evidence that Jaime actually gets better at using using his left hand in season 8. :D  So far he hasn't really done much with his left hand to call it a skill. 

TeamGwenee
Half a God
Half a God

Sep 14th, '18, 18:21 #9319

"Why do you think I want him to die?"

Preach!!!

Allison
Almost a Knight
Almost a Knight
Allison
Almost a Knight
Almost a Knight

Sep 14th, '18, 18:23 #9320

How would you like Jamie Lannister to die?

Why do you think Jamie is going to die? Or, better, why do you think I want him to die?

Have you thought about it? 

At home, from old age.
This is all the confirmation I need.  :hearteyes: Okay, yeah I know it's not really confirmation, but seriously, the way he has been acting about this season and that it's "everything that [he] hoped for" makes me super enthusiastic and optimistic. Plus, he literally constantly says that D&D couldn't have done a better job, basically verbatim every time. I'm psyched, yall. And even if he doesn't live, I have faith in Nikolaj's enthusiasm that his end will be fitting.

MamaBarely
Ser Cleos
Ser Cleos

Sep 14th, '18, 19:26 #9321

Erin wrote:

I hope that's evidence that Jaime actually gets better at using using his left hand in season 8. :D  So far he hasn't really done much with his left hand to call it a skill. 
I've always wondered about the logistics of the actual golden hand. It looks like it's basically a hard case/glove that goes over his real hand, so maybe he can't really remove it between takes & it was just easier to keep it on and adapt.

BluHamster
Kingsguard
Kingsguard

Sep 14th, '18, 20:06 #9322

TeamGwenee wrote: "Why do you think I want him to die?"

Preach!!!
I think if Jaime does survive I'm going to need a shirt that says "Jaime Survived" or "I survived waiting 13 years" or however long you've been reading the books.

MamaBarely
Ser Cleos
Ser Cleos

Sep 14th, '18, 20:26 #9323

BluHamster wrote:

Preach!!!
I think if Jaime does survive I'm going to need a shirt that says "Jaime Survived" or "I survived waiting 13 years" or however long you've been reading the books.
Hahaha it would be like the “Dumbledore dies” meme, only “Jaime lives.”

Or for the salty, “I waited 13 years for Jaime to die, and all I got was this lousy shirt and a redemption arc.”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Allison
Almost a Knight
Almost a Knight
Allison
Almost a Knight
Almost a Knight

Sep 14th, '18, 21:10 #9324

BluHamster wrote:

Preach!!!
You:

Mikki
Evenstar
Evenstar

Sep 14th, '18, 21:12 #9325

You could sell those to the dudebros, Mama.
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating. - Ashleigh Brilliant