FAVORITE Locale ??

FAVORITE Locale ??

November 2nd, 2011, 6:06 am #1

FAVORITE Locale ??

O.K.

We've checked in with our favorite episodes, what about your FAVORITE I SPY LOCALE ???

SO many wonderful, wonderful places to choose from ....

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~ ~ All my best,

~ ~ ~ ~ Tatia

~ ~ ~ ~

November 2nd, 2011, 3:15 pm #2

One word - IMPOSSIBLE!

Oh wonderful Tatia, all those beautiful screencaps prove it is impossible to choose a favourite I Spy locale.
If I'm pressed for an answer, I might say Mexico.
Best examples being, of course, Bet Me A Dollar and Crusade To Limbo.
But comparing it to all the other beautiful scenes from Tatia, So Long Patrick Henry, The Loser, Affair In T'Sien Cha and No Exchange On Damaged Merchandise would be crazy.

Love the shots from Pinwheel. The man wears a nice shirt.

Last edited by folkgroupthegerms on November 2nd, 2011, 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 2nd, 2011, 4:41 pm #3

Favorite country, favorite town or favorite single location/feature?

Like I could choose

Though I have to say those Aztec pyramids are hard to beat... except maybe by Mykonos, or the Acropolis, or San Francisco in some shots, or that aerial tramway in Palm Springs... And there's no place like Hong Kong or Mexico for crowd scenes... except? Maybe? Hmmm...

November 3rd, 2011, 4:19 pm #4

Re: Favorite country, favorite town or favorite single location/feature?

It is hard to beat our Adonas (Kelly) in Greece in Laya...
Amazing ruins and beautiful scenery...

November 3rd, 2011, 11:17 pm #5

Be More Specific, Please!

I wasn't sure how to choose, but then I realized the only possible answer as to my favorite locale is: Kelly's navel in that first shot on the beach from "A Gift from Alexander"! (This grouping of photos is rather Kelly-centric; I do know that in some episodes, my favorite locale would be Scotty's back jeans pocket, preferably the right one ....)

Excellent question, Tatia!

November 4th, 2011, 8:01 am #6

RE: FAVORITE Locale ??

I do like your interpretation of the question, allthinky.

And yes, Folkie, I agree - this question is a "Mission: Impossible" ...

I couldn't decide from SO many wonderful location choices, either.
Since recently watching I SPY on Familynet most evenings, I find myself drawn to and focusing in on the beautiful location photography ... talk about being "transported away"!!!!

And I glaze over when seeing ALL those wonderful places one can travel to ... and, as Bulwer-Lytton has highlighted in her "I SPY Fan Manifesto," I do plan trips trying to see all these amazing places around the globe that Scotty and Kelly "adventured" in - as my (and others) THEN & NOW photos can attest to ... )

But if I had to narrow it down a bit, I am totally mesmerized when it comes to the WAR LORD's hidden, exotic temple ... (supposedly set in Burma, but actually filmed in Spain), but who am I to quibble about a little latitude and longitudinal changes? Whatever and wherever it was, that locale WAS magic to me and evoked every nuance and emotion it was designed to bring about.

I guess I am drawn to the Asian locations ... I adore the romantic waterfall and misty gardens of Toshugu shrine in TATIA, the bustle and exuberance of Hong Kong, the magnificent views from Victoria Peak and the floating restaurants and crowded marketplaces.

But then there are those amazing colors of the Greek episodes - the incredible blues of the Mediterranean waters and sky ... the ancient ruins of the Parthenon ... the sunbaked white-washed houses and walkways of Mykonos ... they certainly provide a place to take your breath away ...

And we can't overlook the sights and sound of Sevilla and the magnificent Pavilion buildings Kelly strolled along with Boris Karloff .... and then the Mexican episodes with the intricate gates and beautiful gardens at Chapultepec Castle in Mexico City, and the colorful boats in the Floating Gardens of Xochimilco in BET ME A DOLLAR, and the Pyramids of the Sun and Moon from CRUSADE TO LIMBO ... and THEN there's Venice ...

O.K. I give up!!!

I can't do it!! There are just tooooo many wonderful places that Kelly and Scotty
and Sheldon and Earle and Fouad took us to - for me to pick a favorite!!

Let's here from some others of you ... what are "your" favorite I SPY locales???

~ ~ ~ ~ As always,

~ ~ ~ ~ Tatia

~ ~ ~ ~

November 5th, 2011, 4:59 am #7

Re: RE: FAVORITE Locale ??

Actually Tash my favorite Locale is Anywhere YOU are. As long as you wear that Blue Ensemble. IHPL

Tokyo and Hong Kong, if I had to choose.
Last edited by bob64walanga on November 5th, 2011, 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 6th, 2011, 5:13 am #8

RE: FAVORITE Locale ??

Over the last few days, in the odd moment here and there, I've tried to come up with a favorite I Spy location. All the images Tatia posted are pretty wonderful, each in its own way. I am kinda partial to places I've actually visited like San Francisco, Acapulco, Rome, Venice, Mykonos, Delos and Athens. Even though I've lived a two plus hour drive from Palm Springs for a long time, I've never been there. However, looking again at Tatia's images, I think maybe I would vote for the Toshogu Shrine, where Tatia (the OTHER Tatia) and Kelly "spent an idyllic day together" (to quote our Tatia). I know Bob, she's not wearing the blue ensemble, and is having a "bad hair day" (again quoting our Tatia), but the setting is magnificent.

Jimmy

November 6th, 2011, 5:26 pm #9

I'd have to go with the Orient as my favorite setting, though I'd be hard put to choose between Japan and Hong Kong. They're both downright magical, as far as I'm concerned.

Regards--

Regards—

November 6th, 2011, 9:08 pm #10

Hello again.

An impossible question, indeed, but Venice is my favorite. I actually like the Italian episodes. They're part of what inspired me to study Italian, although that has proved to be an extremely slow process.

Ciao,
Maya