december13
Golden Bitchslapper
Golden Bitchslapper
december13
Golden Bitchslapper
Golden Bitchslapper

Aug 13th, '17, 16:57 #576

You know what, Mikki? I'm feeling giddy about that too! But... maybe I'm just evil. ;)
I was once a Bath Steamer!

december13 aka me! on AO3

Mikki
Evenstar
Evenstar

Aug 13th, '17, 17:06 #577

The first six months will be great. Then the next three frustrating, before in the final three, we just stop caring because we are too hyped for words.
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating. - Ashleigh Brilliant

WackyGoofball
Oathkeeper
Oathkeeper

Aug 13th, '17, 17:07 #578

Mikki, you should make graphs with your predictions about The Discourse going up and down and how the hype will rise and fall and exceed any worldly measure, LOL.
dundundundun-dundundundun-dundundundun-dundundundun-dedundundundun-dundundundun-DOOWEEOO-WEEOO-OO-DOO-DOO-DOO-DOO-DOO-DE-DOO
Tumblr Twitter AO3 FF.net

Aerest
Maiden Saver
Maiden Saver

Aug 13th, '17, 17:46 #579

12 months of waiting only, Mikki? You're quite the optimist, aren't you?
I'm mentally preparing myself for 15-19.

Tatatina
Almost a Beauty
Almost a Beauty
Tatatina
Almost a Beauty
Almost a Beauty

Aug 13th, '17, 18:14 #580

Just revisiting Tyrion's last scenes with Jaime and Bronn in season 4.
[+] Spoiler
to prepare for their very likely reunion tonight eeeekk!
And I just about lose it at these lines every time:

-Bronn to Tyrion (after Tyrion says he may just have to defeat the Mountain himself and jokes that they'll probably write a song about it): "I hope to hear them sing it one day." With all the sincerity he can muster.

-Jaime to Tyrion (after helping him escape): "Farewell, little brother." SO MUCH BROTHERLY LOVE THERE. Then right before he leaves Tyrion says, "Jaime, thank you. For my life."

I'm a mess, guys. :'( :'( :'(

BrendaofTarth
Goldenhand
Goldenhand

Aug 13th, '17, 18:23 #581

Tatatina wrote:Just revisiting Tyrion's last scenes with Jaime and Bronn in season 4.
[+] Spoiler
to prepare for their very likely reunion tonight eeeekk!
And I just about lose it at these lines every time:

-Bronn to Tyrion (after Tyrion says he may just have to defeat the Mountain himself and jokes that they'll probably write a song about it): "I hope to hear them sing it one day." With all the sincerity he can muster.

-Jaime to Tyrion (after helping him escape): "Farewell, little brother." SO MUCH BROTHERLY LOVE THERE. Then right before he leaves Tyrion says, "Jaime, thank you. For my life."

I'm a mess, guys. :'( :'( :'(
I know.... i must have rewatched that last Tyrion /Jaime scene a million times. I loved Jaime so much in that scene.

Family love has always been such a driving force in his life. So even though he's messed up with Cersei, you can't help forgive him a little, because he's just so wired up about loving and being loyal to Lannisters.

(And blondes who should be Lannisters!)

Violet
Arms of the Woman He Loves
Violet

Aug 13th, '17, 18:37 #582

I just re-played Tyrion's and Jaime's last scene as well. Such a great moment.

I really hope that this scene between Tyrion and Jaime is more about Tyrion making it up for the things he's done to Jaime than Jaime exonerating him for killing their father.

The last thing ever said between the two is Tyrion thanking Jaime for his life. Jaime committed treason in doing that. No matter how much of a favorite son he was or being needed by Cersei, he took a substantial risk. All because of the love he had for his little brother and the faith he had in Tyrion's innocence. And Tyrion goes and repays him by killing this father and bringing instability to Jaime's life and all of Westeros. Let's look at everything Tyrion has done, inadvertently or otherwise, to his brother:

Tyrion sent Myrcella to Dorne, more as a plot move in his game of thrones (if Pycelle hadn't been Cersei's mole, Myrcella never would have been sent there).

Tyrion killed Tywin, which caused a power void in KL. The resulting in-fighting between Cersei, the Faith Militant and the Tyrells resulted in KING ZOMMEN being used as a pawn by each faction, which ultimately led to his suicide.

Tyrion gave up their ancestral home. Just gave it up.

Tyrion helped bring Daenerys and her Dorthraki horde and dragons, which nearly resulted in Jaime's death.

Tyrion should be contrite. And this shouldn't be about Jaime explaining how he's come around to underlying why Tyrion killed Tywin.

Mikki
Evenstar
Evenstar

Aug 13th, '17, 19:37 #583

OoOOO...don't share that with the The Chronically Wrong. They'd mess themselves justifying everything that Tyrion has ever doe.
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating. - Ashleigh Brilliant

Currawong
Fookin' Sellsword
Fookin' Sellsword
Currawong
Fookin' Sellsword
Fookin' Sellsword

Aug 13th, '17, 22:51 #584

Last night I was watching a history program about the Romans in Scotland, including the various battles and military tactics. And there it was, a 'real' Scorpion made to Roman army scale. It was less than half the size of the show version, but its range was over 100 yards and they demonstrated how a bolt from that could pierce normal Roman-era armour plate. They used only the type of wood, rope and metal that would have been available then, so the demonstration was very interesting. Being much smaller than the show version, it was easy to manouvre and swivel round, so a few of those on the show fired and ICE QUEEN dAEnaRYS would quickly be minus her dragons.
ETA: It also meant more kudos for the showrunners and directors for attempting reasonable historical accuracy. We know D&D based much of BotB on the battle of Cannae, and certainly the formations of soldiers in Ep 4 were accurate. Though I did wonder how those Dothraki hordes would fare if faced with 'real' defences against cavalry, such as the lines of angled stakes and obstacles used to devastating effect against the French at Agincourt.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no use being a dam fool about it.
W.C.Fields

Mikki
Evenstar
Evenstar

Aug 14th, '17, 00:17 #585

Just something I notice. Drogon took a shot to the shoulder. Khal Drogo died from an infected shoulder wound.

I can only hope that spear was poisoned.

ballade
Cock Merchant
Cock Merchant
ballade
Cock Merchant
Cock Merchant

Aug 16th, '17, 01:15 #586

More beautiful art inspired by the episode:

By Jack Dowell

Also I wonder if dragons can get greyscale?

december13
Golden Bitchslapper
Golden Bitchslapper
december13
Golden Bitchslapper
Golden Bitchslapper

Aug 23rd, '17, 19:05 #587

Have we seen this? I feel like we have, but I can't figure out where. *scratches her head* Doesn't matter, it's still funny.
I was once a Bath Steamer!

december13 aka me! on AO3

Aerest
Maiden Saver
Maiden Saver

Aug 23rd, '17, 20:40 #588

We know it from the shoutbox :D Someone (Erin ?) posted it there some time ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVTtNOepijk

koops
Evenstar
Evenstar

Aug 27th, '17, 10:35 #589

My roommate and I started a rewatch of S5 and I noticed how Pod even back then is already hinting at Brienne being done with her vow, because Arya and Sansa don't want her help. He's literally the Jiminy Cricket of her vow-obsession, constantly reminding her there's other options out there.

BluHamster
Kingsguard
Kingsguard

Sep 18th, '17, 20:47 #590

There is some nice footage of Gwen and Maisie training in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHbkEESIl7g

Marion
Kingsguard
Kingsguard

Sep 20th, '17, 08:53 #591

See the battle built up layer by layer with CGI

I hereby demand that they create a new version of the scene without the offensive cowboy/Western homage so that I can feel the Jaime love without also hating myself. Just hide those mesas in the background layers.

Game of Thrones: The Aussie visual effects company behind THAT epic scene

Wannabe a Bath Steamer | Jaimebot 0.1

Violet
Violet

Jan 22nd, '18, 05:10 #592

I finally cracked open my Season 7 DVDs, and re-watched the battle scene. I hadn’t scene it in months.

It may still be my bias, but ICE QUEEN dAEnaRYS & Co. were straight out filmed as the villain. I know D&D talked up a game as though they thought the audience would be divided, but I can’t help but think they shot that with the long game in mind. And on re-watch, once we finally have the ending revealed, we’ll all see that (except for the hard core ICE QUEEN dAEnaRYS fans who won’t ever be able to see that).

I also finally put my finger on the movie moment that I was calling to mind when Peter Dinklage arrives on the hill and looks down. It reminded me of some movie scene, but I couldn’t put my finger on it before re-watching it tonight. It was Braveheart when Robert the Bruce (I think? Going by memory here) betrays Braveheart and goes to the other side and lines up on the hill with the villainous king. Tyrion stands there and watches the men pledged to his family get slaughtered just like Robert watched his fellow Scotsmen be slaughtered.

Mikki
Evenstar
Evenstar

Aug 21st, '18, 03:41 #593

I hadn't seen this before.

Allison
Almost a Knight
Almost a Knight
Allison
Almost a Knight
Almost a Knight

Aug 21st, '18, 21:15 #594

What is it, Mikki? The video was removed by the user.

Mikki
Evenstar
Evenstar

Aug 21st, '18, 21:24 #595

It was some of this footage with some extra of Nik...that user seems to have totally deleted.

Allison
Almost a Knight
Almost a Knight
Allison
Almost a Knight
Almost a Knight

Aug 22nd, '18, 05:12 #596

Aw, darn... well thanks for trying to share with us! ;P

sapphire-lions
Half a God
Half a God

Sep 16th, '18, 07:49 #597

But what was the footage of?

Mikki
Evenstar
Evenstar

Sep 16th, '18, 11:10 #598

As I said behind the scenes from The Spoils of War. I watched it twice posted and then it got deleted. It's not as if I could remember scene-by-scene.