fleetingmusings
Ser Cleos
Ser Cleos

Sep 8th, '14, 22:09 #176

I'm glad you still had a lovely experience even if you didn't get a chance to talk to them! It wasn't my favorite play of the night either (blasphemy!) and I totally know what you mean about not actually listening to them lol. Sounds like you have a great support system and you can tell us all about Comikaze when you go!

Deleted User
Deleted User

Sep 8th, '14, 22:16 #177

I had to remind myself about having to focus on the words as well. It was really difficult.

I'm sorry you didn't get a pic! But at least you hung around to try. I probably wouldn't have wanted to interrupt them either. I like to think everything happens for a reason, so this means you'll probably get an epic encounter and pic with her at Comikaze!

Out of curiosity, what was your favorite play? My sister's favorite was the comedy (the second one). I didn't really have a favorite of the night. I liked them all for different reasons, so they're all tied for me. I do think the acting in Nik's play was the best though.

clothospindle
Almost a Beauty
Almost a Beauty

Sep 8th, '14, 22:23 #178

Joyous, glad you got a front row seat and had the opportunity to see what might be a once in a lifetime thing (given that it was held in such an intimate setting and all). Aww, sorry pics didn't work out for you, your husband sounds like a such a great guy and very cool that you have Comikaze to look forward to now!

joyousfollies
Almost a Beauty
Almost a Beauty

Sep 8th, '14, 22:27 #179

ginmo wrote:Out of curiosity, what was your favorite play? My sister's favorite was the comedy (the second one). I didn't really have a favorite of the night. I liked them all for different reasons, so they're all tied for me. I do think the acting in Nik's play was the best though.
From an enjoyment perspective, I really liked the second one. It was hilarious and it helped put me at ease a little. I've been on an adrenaline high for like a week :)

The most interesting one for me was the first one. This was also my husband's favorite. He liked that it unexpectedly went into sci-fi territory.

The only one I didn't like was the third one. And it wasn't that it was bad, I just felt kind of depressed afterwards. And I didn't want to feel like that going into Nik's play.

And I agree that the best acting was in Nik's play. But, I am a little biased ;)
~Jess~ Those two idiots

Tumblooo

meteor69
Half a God
Half a God

Sep 8th, '14, 23:33 #180

^^I read a couple of reviews from non J/B fans and they also said Nik's had the best acting.

Nik was wearing aviators, how did he act his parts? With movements and his voice? I'm sorry for asking too many questions, I am trying to imagine this J/B AU in my head :laugh:

Deleted User
Deleted User

Sep 8th, '14, 23:38 #181

meteor69 wrote:Nik was wearing aviators, how did he act his parts? With movements and his voice? I'm sorry for asking too many questions, I am trying to imagine this J/B AU in my head :laugh:
He was either staring at the floor or looking in the general direction of Gwen and the guy that played his bff. He was acting a lot with his voice, posture, and how he shifted his body. His voice had a lot of emotional depth, just like Gwen's. But, Gwen's character could see and she was also terrified/worried and had a meltdown so she went deeper and more dramatic with the expressions imo. Nik's character was more calm and joking around. He was not taking his injury so seriously. But when it got to the stuff about the son he never knew then his emotions really shifted and he became way more somber, and his voice was very gentle and soothing during the scene when Gwen was having a meltdown.

meteor69
Half a God
Half a God

Sep 8th, '14, 23:57 #182

Thank you! I forgot to add if you remember any memorable lines from Nik/Harry? Funny, sweet or sad ones.
We can talk about the play for ages.
GoT? What GoT? :laugh:
So his play ended on a sad note? Maybe that was the reason he was rushing to go away from the theater vicinity. Actors can get into their characters. I guess he was still channeling Harry and wanted to have some air to shake it off?

larth
Almost a Beauty
Almost a Beauty
larth
Almost a Beauty
Almost a Beauty

Sep 9th, '14, 00:02 #183

ginmo wrote:
meteor69 wrote:I'm clueless re: stage reading. When Sarah cried, did Gwen act it out? Did she really cry or she just changed her voice intonation (like when actors dub their parts or do radio shows.) And when Harry kissed her tears, did Nik make smooching sounds? :laugh:
They were like semi-reading. So they pretty much had most of the script memorized, but they would glance down at it to follow along. It never really felt like they were reading straight from the page, and if they did, they still acted out the words and emotions. They only stuff they didn't act out was big physical movements, like getting up and grabbing things, kissing, etc. Although, two of the plays they actually were moving around a lot and physically acting it out, and in one the couple even made out. But Gwen and Nik still looked at each other when they spoke their lines (though Nik was blind, so his body would just turn towards her while he looked towards the ground), and Gwen would turn her body to lovingly look (!!!!!!!!) or glare at him. When they spoke, they really acted out the words and played up the facial expressions, especially Gwen when she was staring at him because he was blind and she was frightened so she had this concerned, sad look on her face a lot. She did cry, but there were no tears. Just really watery eyes, quivering lips and chin (DYING), red face, and so on. And ugh, when he'd joke with her and she'd smile and then she'd look over at him with love KILL ME.

If anyone has seen Wizards vs. Aliens, there is one scene when Tom is holding their baby and saying he'll do whatever it takes to keep their son safe and she's giving him that warm, happy-tear smile SHE PRACTICALLY DID THAT SAME EXPRESSION TOWARDS NIK AND I ALMOST DIED.

And no smooching sounds lol. Gwen had lines though during the kiss, so the narrator was saying how he was kissing her cheeks and then Gwen would say a line through her crying and then the narrator would continue saying how he's kissing her tears away and Nik would have a line and so on. So there was dialogue with it. It was basically Nik's character calming her down as she cried and begged for forgiveness and he was just soothing her with words and kisses all over her face, "tasting her tears."
Thanks for all the detailed recaps from the play.

I love Gwen in W vs A and those scenes of Lexi and Tom are some of my favs for the reasons stated. Also, the scene where Lexi says "I'm leaking water"

Reading all these comments of Gwen in the emotional scenes from the play makes me want to see this soooo badly. gah.... Doubtful that the organizers would upload the play online... sigh...

Alias_sd6
Ser Cleos
Ser Cleos

Sep 9th, '14, 00:51 #184

larth wrote:I love Gwen in W vs A and those scenes of Lexi and Tom are some of my favs for the reasons stated. Also, the scene where Lexi says "I'm leaking water"
I'm trying so hard to find an IP blocker so I can watch W vs A in Canada lol.

larth
Almost a Beauty
Almost a Beauty
larth
Almost a Beauty
Almost a Beauty

Sep 9th, '14, 00:59 #185

^^W vs A is now available on hulu:
W vs A on hulu

Can you access hulu without a blocker?

Alias_sd6
Ser Cleos
Ser Cleos

Sep 9th, '14, 01:00 #186

No, it's only available in the US.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Sep 9th, '14, 01:09 #187

meteor69 wrote:Thank you! I forgot to add if you remember any memorable lines from Nik/Harry? Funny, sweet or sad ones.
We can talk about the play for ages.
GoT? What GoT? :laugh:
So his play ended on a sad note? Maybe that was the reason he was rushing to go away from the theater vicinity. Actors can get into their characters. I guess he was still channeling Harry and wanted to have some air to shake it off?
I am so scared this play will never be filmed and seen by people and I will forget it and I will cry. I love talking about it because it helps me remember and not forget the details, so seriously, if people have questions keep asking. I am still on an adrenaline high and can talk about it forever.

I remember some quotes and actually, the more I talk about it with you guys, the more I remember. I'm going to write down all the exact wording that I remember.

- It started off with Sarah reading something she had written for a dying man (is this right? I was confused over if it was a eulogy or something to ease someone into death because honestly for the first couple of minutes I was just staring at them in awe and not comprehending much. I kept wanting to rewind the play). Harry made fun of it, saying something about how it felt morbid he imagined it was being read to him, and she said something like "well this husband is dying!" I forget what really happened there because it was within the first minute and I was on another planet because helloooo Jaime and Brienne coming out, but it was funny and people laughed.

- Sarah starts complaining about his farts, and I think joyous may be able to go into more details about it, but it was hilarious. She was scrunching up her nose in disgust and saying how it smelt like eggs, and he was saying it smelt cabbagey and she said "yes, but more eggy" and he kept denying it because apparently he believes his shit don't stank. They also began arguing about something regarding their daughter and I wish I could remember the exact quotes to that.

- There was also a glorious moment when he was wearing a bike helmet and Gwen snapped at him shouting, "and take off that damn helmet!" and even though they were in the hospital, it was Harry's 40th birthday party that got interrupted (there was even balloons that had "40" on stage) so he said with a smirk, "it's my party and I can wear a helmet if I want to." and then he defiantly tightened the straps to the helmet and the look she gave him could kill. He was acting like a child and she was extremely irritated (COULD IT GET ANY MORE J/B NO I DON'T THINK SO)

- The bickering started to turn into her being really worried and concerned. She said with a lot of concern on her face, "are you really alright?" and he said comfortingly, "yes, baby. I'm fine." (I remember Fleet vocalizing an "eep" at this point LOL)

- Gwen shouted "fuck" at him at one point and I got so turned on.

- During the Sarah meltdown, Gwen said "and when she (the ex) was at the party you seemed so happy." And Nik's character tried to tell her that she should not feel insecure. Damnit, I wish I remembered this whole exchange...

- Gwen was crying, "I'm so sorry please forgive me." when Nik's character was supposed to be kissing away her tears. One of the lines was "shh. shhh. It's ok baby."

there were some more "baby" "babe" and "darling" moments thrown in there and I was too much of a mess to remember all of the lines.

Damn, I am praying that someone turns this into a movie and then they make Gwen and Nik keep those roles.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Sep 9th, '14, 01:10 #188

Alias_sd6 wrote:No, it's only available in the US.
You can buy the first season on itunes. You might be able to get the second season as well, but I'm not sure. The second season is the best... just watch "The Thirteenth Floor" and "All Out War" and you're good.

YellowDelaney
Half a God
Half a God

Sep 9th, '14, 01:30 #189

ginmo wrote:- The bickering started to turn into her being really worried and concerned. She said with a lot of concern on her face, "are you really alright?" and he said comfortingly, "yes, baby. I'm fine." (I remember Fleet vocalizing an "eep" at this point LOL)
... I still cannot believe the play is a thing that happened. Thanks so much to everyone who shared reviews/pics/info!

fleetingmusings
Ser Cleos
Ser Cleos

Sep 9th, '14, 01:56 #190

YellowDelaney wrote:
ginmo wrote:- The bickering started to turn into her being really worried and concerned. She said with a lot of concern on her face, "are you really alright?" and he said comfortingly, "yes, baby. I'm fine." (I remember Fleet vocalizing an "eep" at this point LOL)
... I still cannot believe the play is a thing that happened. Thanks so much to everyone who shared reviews/pics/info!
We're living the dream, YD. What a time to be alive.

larth
Almost a Beauty
Almost a Beauty
larth
Almost a Beauty
Almost a Beauty

Sep 9th, '14, 02:07 #191

ginmo wrote:
You can buy the first season on itunes. You might be able to get the second season as well, but I'm not sure. The second season is the best... just watch "The Thirteenth Floor" and "All Out War" and you're good.
And "friend or foe" eps from season 1, that's the beginning of Tom and Lexi as it were.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Sep 9th, '14, 02:07 #192

GuileAndSubterfuge wrote:
QuizzicalQuinnia wrote:So who's going to write the Jaime-is-temporarily-blind fic?
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau?
Now that it's over I really want him to upload the script on AO3 under the Jaime/Brienne tag.

Quinn
Evenstar
Evenstar

Sep 9th, '14, 02:12 #193

ginmo wrote:
Friend or Foe from season 1 is really good too! First time you see Gwen out of her alien costume, and she deep throats a chocolate bar. I'm not making that up.

EDIT: Oops Larth! I posted at the same time as you :-)
I write J/B fic: Ao3 / I re-blog other people's fandom pics: Tumblr

asharastarfall
Arms of the Woman He Loves
asharastarfall

Sep 9th, '14, 02:36 #194

ginmo wrote:- Gwen was crying, "I'm so sorry please forgive me." when Nik's character was supposed to be kissing away her tears. One of the lines was "shh. shhh. It's ok baby."
oh god, my feels

Deleted User
Deleted User

Sep 9th, '14, 02:54 #195

QuizzicalQuinnia wrote:
ginmo wrote:
First time you see Gwen out of her alien costume, and she deep throats a chocolate bar. I'm not making that up.
I feel so ashamed that I see that as sexual every single time I watch it so thank you for making me not feel crazy.

Quinn
Evenstar
Evenstar

Sep 9th, '14, 03:09 #196

ginmo wrote:
QuizzicalQuinnia wrote:
ginmo wrote:
First time you see Gwen out of her alien costume, and she deep throats a chocolate bar. I'm not making that up.
I feel so ashamed that I see that as sexual every single time I watch it so thank you for making me not feel crazy.

How does anyone NOT see it as sexual?!

josiepug
Almost a Beauty
Almost a Beauty

Sep 9th, '14, 03:26 #197

Russell T Davies wrote that show. There is no way it could not be sexual. He had to try so hard to keep Doctor Who vaguely PG and there were still several threesome jokes.
I'm sort of like an adult, but like an adult cat. I can pretty much fend for myself, but someone should probably feed me.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Sep 9th, '14, 04:07 #198

I wonder if the script read "Lucy deep throats a chocolate while Tom doesn't know whether he's turned on or horrified"

Quinn
Evenstar
Evenstar

Sep 9th, '14, 04:17 #199

ginmo wrote:I wonder if the script read "Lucy deep throats a chocolate while Tom doesn't know whether he's turned on or horrified"
^ This.

And man, I miss RTDs version of Who! W vs A is my replacement.

Back on topic, ginmo, did they have a big pause between each play? I'm trying to imagine the transitions, but I'm just picturing awkward stage hands fluttering about.

Alias_sd6
Ser Cleos
Ser Cleos

Sep 9th, '14, 04:24 #200

QuizzicalQuinnia wrote:
ginmo wrote:
QuizzicalQuinnia wrote:
ginmo wrote:

How does anyone NOT see it as sexual?!
Haha omg!!! Im gonna search for season one tmr!! Someone in Canada must have it!