FairladyZ2005
Engagement Sword Forger
Engagement Sword Forger
FairladyZ2005
Engagement Sword Forger
Engagement Sword Forger

3:04 AM - Aug 07, 2018 #551

:hype: I'm feeling it!
"Well, you know old stories are rather like old friends. Every once in a while you have to drop in on them, just to see how they're doing." GRRM, "Masques," Beauty and the Beast
Keep calm and J/B on!

Currawong
Fookin' Sellsword
Fookin' Sellsword
Currawong
Fookin' Sellsword
Fookin' Sellsword

5:21 AM - Aug 07, 2018 #552

For me, Qyburn has always been out for himself. He may have made The Mountain into a monster for Cersei, but that was because she was the one in power, and also the one who was happy to indulge him and his interests. That doesnt mean he is totally loyal to her though - if he hasn’t yet said anything about J/B at Harrenhal, I suspect this is because he keeps a few things to himself “just in case”. He was obviously fascinated by the wight, when everyone else was frightened or at least horrified, so he may easily think there could be an opportunity elsewhere. Perhaps those Northerners could use someone of his arcane skills on their side and might look to be a better bet than staying with Cersei ....
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no use being a dam fool about it.
W.C.Fields

Sophie
Protector of the Beard
Protector of the Beard
Sophie
Protector of the Beard
Protector of the Beard

7:47 AM - Aug 07, 2018 #553

I went back and watched the video clips of the Dragonpit scene after having read the script, and if anything the script is MORE obvious than what we actually see on screen in my opinion.... the subtle interpretation is so clever.
Honestly I went back to see
"Jaime turns to see Cersei in the doorway, watching him stand there with Brienne
JAIME
And tell her what?
Jaime extricates himself. Brienne watches him as he returns to Cersei’s side, and they disappear from the Dragonpit."

I love that word...extricate.... we have all the awkwards going on, and you know how much I love those AWKWARD JB situations!
So next season must have all my favourite lines from the books that have yet to be used, yes? Cersei's reference to Brienne as the big, ugly cow and Jaime......
Well as B.ronn says in S6 "Well he'd fuck her that's for sure... and she'd fuck him don't you think.... the way she looks at him. The way all women look at him is frankly irritating..." I love that we keep getting reminded to look at the non verbal goings on. Even B.ronn is spelling it out to us.
Thank you Mikki for posting the script link here! I've had a thoroughly enjoyable time reading scenes and then watching them!!!

ZZzzzz................................

koops
Evenstar
Evenstar

8:19 AM - Aug 07, 2018 #554

Technically Cersei has already used the "big cow" line. Back in S4 when she confronts Jaime about whether or not he would kill Sansa for her. She says something like "I've been wondering for months, ever since that :hat: cow brought you back to the capital".

Fastforward a couple of scenes and Jaime is hightailing Brienne out of K.L. with her new armor, sword, squire and quest. :p

CTippy
Bath Steamer
Bath Steamer

1:17 PM - Aug 07, 2018 #555

koops wrote:Fastforward a couple of scenes and Jaime is hightailing Brienne out of K.L. with her new armor, sword, squire and quest. :p
Jaime: Oh shit, gotta get bae out of here! But first let me commission an armour for her to match the :brienne2: Valyrian steel sword I’m gonna give her.

BrendaofTarth
Goldenhand
Goldenhand

1:29 PM - Aug 07, 2018 #556

CTippy wrote:
koops wrote:Fastforward a couple of scenes and Jaime is hightailing Brienne out of K.L. with her new armor, sword, squire and quest. :p
Jaime: Oh shit, gotta get bae out of here! But first let me commission an armour for her to match the :brienne2: Valyrian steel sword I’m gonna give her.
Well, she lost her other armor, and Jaime would want his gal protected in armor. That coincidentally enhances her sapphire eyes. Of course.

Mikki
Evenstar
Evenstar

4:25 PM - Aug 07, 2018 #557

CTippy wrote:
He’s going to give her a sword all right, heh heh.
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating. - Ashleigh Brilliant

AlwaysBeYours
Half a God
Half a God

8:48 PM - Aug 07, 2018 #558

Erin wrote:It seems incredibly fitting that Jaime was nearly killed by a dragon, and then later saved by one. ;)

I will forever love Jaime, the sudden dragon enthusiast:

This is perfect, Erin!

I wondered why Jaime seemed so interested in the Dragon after meeting it on the battle field already. Obviously it's not something you see every day, but then after rewatching those looks between Jaime and Brienne and being caught by Cersei it made sense. I'm so happy that has been confirmed by the script now too :woot:
"It's a long way to King's Landing. Might as well get to know one another. Have you known many men? I suppose not. Women? Horses?"

Allison
Kingsguard
Kingsguard

9:27 PM - Aug 07, 2018 #559

AlwaysBeYours wrote:This is perfect, Erin!

I wondered why Jaime seemed so interested in the Dragon after meeting it on the battle field already. Obviously it's not something you see every day, but then after rewatching those looks between Jaime and Brienne and being caught by Cersei it made sense. I'm so happy that has been confirmed by the script now too :woot:
And the script even says "familiar cry" - his reaction is definitely one of relief. :roll:

Tatatina
Almost a Beauty
Almost a Beauty
Tatatina
Almost a Beauty
Almost a Beauty

2:25 AM - Aug 08, 2018 #560

Bahahaha that gif!!! Literally live footage of Jaime at that moment he was caught! That dork! :D

I just wanted to say that Nik, Gwen, & Lena really did do a superb job getting this all across with just their looks!! We all here on JBO read these scenes like this, but to have it actually confirmed now, makes it all that much sweeter!!
I can taste it y'all!! :hype:

NamelessPasserby
Mario Lopez
Mario Lopez

7:38 AM - Aug 10, 2018 #561

First Gwen's interview last month and now this.

Violet
Arms of the Woman He Loves
Violet

3:38 PM - Aug 10, 2018 #562

A)   I’m not a fan of the dude-bro commentary style.  B) The script should be disqualified alone for the ensure/insure error.  Insure is what the man in Bravos that CAN SHE WEAR JON’S FACE SINCE HE’S TECHNICALLY DEAD? sold the oysters to did. Everyone else ensures. 

Moving on. My top 10 thoughts on the story/character revelations and other stuff:

1)     Jon is an written as a dolt. Clueless and looking to others.  (And, sidenote, we finally have the definitive, final answer to the "dolt brother" dialogue.)

2)     Qyburn appears troubled at Cersei’s order to the Mountain about the order of killing? I kinda remember a glance exchanged between Jaime & Qyburn, but I see Qyburn as so capable of depravity that it didn't register to me that Qyburn could be troubled by anything.  I absolutely love the way Anton plays Qyburn. He puts my stomach in knots but yet keeps me captivated at the same time. 

3)     Interesting that they refer to the Lannister officers killed in battle as “murdered.”

4)     Jorah comments on the fact that dragons kill children; and that point completely flies by Tyrion, who is all “poor dragons, getting all sickly and small at the end, and weren’t they wondrous in the beginning.” I didn’t pick up on this being another piece in the puzzle that is Tyrion’s admiration of and fascination with dragons.

5)     Tyrion “(I’m) supporting the enemy, no less.”/Pod: “Hard to blame you.” Me: NO! No, it isn’t hard at all (copy & paste all prior rants about how Dany isn’t a good leader; is self-interested; is clueless; and her “breaking the wheel” is the equivalent to the Twilight Zone’s “How to Serve Men.”  

6)         Ha, love Bronn. I mean, I know I couldn’t love a real life Bronn. But I loved his whole, “I got this whole thing worked out” vibe.  I can’t help it, but I want him to make it until the end and get his castle and his (willing) wife.

7)      It’s interesting to me how much focus they put on Cersei thinking about her family – about her father especially, but her mother too. They mention her thinking about her father twice, in places where there's no dialogue about him.  I also love how the script adds even more to the Cersei/Tyrion dynamic. I love their scenes. 

8)     I still hate the cheap moment of Cersei complaining that they had been waiting. Cersei’s the hostess. She knows the importance of being the last to arrive. She has the house advantage, in that she can stay in her castle until the entire party arrive. Ergo, all logic dictates she doesn’t arrive until she’s informed Dany shows up. Just stupid. Lazy, lazy, lazy, lazy writing.

9)     Interesting that they have the Mountain react to the undead creature unleashed on to Cersei, but Jaime doesn’t.  I like to think of Jaime a little more quick to the draw (even just left-handed) than that. I like the idea of him and Brienne being the two best warriors out there (only Barristan in his prime was better). Jaime's flat-footed reaction to this disappointed me. 

10) Jon values Davos’s and Dany’s opinions more than Tyrion’s? I mean, I get Davos.  He’s now the sage, old man ("No one listens to me. All I've even done is grow to old age.") Always level-headed. But Dany in all her Veruca Salt-iness over Tyrion? Whatev. 

11) I’ve watched the Jaime/Brienne exchange so many times, that I can’t read the script without hearing in my head how the actors interpreted it. I wish there was more. I agree with whoever said yesterday (Koops?) that Season 7 appears to be a set up for Season 8.  The Jaime/Brienne moment is meant to just whet our appetites. But like an amuse bouche, I’m left ultimately unsatisfied and wanting more.  Bring it, Season 8, bring it!

12) Interesting that they switched out having Cersei drink the wine offered by Tyrion by not having her drink it.

13)  Cersei:  “You said she’d destroy King’s Landing.” Writers: “She makes a fair point.” Yes, yes she does. That’s one of the reasons why I like Cersei. I mean, I know I couldn’t love a real life Cersei. But, to my mind, she calls out Olenna, Margaery, and Dany for who they are.  And she’s not just hurling false accusations (as D&D say, she has a “fair point”).  She had Sansa’s number, too, and she didn’t falsely accuse Sansa of treachery or conniving to win the game of thrones.

14) There are two points in this single script that Tyrion has been shown a hard truth, and both times he deludes himself and completely ducks it. First, as noted above, dragons are destructive. They can’t be controlled, and they’ll kill humans indiscriminately.  Second, Dany is impulsive, violent, and indifferent to those she harms.  She will not be checked and reined in, ultimately. Stupid Tyrion for thinking she can be. 

15) Dang, for once I may buy into the Tyrion will betray Dany and Jon and re-align himself with the Lannisters theory.  Where they cut the Cersei/Tyrion scene and Tyrion’s later “troubled for many reasons” moment suggest … maybe? … there’s something more going on in his mind? Or am I just so bored by the idea of a straight wight fighting in Season 8 that I want there to be more double-triple crossing in order to be entertained?

16) Dany’s “When dragons grew small, we grew small as well. We weren’t extraordinary without them. We were just like everyone else” is a 
moment I totally missed.  Did that make the final cut?  I’ll have to re-check. Because there it is, in black and white: Dany ain’t nothing without her dragons.  Even she, if she’s truthful with herself, knows it. She’s no governor. She’s no savior. She’s no leader. She’s a woman with two weapons of mass destruction that can make men cower before her. That’s it. And Jon's, "no, no, no, you're special" is the milquetoast at best. Yeah, we already know just how knowledgeable Jon is (though at least he knows where to put it). 

17) The writers’ note:  “Jon scores a small smile.” Okay, I have to take back my criticism of all the fleakers.  The writers do put things in like “Jon smiles.” Oy.

18) Another reference to a marriage alliance for Dany. Don’t hate on me (I mean, go ahead and hate on the idea, I’m not enamored with it, but I call them like I see them), but I have a hunch that the marriage alliance that may wind up happening is Dany and Jaime (causing angst for Brienne & Jaime, but not an insurmountable obstacle).  Dany doesn’t need to marry Jon, as the North recognizes him as their leader and they seem now to get the threat that is the WW. But to get the Lannister forces on their side, and away from Cersei, they may need the alliance to tout to them. I dunno. I just can’t get that idea out of my head as a possibility. Of course, if that means Jaime, as AA, kills Dany, here's me watching that: "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Now go get your real Lady and have a seriously good fuck and a seriously good life with her and your Braime Bunch."

19)  Hahahaha, D&D compared Sophie to Streep (or at least Sansa to the French Lieutenant’s Woman). Okay, that’s funny. But “Dark Sansa” is an interesting reference. As opposed to austere. Stern. Mature. Stateslike. Nope. “Dark.” Is that just for the fake out effect when she turns on Littlefinger? We're supposed to imagine she may take Petyr's bait and preemptively kill CAN SHE WEAR JON’S FACE SINCE HE’S TECHNICALLY DEAD??

20)  Dang, two references in Season 7 to people being slow learners who eventually get it:  Sansa and Jaime. Yikes about what that might mean (they are the tortoises who win the race in the end -- and go off to their separate corners of the country -- is my kindest guess).

koops
Evenstar
Evenstar

4:03 PM - Aug 10, 2018 #563

There's no way that if Jaime ended up marrying D.any under any circumstances, Nik would be all ecstatic with the storyline and calling it "an incredible journey", all the while pointing out again that D.any is not as much of a hero as people think her to be. He hates her guts. I don't see what there is to be gained from a political POV either. D.any is the foreign Targaryen invader and Jaime is member the family the North is most hostile towards. I already expect not many Northerners will be happy with J.on bending the knee to D.any. They had a whole scene in S7 with Northerners going "you cannot trust a Targaryen"/"you cannot trust a Lannister". A marriage between Jaime and D.any would most definitely not pacify anyone at all, if anything it would be seen as a very suspicious, threatening alliance between two enemies of the North. I think all that marriage foreshadowing was foreshadowing for Joanerys. Of course until they find out that J.on is Rhaegar's son and that he's the rightful heir, I expect that marriage could be something that crosses their (or D.any's) mind. 

I also haven't read the whole script in detail, but does it actually say that Jaime doesn't react to the undead thing going for Cersei? Because I remember making jokes at the time about it, but if it's in the actual script... oh, boy! I don't think that's unintentional or to show Jaime's not a quick draw in times of threat. I think it might be a VERY subtle sign that someone's not jumping to Cersei's protection anymore. 

I like all those hints about dragons, power and Tyrion, though. Good catch. 

Violet
Violet

4:46 PM - Aug 10, 2018 #564

About Jaime's flat-footedness, it's just in there by omission.  There's a paragraph about the Mountain taking action, and there's no mention of Jaime.  Then, the next paragraph says "Jaime processes what he is seeing" or words to that effect. 

I put 2+2 together in that they had the Mountain having a quick reaction, and Jaime was all ..... nothing. 

Not what I'd expect from the guy who tore through 2 of Rickard Karstark's sons on his way to bringing down Robb. 

About the marriage aspect, I worry that it's too obvious the set up is Jon and Dany. But maybe the pull-the-rug-out-from-under-you moment is when the close relation in revealed.  I know they've made Jaime single and had Tywin get on him about marriage.  Maybe it is just a straightforward line that he'll then marry Brienne.  But I have to keep my eye on the possibility that there's a Dany/Jaime strategic alliance or a Sansa/Jaime one. As to a Sansa/Jaime one, I'd see as less likely because:  a) I'd only see it as a post-apocalypse healing type situation, and I think that it's more likely that the characters will be scattered at the end (50% or better chance that Jamie winds up in Tarth at the end of this); and b) I think a Stark/Lannister alliance in the end will more likely be a Tyrion/Sansa one.  The only two saving graces to a Dany/Jaime marriage is: 1) to witness the Joenerys heads explode; and 2) it has to end with Jaime killing Dany. Has to. 

NamelessPasserby
Mario Lopez
Mario Lopez

4:56 PM - Aug 10, 2018 #565

koops wrote:I also haven't read the whole script in detail, but does it actually say that Jaime doesn't react to the undead thing going for Cersei? Because I remember making jokes at the time about it, but if it's in the actual script... oh, boy! I don't think that's unintentional or to show Jaime's not a quick draw in times of threat. I think it might be a VERY subtle sign that someone's not jumping to Cersei's protection anymore.
Just took a quick look at the script and nope, no reaction from Jaime as the wight gets in Cersei's face. 😂

So in other words, Jaime was willing to jump in front of a bear to defend Brienne but didn't want to jump in front of a wight to protect Cersei. 😁

Mikki
Evenstar
Evenstar

4:59 PM - Aug 10, 2018 #566

Hahhahahahahah.
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating. - Ashleigh Brilliant

Erin
Evenstar
Evenstar

5:11 PM - Aug 10, 2018 #567

Yes, Nameless! That was exactly the post I thought of when this was brought up again. Jaime reacts to the wight the same way someone would react to a toddler who takes a tumble. 😆
Tumblr: bearsofair

koops
Evenstar
Evenstar

8:54 PM - Aug 10, 2018 #568

Hahahahaha this is the script that keeps on giving!!! Love it!

AlwaysBeYours
Half a God
Half a God

9:14 PM - Aug 10, 2018 #569

Hahahaha, brilliant!

Perhaps he's secretly thinking "damnit, White, why couldn't you have broken that chain and killed her? I would have acted devastated, I promise"
"It's a long way to King's Landing. Might as well get to know one another. Have you known many men? I suppose not. Women? Horses?"

Currawong
Fookin' Sellsword
Fookin' Sellsword
Currawong
Fookin' Sellsword
Fookin' Sellsword

12:14 AM - Aug 11, 2018 #570

LOL @ toddler image.  But seriously - Team North came to ask for assistance against the NK and WWS.  People tend to forget that Jaime has been a KG and around the Court for many years, and is far too experienced to believe that someone coming to ask for assistance would do so by killing Cersei, who was surrounded by Lannister guards.  He knew Team North was not on a suicide mission, and whatever they had brought in that crate would have been secured properly and was designed to frighten / impress, not to kill.  So Jaime had prepared himself to be shocked or impressed, but he was certainly not going to show any fear in front of Team North, which was why he didn't move.  If it had killed Cersei, Team North's leaders would have been dead from Lannister guards before the dragons could have come into play.  The Mountain and/or Jaime would have slit Dany's throat and probably taken out Jon too before Drogon could take a breath.  
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no use being a dam fool about it.
W.C.Fields