Tiffin/Cunningham/Barclay/Hodges/Hollis

Tiffin/Cunningham/Barclay/Hodges/Hollis

JAS
JAS

November 8th, 2006, 7:33 pm #1

Would like to find someone who has pictures of any of the following families..Tiffin, Cunningham, Barclay, Hodges, Hollis..they lived in the Woodville area, Scottsboro area..
Thanks.

Mary Don Branum
Mary Don Branum

February 7th, 2007, 7:26 pm #2

I found a really good collection of pictures of the old families hanging in the Trading Post right where you turn into Cathedral Caverns in Kennamer Cove, close to Woodville. One was of my grandmother, Mary Elizabeth Hodges, and most of her siblings as kids in front of Mt. Olive School. Obviously most of the students at that time were Hodges. They really have a great collection if you live close enough to visit the Trading Post.
Do you know of a Mary Jane Cunningham who married Will Mack Pendergrass and lived in Limrock, AL? Their son,my grandfather, Bud Pendergrass, was born there in 1888.

carolyn tamblyn
carolyn tamblyn

August 19th, 2008, 5:47 pm #3

Would like to find someone who has pictures of any of the following families..Tiffin, Cunningham, Barclay, Hodges, Hollis..they lived in the Woodville area, Scottsboro area..
Thanks.
I have a picture of the David Barclay family taken in front of their Woodville farmhouse ca 1911.

Roy Galusha
Roy Galusha

December 28th, 2008, 5:25 am #4

I found a really good collection of pictures of the old families hanging in the Trading Post right where you turn into Cathedral Caverns in Kennamer Cove, close to Woodville. One was of my grandmother, Mary Elizabeth Hodges, and most of her siblings as kids in front of Mt. Olive School. Obviously most of the students at that time were Hodges. They really have a great collection if you live close enough to visit the Trading Post.
Do you know of a Mary Jane Cunningham who married Will Mack Pendergrass and lived in Limrock, AL? Their son,my grandfather, Bud Pendergrass, was born there in 1888.
My wife is the great great grand daughter of Jane Stegall through her first marriage to James Madison Hampton. Her great grandfather was Hurshel Hardy Hampton, who was born in Scottsboro, AL.

I am looking for any information on Jane Stegall mother of Exie Hodges (Hurshel's half sister). She was said to be born in Oct 1856 in Alabama. She married (1) James M. M. Hampton (son of Chapley Hampton of Jackson County, AL). When she married James Hampton, she listed her maiden name as Letitia Jane Stewart. She married (2) Charles Morgan Stegall in 1885 (she used the name Jane Hampton). Charles and Jane had four children; Arlie Tarrant Stegall, Nancy Stegall, Exie Stegall and Annie L. Stegall.

Exie married Alvi Hodges. Following the death of Charles Morgan Stegall, Jane Stegall lived with her daughter Exie and son in law Alvi Hodges (at least through the 1930 census). Jane Stegall was said to have died in 1943 and is buried in the Paint Rock Cemetery.

I have made two inquiries on death certificates for Jane (Stewart) (Hampton) Stegall with the State of Alabama, but the State of Alabama says they have no death record for Jane Stegall.

It is possible that someone in the Hodges family may have the Stegall family bible, or have some information on the death of Jane Stegall since Jane lived with the Hodges. My wife's grandmother talked about Jane possibly dieing in Texas, but I can't find anything there yet either. Alvi Hodges is suppossed to have died in Chattanooga, TN. Alvi and Exie are both buried in the Union Cemetery in Woodville, AL.

Also looking for verification that Jane had two Hampton sons James Madison Hampton Jr and Hurshel Hardy Hampton. My wife's grandmother talked about her father Hurshel having a brother James Madison Hampton, but nobody else seems to know about him.

Any help would b appreciated.

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 14th, 2009, 5:04 am #5

Re: Jane Stegall - Exie Hodges