Gwendoline Christie

Mikki
Evenstar
Evenstar

Jun 18th, '14, 19:44 #1

Testing out creating a new topic.
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating. - Ashleigh Brilliant

FairladyZ2005
Engagement Sword Forger
Engagement Sword Forger
FairladyZ2005
Engagement Sword Forger
Engagement Sword Forger

Jun 18th, '14, 20:04 #2

Testing, testing.
"Well, you know old stories are rather like old friends. Every once in a while you have to drop in on them, just to see how they're doing." GRRM, "Masques," Beauty and the Beast
Keep calm and J/B on!

Amaryllis
Couture Armorer
Couture Armorer
Amaryllis
Couture Armorer
Couture Armorer

Jun 18th, '14, 21:19 #3

The dress, the shoes, the hair. I love her style.
The worst readers are those who behave like plundering troops: they take away a few things they can use, dirty and confound the remainder, and revile the whole. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

MsLibby
Kingsguard
Kingsguard

Jun 18th, '14, 21:29 #4

has she lost weight? Looks it.

Amaryllis
Couture Armorer
Couture Armorer
Amaryllis
Couture Armorer
Couture Armorer

Jun 18th, '14, 21:32 #5

Probably. I remember her saying in one interview that she had to put on weight (as in muscle) for the role of Brienne and then lose it. I'm not sure why was that.
The worst readers are those who behave like plundering troops: they take away a few things they can use, dirty and confound the remainder, and revile the whole. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

MsLibby
Kingsguard
Kingsguard

Jun 18th, '14, 21:35 #6

That may be one of the prettiest pictures I"ve seen of her. She's gotta be 6'6 in thos eheels.

Currawong
Not the Valonqar
Not the Valonqar
Currawong
Not the Valonqar
Not the Valonqar

Jun 18th, '14, 21:40 #7

She looks wonderful, and it's such a fun dress. Not everyone could carry it off, but on her it looks great. And wearing those heels when she's already 6'3"... that's our girl
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no use being a dam fool about it.
W.C.Fields

Amaryllis
Couture Armorer
Couture Armorer
Amaryllis
Couture Armorer
Couture Armorer

Jun 18th, '14, 22:10 #8

It's designed by her bf. He knows how to show off her figure. I've seen people bitching he's not "hot enough" for her. They know nothing.

MsLibby
Kingsguard
Kingsguard

Jun 18th, '14, 22:26 #9

They are WORSE than Jon Snow I agree.

ANd he is a talented designer for sure. That black gown she wore to the SAG's (I believe) was perfect for her.

Zair
Almost a Beauty
Almost a Beauty

Jun 18th, '14, 22:58 #10

psst. I think this deserves to be it's own folder. :P
My brain hurts.

MsLibby
Kingsguard
Kingsguard

Jun 18th, '14, 23:05 #11

As soon as I get some Mod powers, I'll do that Zair

Currawong
Not the Valonqar
Not the Valonqar
Currawong
Not the Valonqar
Not the Valonqar

Jun 18th, '14, 23:07 #12

Agreed.

Suggestion, oh wonderful mods and board owner - can we get an "All Things Gwen" section to match the Nik one?

Maybe also a general Show one about other cast members and/or the production team? There are often some very interesting interviews with GRRM himself, Dan and Dave, and various directors or production people that shed light on the decisions thy make in adapting the books, producing episodes, and so on. Sometimes they even mention Jaime and Brienne!
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no use being a dam fool about it.
W.C.Fields

MsLibby
Kingsguard
Kingsguard

Jun 18th, '14, 23:50 #13

The dress made the news! Banner headline at yahoo.

https://ca.celebrity.yahoo.com/photos/2 ... 94221.html

Stella
Kingsguard
Kingsguard

Jun 19th, '14, 18:06 #14

She looks lovely!
Did her hair grow that fast or do you think she got extentions?
I dreamed of you.

Chicky
Kingsguard
Kingsguard

Jun 19th, '14, 18:19 #15

Stella wrote:She looks lovely!
Did her hair grow that fast or do you think she got extentions?
She's been steadily growing it out, so I don't think she got extensions.

Did anyone else notice it was freshly trimmed after being in the "grow-out" stage for a few months? I wonder if we're going to see some time passage on GoT and maybe see a longer haired Bri in Season 5...
cunt

Stella
Kingsguard
Kingsguard

Jun 19th, '14, 20:05 #16

yes brienne with longer hair would be great! I doubt that is going to happen though.

About gwens hair, I noticed shes been growing it out - I was just wondering because it seems so much longer than 2 months ago...
I dreamed of you.

Amaryllis
Couture Armorer
Couture Armorer
Amaryllis
Couture Armorer
Couture Armorer

Jun 19th, '14, 23:08 #17

Chicky wrote: I wonder if we're going to see some time passage on GoT and maybe see a longer haired Bri in Season 5...
They might shoot her later scenes first, then trim her hair and shoot the earlier ones. I don't think there will be "a few months" passing between 4x10 and 5x01, they can't pass up the opportunity of showing the immediate aftermath of Tywin's death.
Alternatively, some time might pass between 5x01 and 5x02 with Brienne appearing in the latter.

Chicky
Kingsguard
Kingsguard

Jun 19th, '14, 23:48 #18

Amaryllis wrote:
Chicky wrote: I wonder if we're going to see some time passage on GoT and maybe see a longer haired Bri in Season 5...
They might shoot her later scenes first, then trim her hair and shoot the earlier ones. I don't think there will be "a few months" passing between 4x10 and 5x01, they can't pass up the opportunity of showing the immediate aftermath of Tywin's death.
Alternatively, some time might pass between 5x01 and 5x02 with Brienne appearing in the latter.
I get the impression the timelines don't necessarily match between storylines, just like the books. You'll note that there was still no mention of Lysa Arryn's death in KL yet, despite it having happened three episodes before. They're probably going to have to have some length of time pass with Arya's storyline, for instance.

So, I think using hair length to denote time passage is probably on the table. And, of course, there's no guarantee of Brienne in 5x01.
cunt

Amaryllis
Couture Armorer
Couture Armorer
Amaryllis
Couture Armorer
Couture Armorer

Jun 20th, '14, 00:36 #19

I don't remember if they've ever used it (I"ve seen the whole show only once), but it's possible have some time pass in one episode and mark the time in conversation - like they could start with Jaime and Cersei finding out about Tywin and end the episode say with KING ZOMMEN/Margaery wedding, a month later, with various scenes inbetween to make the impression of passing time.

I think that Lysa's death might be purposefully concealed for the time being by LF where the KL is concerned. Even if they knew about it, why should Cersei and Tywin discuss Lysa's death when they have more pressing concerns. They consider LF their loyal servant, it was Lysa's loyalty they wanted to ensure (or at least Tywin did) - if she's DISCO, problem solved.

I expect both Brienne and Arya to appear in 5x02 for the first time.

Currawong
Not the Valonqar
Not the Valonqar
Currawong
Not the Valonqar
Not the Valonqar

Jun 20th, '14, 01:34 #20

They haven't started shooting for Season 5 yet, so there's no reason why Gwen can't allow her hair to grow out quite a bit between seasons, and then cut it again when they actually start shooting her scenes. Brienne's hair also seems to be more wavy/curly than Gwen's and is pushed straight back from her forehead to make her face look harsher. Straight vs waves/curls plus a bit of styling stuff can make quite a difference in apparent length, so Gwen may only need to trim her hair slightly for the next season.

Would love someone to ask her in an interview if she is now more comfortable with having short hair after more than three years! When she's talked about getting the role of Brienne, Gwen has often mentioned how she went back to her hotel and cried after they'd cut her very long hair for the part, because that was one of the things that helped her feel 'feminine'. I think she looks NIK GLEEFULLY WEARING HIS TINY HAT with short hair anyway - it really brings out her gorgeous eyes (how very Brienne!) and takes her from 'just another pretty actress with long blonde hair' into a truly striking and very individual woman.
W.C.Fields

fseventh
Ser Cleos
Ser Cleos

Jun 20th, '14, 02:32 #21

Gwen's hair is NIK GLEEFULLY WEARING HIS TINY HAT but might be get cut soon. It's too neat to be in the show? The trim, I mean. Lena Headey said the filming will begin in end of July or around July, so probably around that time her hair will be cut again.

Currawong
Not the Valonqar
Not the Valonqar
Currawong
Not the Valonqar
Not the Valonqar

Jun 20th, '14, 02:39 #22

This is a pic I haven't seen before - taken in Miami during her S4 publicity trip with Pedro.

And for those who think that Jaime needs to get a little jealous - one of her with Pedro!
W.C.Fields

MsLibby
Kingsguard
Kingsguard

Jun 20th, '14, 19:11 #23

http://www.thewire.com/entertainment/20 ... er/373093/

The Wire picks Gwen as someone worthy of Emmy consideration but who was left off the ballot.

Amaryllis
Couture Armorer
Couture Armorer
Amaryllis
Couture Armorer
Couture Armorer

Jun 20th, '14, 19:36 #24

Her time may yet come next year. The fight was damn impressive, but I don't remember the talk with Cersei having such an impact among viewers. Strange that they didn't mention the goodbye scene.

fseventh
Ser Cleos
Ser Cleos

Jun 21st, '14, 00:05 #25

The emmy submission from HBO itself was pretty laughable because how can they submit Natalie Dormer? I love her acting and I love her scenes but compared to what Gwen did this season, even casual viewers might agree that Gwen's acting and screen presence are more memorable. Also Rory McCann is definitely worth of supporting actor submission.