Half a God
Half a God

11:17 PM - Aug 08, 2018 #801

Welcome here! Omg i LOVED your fic!

sea_spirit
Shipper
Shipper

1:27 AM - Aug 09, 2018 #802

Thank you all for the warm welcome. And the love for my fic, too, which is so kind of you! I guess I picked an interesting day to join, but the upside is that I might not be the only one with no idea how to use this yet!

Quinn
Evenstar
Evenstar

2:44 AM - Aug 09, 2018 #803

Hi and welcome, SeaSpirit! 
I write J/B fic: Ao3 / I re-blog other people's fandom pics: Tumblr

Renee561
Almost a Beauty
Almost a Beauty

4:36 AM - Aug 09, 2018 #804

Welcome, welcome. Here have a tinyhat!

Adding my two nuts in 🥜🥜

Tatatina
Almost a Beauty
Almost a Beauty
Tatatina
Almost a Beauty
Almost a Beauty

7:52 AM - Aug 09, 2018 #805

sea_spirit wrote: Hi everyone! I recently posted my first attempt at a J/B fic over on AO3 and got a lovely invite from DanyelN to check this place out. I am SO glad I did! How did I not know about this sooner?! Seriously, my shipper's heart has found a home. It's an absolute delight to be here, and I look forward to soaking up all the J/B goodness. :)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Welcome, welcome!! I just saw that you uploaded the last chapter of your fanfic "In Her Eyes." I definitely know the first thing I'm doing tonight! haha And you have now joined some of your fellow JB shippers on this wonderful forum. Yay you, yay us!!! :))

katykrash
Shipper
Shipper

2:31 PM - Aug 11, 2018 #806

Greetings! Katykrash is the name I use online to make up for the fact that I never got very far with roller derby 15+ years ago. I'm a recluse and a wino who has been lurking around all things J/B for about a year, and has finally decided to put a digital toe in the light because you all seem like lovely, safe people. 

I'm almost 50, have one kiddo I birthed at an "advanced maternal age," and my familiar is a scrappy ancient terrier named Mose Allison.

I grew up in my mom's used bookstore on the south side of Chicago and my dad was an English teacher. My mom's store was not a fancy one, though; it was a community of hard-working folks who loved romance, westerns, sci-fi, fantasy, and men's adventure; comic book lovers and collectors; and D&D players (mom had a whole section of the store dedicated for gaming).

I read for a living and my official title is editor. I basically translate academic historians and archaeologists so that their work makes sense to the rest of us. Outside of work, I read historical mystery, historical romance, and some fantasy. My other OTPs are Beatrice/Benedick, Anne/Gilbert, Lord Peter/Harriet,  Eddie Birdlace/Rose Fenny, Hermione/Ron, Johnny Case/Linda Seton, etc. Now that I am a committed crone I figure there is no point in exploring that, uh, theme? in therapy.

Thanks to the group for existing and for having me, and especially thanks for all the delightful fanfic some of you write that brought me here. I'd be happy to serve as a beta/editor and will try to remember to post as such in the appropriate thread.
Last edited by katykrash on 2:45 PM - Aug 11, 2018, edited 1 time in total.
He that is less than a man, I am not for him. -- Beatrice, Much Ado...

justme
Mario Lopez
Mario Lopez

2:39 PM - Aug 11, 2018 #807

Hi katykrash and welcome!
If you have any questions (we've been moving house this week, and still getting used to the new shindig..) just holler :)
MAESTER OF SCAVENGING
Winner of JB Week 2017 Scavenger Hunt
Favorite of the Glittery Unicorn

Mikki
Evenstar
Evenstar

2:49 PM - Aug 11, 2018 #808

Hello and welcome!!
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating. - Ashleigh Brilliant

julieoftarth
Kingslayer
Kingslayer

2:56 PM - Aug 11, 2018 #809

Welcome katykrash!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

katykrash
Shipper
Shipper

3:06 PM - Aug 11, 2018 #810

Thanks again! 

Laura1013
Almost a Beauty
Almost a Beauty
Laura1013
Almost a Beauty
Almost a Beauty

4:35 PM - Aug 11, 2018 #811

katykrash wrote:Greetings! Katykrash is the name I use online to make up for the fact that I never got very far with roller derby 15+ years ago. I'm a recluse and a wino who has been lurking around all things J/B for about a year, and has finally decided to put a digital toe in the light because you all seem like lovely, safe people. 

I'm almost 50, have one kiddo I birthed at an "advanced maternal age," and my familiar is a scrappy ancient terrier named Mose Allison.

I grew up in my mom's used bookstore on the south side of Chicago and my dad was an English teacher. My mom's store was not a fancy one, though; it was a community of hard-working folks who loved romance, westerns, sci-fi, fantasy, and men's adventure; comic book lovers and collectors; and D&D players (mom had a whole section of the store dedicated for gaming).

I read for a living and my official title is editor. I basically translate academic historians and archaeologists so that their work makes sense to the rest of us. Outside of work, I read historical mystery, historical romance, and some fantasy. My other OTPs are Beatrice/Benedick, Anne/Gilbert, Lord Peter/Harriet,  Eddie Birdlace/Rose Fenny, Hermione/Ron, Johnny Case/Linda Seton, etc. Now that I am a committed crone I figure there is no point in exploring that, uh, theme? in therapy.

Thanks to the group for existing and for having me, and especially thanks for all the delightful fanfic some of you write that brought me here. I'd be happy to serve as a beta/editor and will try to remember to post as such in the appropriate thread.

Hi!!!!

You have my dream job by the way, one of my degrees is in history and I would LOVE to be an historical editor!

Welcome to JBO! I think we are a fun crowd and so come and be silly and crazy and JB obsessed with the rest of us! Welcome again!!

sea_spirit
Shipper
Shipper

6:52 PM - Aug 11, 2018 #812

Hi katykrash! Welcome from a fellow new member! Also, I just had to take a moment to share your Eddie/Rose love. Dogfight is one of my favorite films. :)

katykrash
Shipper
Shipper

7:06 PM - Aug 11, 2018 #813

sea_spirit wrote: Hi katykrash! Welcome from a fellow new member! Also, I just had to take a moment to share your Eddie/Rose love. Dogfight is one of my favorite films. :)
Waving atchya, relieved to have newbie company. Thanks for your kind reply to my comment on your recent fic, too. Ohhhh, Dogfight. Sigh.

Quinn
Evenstar
Evenstar

2:31 AM - Aug 12, 2018 #814

Hi katykrash! The fact that Beatrice/Benedick is the first ship you mentioned makes me immediately want to befriend you. I named my laptop Beatrice because it gives me so much sass. 
I write J/B fic: Ao3 / I re-blog other people's fandom pics: Tumblr

katykrash
Shipper
Shipper

5:58 AM - Aug 12, 2018 #815

Quinn wrote: Hi katykrash! The fact that Beatrice/Benedick is the first ship you mentioned makes me immediately want to befriend you. I named my laptop Beatrice because it gives me so much sass. 
True story: My frosh year English teacher--herself a legit thespian, and we're still dear friends--assigned all us college-prep track kids the task of delivering a Will S. speech or soliloquy of choice before the class. I petitioned her to let me put together Beatrice's best bits and deliver those. She agreed, and I kicked ass.

Surprisingly...I did not date in high school.

BUT HA!  would do it again. It certainly cut the crap. Fools!
Last edited by katykrash on 6:21 AM - Aug 12, 2018, edited 1 time in total.

katykrash
Shipper
Shipper

6:12 AM - Aug 12, 2018 #816

Krashy at 14 in the 1980s:

Just, if he send me no husband; for the which 
blessing I am at him upon my knees every morning and 
evening. Lord, I could not endure a husband with a 
beard on his face: I had rather lie in the woollen.

What should I do with him? dress him in my apparel 
and make him my waiting-gentlewoman? He that hath a 
beard is more than a youth, and he that hath no 
beard is less than a man: and he that is more than 
a youth is not for me, and he that is less than a 
man, I am not for him: therefore, I will even take 
sixpence in earnest of the bear-ward, and lead his 
apes into hell.

<OMG I TAKE IT ALL BACK now 35 years later BECAUSE JAIME BEARD!>
<cough Tormund, bear, whatevs>
<But I digress, I actually delivered all this in full fury-glory to a roomfull of sweaty teenagers>

'Get you to heaven, Beatrice, get you to 
heaven; here's no place for you maids:' so deliver 
I up my apes, and away to Saint Peter for the 
heavens; he shows me where the bachelors sit, and 
there live we as merry as the day is long.

It is my cousin's duty to make curtsy 
and say 'Father, as it please you.' But yet for all
that, cousin, let him be a handsome fellow, or else 
make another curtsy and say 'Father, as it please 
me.'

Not till God make men of some other metal than
earth. Would it not grieve a woman to be 
overmastered with a pierce of valiant dust? to make 
an account of her life to a clod of wayward marl? 
No, uncle, I'll none: Adam's sons are my brethren; 
and, truly, I hold it a sin to match in my kindred.

I have a good eye, uncle; I can see a church by daylight.

FIN

<Katykrash fate sealed. Eternally yearning; boys dumb; bleh they will never catch up...except in my OTPS lolz>

Renee561
Almost a Beauty
Almost a Beauty

10:24 PM - Aug 18, 2018 #817

Welcome Katykrash :) these ladies on here are NEARLY AS GOOD AS THAT S8 JB SEX SCENE and you'll enjoy the jbness these ladies work hard to make the hiatus bearable.
Adding my two nuts in 🥜🥜

jennyv
Almost a Beauty
Almost a Beauty

2:49 AM - Aug 22, 2018 #818

This is a new experience for me, so I am doing things in the wrong order. I should have introduced myself long ago. I've lived in Portland, Oregon for 18 years and am originally from Las Vegas, Nevada (born and raised). I love the Pacific Northwest and am not far from the ocean and mountains, love to do yoga, bike and hike and live in a beautiful, quirky city. I have two kids, one an adult (she's in Vegas), the other almost 17, and work as a Legal Assistant at a regional government agency. I've mentioned in chat that I worked at Powell's Bookstore some years back. I've also done social work.

I discovered JB fanfiction and JBO almost a year ago and haven't looked back. I love that I have found people that love JB and are inspired by their story as I am. I've had friends to watch the show and discuss the books with, but not at this level, so thank you.

I also love sci fi, the original Star Wars trilogy, Doctor Who. I love to read and am currently reading Six of Crows. I like to draw, too (I loved Nuuk's golden hand drawing!).
Last edited by jennyv on 2:52 AM - Aug 22, 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Mikki
Evenstar
Evenstar

2:51 AM - Aug 22, 2018 #819

Welcome Jenny...so glad you found us.
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating. - Ashleigh Brilliant

Laura1013
Almost a Beauty
Almost a Beauty
Laura1013
Almost a Beauty
Almost a Beauty

2:52 AM - Aug 22, 2018 #820

jennyv wrote:This is a new experience for me, so I am doing things in the wrong order. I should have introduced myself long ago. I've lived in Portland, Oregon for 18 years and am originally from Las Vegas, Nevada (born and raised). I love the Pacific Northwest and am not far from the ocean and mountains, love to bike and hike and live in a beautiful, quirky city. I have two kids, one an adult (she's in Vegas), the other almost 17, and work as a Legal Assistant at a regional government agency. I've mentioned in chat that I worked at Powell's Bookstore some years back. I've also done social work.

I discovered JB fanfiction and JBO almost a year ago and haven't turned back. I love that I have found people that love them and are inspired by their story as I am. I've had friends to watch the show and discuss the books with, but not at this level, so thank you.

I also love sci fi, the original Star Wars trilogy, Doctor Who. I love to read and am currently reading Six of Crows. I like to draw, too (I loved Nuuk's golden hand drawing!).
Well Welcome!! I did things all backwards too, I blame my blonde hair, but it’s not that LOL

I’m so glad you love JB fanfic and found your way here. It’s an FILLED WITH THE BANG POWER OF THE JB SEX SCENE place with even better people!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

timetravelingwritr
Half a God
Half a God

2:57 AM - Aug 22, 2018 #821

Welcome! Well...officially i guess ;)

LibKat
Ser Cleos
Ser Cleos

1:16 AM - Aug 25, 2018 #822

Hi all,

I’m finally checking in here after joining a couple weeks ago.  I’m Kathy.  I use LibKat for my fanfic.  I picked up that nickname at my first job where I was the Kathy who worked in the library as opposed to the all the other Kathys who worked there.  (It was popular name for boomers.)

I’m late middle aged, though my brain still thinks I’m in my 30s my knees disagree.  Not married, no kids.  I’m a librarian living in Berkeley, CA.  I’ve noodled at writing for years without ever managing to complete anything commercial.  I wrote some Buffy fic back in the day.  I was hardcore Stargate SG1 for a while and still have some of that up on FF.net that I may copy to AO3 someday.  I’ve written some Arrow fic and have a big piece plotted that I’ll probably never finish.  I think I’ve found my metier with Jaime/Brienne.

I’ve always been a shipper since I first read Jane Eyre.  Elizabeth/Darcy and Beatrice/Benedick (waves at Katykrash) were also gateway drugs.  I still want to write some Daniel/Vala someday.  I hold to Oliver/Felicity even as much as the writers have messed up her character.  And then there’s Jaime/Brienne. 

I never thought I’d get over Jaime defenestrating Bran after reading the first book, but along came Nikolaj, with the eyes and the face and the shoulders .... Okay, I’m back.  Nikolaj and Gwen overcame my misgivings before they even reached the bath and J/B are now my OTP of OTPs.

Other stuff about me:  Classic rock forever.  Lois Bujold and Jim Butcher are my fave popular authors of the moment.  There is no food that cannot be improved by the application of either bacon or whipped cream.  Dog person despite my nickname.  I’ve been through most of the J/B fic on AO3 twice and I’m grateful for all the wonderful authors who inspired my to try my hand at writing the ship.

And that’s about the what for now.  Thanks for having me.
Last edited by LibKat on 1:38 AM - Aug 25, 2018, edited 1 time in total.
Love like nobody’s listening. Dance like you’re standing on the corpses of your enemies - Lucifer Morningstar.

Mikki
Evenstar
Evenstar

1:35 AM - Aug 25, 2018 #823

Hello and welcome, LibKat. 

For some reason, the tapatalk spam filter is calling you spam so your posts requires approval. It’s happening with a couple of members. We are working on it with tapatalk. 

So glad to have you here!

Laura1013
Almost a Beauty
Almost a Beauty
Laura1013
Almost a Beauty
Almost a Beauty

1:44 AM - Aug 25, 2018 #824

LibKat wrote:Hi all,

I’m finally checking in here after joining a couple weeks ago.  I’m Kathy.  I use LibKat for my fanfic.  I picked up that nickname at my first job where I was the Kathy who worked in the library as opposed to the all the other Kathys who worked there.  (It was popular name for boomers.)

I’m late middle aged, though my brain still thinks I’m in my 30s my knees disagree.  Not married, no kids.  I’m a librarian living in Berkeley, CA.  I’ve noodled at writing for years without ever managing to complete anything commercial.  I wrote some Buffy fic back in the day.  I was hardcore Stargate SG1 for a while and still have some of that up on FF.net that I may copy to AO3 someday.  I’ve written some Arrow fic and have a big piece plotted that I’ll probably never finish.  I think I’ve found my metier with Jaime/Brienne.

I’ve always been a shipper since I first read Jane Eyre.  Elizabeth/Darcy and Beatrice/Benedick (waves at Katykrash) were also gateway drugs.  I still want to write some Daniel/Vala someday.  I hold to Oliver/Felicity even as much as the writers have messed up her character.  And then there’s Jaime/Brienne. 

I never thought I’d get over Jaime defenestrating MELISANDRE'S BOYTOY after reading the first book, but along came Nikolaj, with the eyes and the face and the shoulders .... Okay, I’m back.  Nikolaj and Gwen overcame my misgivings before they even reached the bath and they are now my OTP of OTPs.

Other stuff about me:  Classic rock forever.  Lois Bujold and Jim Butcher are my fave popular authors of the moment.  There is no food that cannot be improved by the application of either bacon or whipped cream.  Dog person despite my nickname.  I’ve been through most of the J/B fic on AO3 twice and I’m grateful for all the wonderful authors who inspired my to try my hand at writing the ship.

And that’s about the what for now.  Thanks for having me.

Welcome LibKat!! I LOVE your stories and welcome to JBO!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

katykrash
Shipper
Shipper

2:07 AM - Aug 25, 2018 #825

Hi LibKat! I just read "The Man He Might Have Been" yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks for writing and sharing. ~ Krashy