Anthology

Where RPGs (Role Playing Games) may be posted.

Anthology

LiVenture17
LiVenture17

08 May 2011, 04:01 #1

How about this: instead of creating a role playing game where everyone makes up a brand new character, we use our favorite characters from our previous works? This will make it extremely interesting and also hone our characterization skills.

So -

Due to some crazy mixup, all our favorite characters from the books/short stories we've written have been thrown together in the midst of a crisis. They have to work together (which might be difficult) to solve this crisis, before everyone dies.

Question:

what is the crisis? Take a vote!

1. They have to stop an attack and a bomb from blowing up Times Square
2. They are stuck on a desert island and have to survive
3. Their plane crashes
4. They are being chased by a horde of mythical creatures
5. They enlist in the final battle between good and evil

I vote 5 personally :) Take a vote and name your character!

EDIT:

Character Profiles (incomplete):

Ara:

A female shape-shifter, she met the gang as a giant, bloodthirsty dragon during the battle of the mechanical spider. She has since been travelling with the gang from the short period afterwards. So far she has taken the appearance of a dragon, a human woman, a mouse, and a bat.

Latest Status: With the gang on the Srilak planet.

Dang’Skiin:

A door guard of the armoury aboard the mechanical spider. However, he finds the post boring and hopes to gain a combat position. He was knocked out by Vuny and the other freed prisoners. After that his boots were promptly taken by “Shoe-Bug”.

Latest Status: Unknown, presumably alive.

Daodan Lenard (often known as just Dao):

Five-foot-nine, with a slightly slender build. Sandy-blond hair, green eyes (that can change shades of green), and fairly light-skinned. He is currently fifteen.

He was first abandoned on the streets at age six. He kept himself alive by becoming a thief, and joining a street gang called the Seashells. When he was eleven, he was discovered by his aunt Kimjay Saruhiah, who partially took him in. after that his thieving was of a lower volume, and of a different style. He took small excesses from richer households and gave them to his gang, only rarely keeping anything. When he was twelve he encountered Arica Brown, and partially aided her during the last weeks before the Empire began. He finally was forced to betray her and take his aunt’s side against Ari. He became heir to the Empire.

Jason:

Background: Gunslinging has been in his family blood for five generations, leaving Jason big boots to fill. Hailing from the small desert town of Gilead, Jason's considered young for a gunslinger of his skill, though he himself doesn't know his exact age. He stopped counting a long time ago. Relying on his twin pistols and razor wit, Jason's taken down enemies much more powerful than himself. After the destruction of Gilead, he became a sort of wanderer, going through the endless deserts and steppes, "Lookin' fer trouble in all the right places."

Description: With a Southern twang his voice can be as sharp as his flying bullets. Many people underestimate him because of his shorter stature and young looks, but in the end it always leads to their downfall. Jason's philosophy on life is "shoot first, ask questions, then shoot again." Will he can have a hot temper, at the end of the day he always beats out the bad guys. Jason has no family, no friends. "Dun't need 'em before, nah reason to have 'em now." However, there is a dark side to his psyche, a secret he dares not tell a soul. For a few days every month he disappears, refusing to tell anyone why if they ask.

He once had dark hair, but it has since been bleached blonde by the desert sun. He can usually be seen with his pistols strapped to his hips gunslinger-style, with a water-skin looped above them.

Nolan Sanders:

Physical characteristics: He's thirteen or fourteen, has bright red hair, freckles, and glasses. He's scrawny and small for his age.

Personality: He is totally zany and has difficulty taking anything seriously. But in actuality he is quite sensitive and is afraid to take anything to heart. He is always wisecracking and can be quite annoying. But he's always ready to stick up for a friend.

History/Background: He's just your average young teenaged guy. He loves to talk about the hundreds of girlfriends he dumped or that dumped him, he imagines he's had a tragic lovelife and has "lost all faith in womankind". He also has a strange passion for rabbits and robots. Especially combined!

Latest Status: Unknown.

Seer:

Seer’s not just his name: it’s his job title. Through years of torturous training and experimentation, he is now able to see the future as a series of paths, with the most likely events being the widest paths. He is also able to read thoughts, communicate telepathically, and mentally scan the area he is in. However, while Seer technically served the Sril Empire, he really wants to strike it out on his own and take sanctuary in an uncharted magical world, namely Vuny’s homeland. The biggest reason for this desire is so that his powers are diminished, and therefore have spontaneity in his life. He wears robes, not battle armour like most other Srilak, and a helmet that appears to have two interlocked shifting gears at its sides.

Latest Status: Awaiting the gang in the Emperor's palace, on the Srilak planet.

“Shoe-Bug”:

A strange man-sized beetle that the gang met in the dungeons of Seer’s giant mechanical spider. Despite all of the many events that have since happened, they can’t seem to shake him away, so to speak. He garnered his nickname by his affinity to shoes, specifically chewing and eating them. As a giant bug, he has incredible strength and can fly, though he rarely uses either trait. He is also able to talk, though again he rarely uses the ability.

Theon:

Daodan’s father, Theon is a very powerful and a very dangerous character. He is able to teleport and take away people’s powers. Currently he is working with Seer.

Latest Status: Awaiting the gang in the Emperor's palace, on the Srilak planet.

Vuny:

Physical characteristics: He has limp mousy brown hair, is relatively short for his age [18], and is spindle thin. He also has a scar on his forehead that gives him the Second Sight. He dresses in plain, ragged clothes, carries a knife in his boot, and walks with a "don't-look-at-me" slouch.

Personality: He doesn't trust anyone, he is embittered towards the world, but he can be won over and is violently protective of those few people whom he trusts. He has a smart mouth and knows absolutley everything about everything supernatural and fantastical.

History/Background: Vuny's parents were killed by the Fae when he was about seven. He ran off and was taken in by a traveling apothecary, whom he ran away from at the age of ten. Since that time, he has spent his whole life on the streets, sometimes as part of a gang but more often a loner. He is accustomed to sleeping in alleys and stealing unguarded valuables and edibles to survive. He has recently taken up grave robbing. As he says, "It isn't the most noble profession in the world. But beggars can't be choosers. They're not even allowed to have opinions."

[marq=left]"Sometimes strength is being the last one left standing. And sometimes it's being the first to fall . . ." - Vuny[/marq]

CAT
CAT

08 May 2011, 04:08 #2

My character would have to be Jason, the gunslinger from my original story "Fullmoon". I personally like the fifth option myself, as well ;) Can we have more then one character? It'd be interesting to have one that's good (Jason) and then a second one that's evil.
Seer wrote:In a world of predictability, it is the insane that give one the last glimmers of entertainment.

LiVenture17
LiVenture17

08 May 2011, 04:09 #3

My character:

Vuny

Physical characteristics: He has limp mousy brown hair, is relatively short for his age [18], and is spindle thin. He also has a scar on his forehead that gives him the Second Sight. He dresses in plain, ragged clothes, carries a knife in his boot, and walks with a "don't-look-at-me" slouch.

Personality: He doesn't trust anyone, he is embittered towards the world, but he can be won over and is violently protective of those few people whom he trusts. He has a smart mouth and knows absolutley everything about everything supernatural and fantastical.

History/Background: Vuny's parents were killed by the Fae when he was about seven. He ran off and was taken in by a traveling apothecary, whom he ran away from at the age of ten. Since that time, he has spent his whole life on the streets, sometimes as part of a gang but more often a loner. He is accustomed to sleeping in alleys and stealing unguarded valuables and edibles to survive. He has recently taken up grave robbing. As he says, "It isn't the most noble profession in the world. But beggars can't be choosers. They're not even allowed to have opinions."
[marq=left]"Sometimes strength is being the last one left standing. And sometimes it's being the first to fall . . ." - Vuny[/marq]

LiVenture17
LiVenture17

08 May 2011, 04:14 #4

CAT @ May 7 2011, 11:08 PM wrote: My character would have to be Jason, the gunslinger from my original story "Fullmoon". I personally like the fifth option myself, as well ;) Can we have more then one character? It'd be interesting to have one that's good (Jason) and then a second one that's evil.

Fun! :D I think it will depend on how many people we get on this RPG how many characters we get to have. If all 11 members play then that times two would be 22 characters - which might be a little much. However, if we start playing and only 3 or 4 people have characters, then we can definitely have a bad guy alter ego! Have a villain on hand just in case ;P

CAT
CAT

08 May 2011, 04:27 #5

LiVenture17 @ May 8 2011, 04:14 AM wrote:
CAT @ May 7 2011, 11:08 PM wrote: My character would have to be Jason, the gunslinger from my original story "Fullmoon". I personally like the fifth option myself, as well ;) Can we have more then one character? It'd be interesting to have one that's good (Jason) and then a second one that's evil.

Fun! :D I think it will depend on how many people we get on this RPG how many characters we get to have. If all 11 members play then that times two would be 22 characters - which might be a little much. However, if we start playing and only 3 or 4 people have characters, then we can definitely have a bad guy alter ego! Have a villain on hand just in case ;P

OK, I think I have the perfect villain in mind... ;)

Anyway, bio on Jason:

Background: Gunslinging has been in his family blood for five generations, leaving Jason big boots to fill. Hailing from the small desert town of Gilead, Jason's considered young for a gunslinger of his skill, though he himself doesn't know his exact age. He stopped counting a long time ago. Relying on his twin pistols and razor wit, Jason's taken down enemies much more powerful than himself. After the destruction of Gilead, he became a sort of wanderer, going through the endless deserts and steppes, "Lookin' fer trouble in all the right places."

Description: With a Southern twang his voice can be as sharp as his flying bullets. Many people underestimate him because of his shorter stature and young looks, but in the end it always leads to their downfall. Jason's philosophy on life is "shoot first, ask questions, then shoot again." Will he can have a hot temper, at the end of the day he always beats out the bad guys. Jason has no family, no friends. "Dun't need 'em before, nah reason to have 'em now." However, there is a dark side to his psyche, a secret he dares not tell a soul. For a few days every month he disappears, refusing to tell anyone why if they ask.

He once had dark hair, but it has since been bleached blonde by the desert sun. He can usually be seen with his pistols strapped to his hips gunslinger-style, with a water-skin looped above them.
Seer wrote:In a world of predictability, it is the insane that give one the last glimmers of entertainment.

LiVenture17
LiVenture17

09 May 2011, 03:25 #6

Whoa :o Seriously awesome character!! I have a feeling he and Vuny are not going to like each other very much . . . :ph43r: hehe

CAT
CAT

09 May 2011, 03:36 #7

LiVenture17 @ May 9 2011, 03:25 AM wrote: Whoa  :o Seriously awesome character!! I have a feeling he and Vuny are not going to like each other very much . . .  :ph43r: hehe

Thanks! You never know, the worst of enemies can make the best of friends... ;)

EDIT: Hey, 100th post! And we've only been live barely a week :3

LiVenture17
LiVenture17

09 May 2011, 12:59 #8

*cheers* 100 posts! :D It is only fitting that the administrator of the site hit the first hundred. This is a good sign!

And yes, you are right about the enemies/friends thingy. If this RPG actually ever becomes something epic, it would be interesting to kind of follow these guys' relationship and see if they end up killing each other or saving each others necks lol

CAT
CAT

09 May 2011, 15:15 #9

LiVenture17 @ May 9 2011, 12:59 PM wrote: *cheers* 100 posts! :D It is only fitting that the administrator of the site hit the first hundred. This is a good sign!

And yes, you are right about the enemies/friends thingy. If this RPG actually ever becomes something epic, it would be interesting to kind of follow these guys' relationship and see if they end up killing each other or saving each others necks lol

Yes, now on to 200! :P

I hope this rpg really starts rolling, I have a couple cool ideas for locations/characters. Haha, I think that'll be one of the highlights to the RPG :P

LiVenture17
LiVenture17

10 May 2011, 17:46 #10

I hope so as well. If no one else comes in a few days, maybe we could start the game and other people can join in as characters discovered along the way? Cause I, too, am extremely interested in beginning this!