Aerest
Arms of the Woman He Loves
Aerest

Mar 22nd, '18, 20:20 #101

Yess!! Go as MAN IN NEED OF A CASTLE instead, wave a "Jaime Brienne" flag and tell "He'd fook her, that's for sure! - And she'd fook him, don't you think?" to everyone who crosses your path

LadyCarmenSandiego
Goldenhand
Goldenhand

Mar 22nd, '18, 20:25 #102

LOL, that would be hilarious, Blu and Aerest. ^^ I'll tell some of my colleagues, they might want to try MAN IN NEED OF A CASTLE's cosplay.

And as for liking Cersei... well, I can't say I really like her. It's a NIK GLEEFULLY WEARING HIS TINY HAT character, but it's too evil and selfish for my tastes. I chose her because I like Game of Thrones, the party is books related and I found Cersei's costume easier to imitate than Brienne's. But I refuse to get lazy, so at least I'll try Brienne in gambeson and cloak. That should be a little less tough to make than the full armour cosplay, right?
"Love is the bane of honor, the death of duty", Maester Aemon.

Sophie
Engagement Sword Forger
Engagement Sword Forger
Sophie
Engagement Sword Forger
Engagement Sword Forger

Mar 22nd, '18, 20:48 #103

I'd go as Cersei.... just so I could have my big glass of wine in my hand!!
And I'd have my crazy big sleeves to hide the bottle in..... And bad boy Euron....

I have to say... you get cersei, sansa, danearys and even sand snakes patterns.... but no Brienne. I mean... do ladies who sew not want to sew a nice Brienne costume????
ZZzzzz................................

DanyelN
Mutton Cutter
Mutton Cutter

Mar 23rd, '18, 04:52 #104

I am thinking Purple Wedding Brienne might not be too hard to repliacte. some leggings and a blue tunic with a high neck. You would have to add the tarth sigil and some high boots. You could actually go out and buy something similar to most of it I think .

Bad Direwolf Mutt
Mutton Cutter
Mutton Cutter

Mar 23rd, '18, 07:02 #105

Oh, I agree with Daynel. Go as Brienne in a blue dress.

And I would SO go as Cersei. Just because I love her red dresses. If someone goes as Jaime or Brienne, you can stare evilly at him and sip your wine meehehhehehhe. And if someone goes as both, you can take a pic where you obviously love your wine while JB cuddle. :3
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ o(≧▽≦)o I CANNOT EVEN---! because I'm odd.~ σ(≧ε≦σ) ♡ (ಠ o ಠ)¤=[]:::::>

A Girl Has Many Usernames: Tumblr | ArchiveOfOurOwn | DeviantArt | Fanfiction

Sophie
Engagement Sword Forger
Engagement Sword Forger
Sophie
Engagement Sword Forger
Engagement Sword Forger

Mar 23rd, '18, 18:33 #106

I'm using this as the base for my pattern for the blue culottes for my summer geekfestery....

TheNerdyBlogger
Red Leatherer
Red Leatherer

Apr 4th, '18, 22:48 #107

Well, ladies, I did a thing. It was a perfect accident, but I nailed Brienne hair today. Sprayed that sucker in place and took a selfie.

Will attach the image in post when I get to a computer.

And here's the pic:

X

hardlyfatal
Ser Cleos
Ser Cleos

Apr 5th, '18, 00:52 #108

TheNerdyBlogger wrote:Well, ladies, I did a thing. It was a perfect accident, but I nailed Brienne hair today. Sprayed that sucker in place and took a selfie.

X
HOW ARE YOU SO CUTE

TheNerdyBlogger
Red Leatherer
Red Leatherer

Apr 5th, '18, 01:59 #109

hardlyfatal wrote:
TheNerdyBlogger wrote:Well, ladies, I did a thing. It was a perfect accident, but I nailed Brienne hair today. Sprayed that sucker in place and took a selfie.

X
HOW ARE YOU SO CUTE
You're sweet, LOL. Thanks. And I don't know? I don't feel cute very often. Usually just awkward, LOL.

BluHamster
Kingsguard
Kingsguard

May 1st, '18, 19:02 #110

I am planning to make a scabbard for Oathkeeper out of foam and it seems like it looks best to put fabric on it. I have dug through my local fabric stores and quickly searched online and I can't find anything close. I thought a traditional Victorian pattern with red and yellow should be easy to find but I just can't find anything that has both the right colour and pattern. And I'm not being picky, I just can't find anything close.

So I figured I'd ask here before I delve into the depths of online stores and see if anyone has found some fabric online. I live in Western Canada so really as long as the website is in English that's good.

Sophie
Engagement Sword Forger
Engagement Sword Forger
Sophie
Engagement Sword Forger
Engagement Sword Forger

May 2nd, '18, 18:55 #111

Ooo... ooo... me, me, me.... its proper gold and a proper rich Lannister red (better than even the repro one by Valyrian steel). Proper metallic gold!!

I got my lion buttons and fabric from ebay (sorry for the rubbish pic)

lion buttons are...
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12-Pcs-Novel ... -JhAXgW_DQ

and fabric is...."Gorgeous Dull Gold Paisley Wine Burgundy Chinese Silk Brocade Fabric Free Button"

but closest i found still for sale is....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gold-Floral- ... SwA29Y3QMX or search on "indian banarsi gold brocade red" to get some gorgeous ones
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ornamental-p ... SwezVW1aNX

BluHamster
Kingsguard
Kingsguard

May 2nd, '18, 20:22 #112

Thank you, Sophie. I would like to find somewhere more local so the shipping isn't so bad, but that gives me some more key words and manufacturer names to search for. Those look perfect. A bit pricey especially with shipping, but perfect.

Sophie
Engagement Sword Forger
Engagement Sword Forger
Sophie
Engagement Sword Forger
Engagement Sword Forger

May 2nd, '18, 21:42 #113

Mine is bit more blingey than above!
Let me know what you decide on!!!

Nuuk
Kingsguard
Kingsguard
Nuuk
Kingsguard
Kingsguard

May 3rd, '18, 09:25 #114

Wow, I've just seen all your costumes and swords here. You guys look NIK GLEEFULLY WEARING HIS TINY HAT. Great work!

NamelessPasserby
Mario Lopez
Mario Lopez

Jun 10th, '18, 14:55 #115

This meme will never get old not even in a thousand years.

Bad Direwolf Mutt
Mutton Cutter
Mutton Cutter

Jun 10th, '18, 15:13 #116

NamelessPasserby wrote:This meme will never get old not even in a thousand years.

Bless these cosplayers!

*puts this on my long list of things to put on my grave*

Edit: How do we pay Gwen, Nik, and Lena to do a shoot like this before Season 8? XD
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ o(≧▽≦)o I CANNOT EVEN---! because I'm odd.~ σ(≧ε≦σ) ♡ (ಠ o ಠ)¤=[]:::::>

A Girl Has Many Usernames: Tumblr | ArchiveOfOurOwn | DeviantArt | Fanfiction

Mikki
Evenstar
Evenstar

Jun 10th, '18, 16:25 #117

Except that it's Jaime and Brienne walking away, Gwen, Nik and Lena as the guy staring after, and JC stans as the annoyed girlfiend.
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating. - Ashleigh Brilliant

koops
Evenstar
Evenstar

Jun 10th, '18, 16:54 #118

NamelessPasserby wrote:This meme will never get old not even in a thousand years.

Bad Direwolf Mutt wrote:
Edit: How do we pay Gwen, Nik, and Lena to do a shoot like this before Season 8? XD
Mikki wrote:Except that it's Jaime and Brienne walking away, Gwen, Nik and Lena as the guy staring after, and JC stans as the annoyed girlfiend.
YES TO ALL!!!!

Allison
Almost a Knight
Almost a Knight
Allison
Almost a Knight
Almost a Knight

Jun 11th, '18, 02:15 #119

This is absolutely golden.

Nuuk
Kingsguard
Kingsguard
Nuuk
Kingsguard
Kingsguard

Jun 11th, '18, 09:12 #120

OMG

NamelessPasserby
Mario Lopez
Mario Lopez

Jun 24th, '18, 00:58 #121

Dreamy Brienne

Sophie
Engagement Sword Forger
Engagement Sword Forger
Sophie
Engagement Sword Forger
Engagement Sword Forger

Aug 10th, '18, 07:41 #122

Allison wrote:
NamelessPasserby wrote:This meme will never get old   not even in a thousand years.  

This is absolutely golden.
LOL! But we've already seen this with Cersei!!!? I can't stop thinking about that season 7 script!!

I'm off to my Geekfest today with my Brienne of Tarth costume completed. I'll try and get some pictures for you lot to have a good laugh! I've gone for the blue dress and jacket from season 4 as no swords are allowed at the Geekfest! I'm looking forward to joining in because I've always been so impressed by the amount of effort that goes into getting dressed up at this thing! So fingers crossed I'll get some good pics!

Sophie
Engagement Sword Forger
Engagement Sword Forger
Sophie
Engagement Sword Forger
Engagement Sword Forger

Aug 11th, '18, 18:05 #123

I realise that I need Nerdy's cool hair and look!

My costume looks like... (I made this!! I did... the jacket is made from upholstery fabric!).... before I went out... But I did have to spend an hour sitting through people talking about the progression of Sansa's dresses.... no mention of Brienne. Oh my days!
my costume 2018.jpg

julieoftarth
Half a God
Half a God

Aug 11th, '18, 18:21 #124

I love it! 

Mikki
Evenstar
Evenstar

Aug 11th, '18, 21:34 #125

You look NIK GLEEFULLY WEARING HIS TINY HAT!
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating. - Ashleigh Brilliant