Moderators: 4CUPZ, stevedepot, Snowy, aries44475, sybo

John Tavares - #91

Man in the Box
2nd line
2nd line

1:45 AM - Dec 10, 2010 #1

Is it me or is this kid going backwards? The fact he has no one to play with is killing his development and making picking him 1st overall a tremendous waste.. Still skates like his skates are filled with lead.. can not beat a d-man and brings nothing to the table but rebound goals lucky bounces... its almost not fair for him and i bet duchene is counting his blessings he was picked 2nd overall and not first...
Last edited by Man in the Box on 2:52 PM - Sep 09, 2013, edited 1 time in total.
HELLO BROOKLYN, MY NAME IS JOHN TAVARES

LEDZEP
All Star
All Star
LEDZEP
All Star
All Star

1:51 AM - Dec 10, 2010 #2

a waste of a number 1 pick :disgraced:
Sometimes I grow so tired, but I know I've got one thing I got to do...

What puckhead says is Islander law

Come in with the milk

"A leader, once convinced a particular course of action is the right one,
must have the determination to stick with it and be undaunted when the going gets rough."

Ronald Reagan

Bexlyspeed
All Star
All Star

2:35 AM - Dec 10, 2010 #3

you try to prosper in an organization like this. crosby, stamkos and the lot of them would have had the same problems.

LEDZEP
All Star
All Star
LEDZEP
All Star
All Star

2:46 AM - Dec 10, 2010 #4

Bexlyspeed,Dec 9 2010 wrote:you try to prosper in an organization like this. crosby, stamkos and the lot of them would have had the same problems.
crosby, stamkos know how to skate
Sometimes I grow so tired, but I know I've got one thing I got to do...

What puckhead says is Islander law

Come in with the milk

"A leader, once convinced a particular course of action is the right one,
must have the determination to stick with it and be undaunted when the going gets rough."

Ronald Reagan

THEDRIVE4FIVE
All Star
All Star

3:43 AM - Dec 10, 2010 #5

Duchene looks really good right now :crying2:

Go Grabs Go!

Webb20
All Star
All Star
Webb20
All Star
All Star

3:55 AM - Dec 10, 2010 #6

He'd be far more successful if playing with players who could get the puck to the net.
Last edited by Webb20 on 3:56 AM - Dec 10, 2010, edited 1 time in total.
I sold it all, retired and moved to Fabulous Las Vegas!
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Ben Franklin
"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."-Ronald Reagan

bumpkin
1st line
1st line
bumpkin
1st line
1st line

2:31 PM - Dec 10, 2010 #7

Webb20,Dec 9 2010 wrote: He'd be far more successful if playing with players who could get the puck to the net.
And someone who could carry the puck in without dumping it. He needs space, has none.
Where in the World is Sebastian Collberg?

BritBlueNOrange
2nd line
2nd line

4:51 PM - Dec 10, 2010 #8

LEDZEP,Dec 9 2010 wrote:
Bexlyspeed,Dec 9 2010 wrote:you try to prosper in an organization like this. crosby, stamkos and the lot of them would have had the same problems.
Stamkos scores most from the circles after being fed by a multitude of exellent players in Tampa Bay...

Skating hasn't been needed for him to score hardly any of his goals.

MIAMIEXISLE
2nd line
2nd line

6:38 PM - Dec 10, 2010 #9

I'm really alarmed at the lack of effort that he has shown over the last few games. He shyes away from any physical contact, gives up the puck way too easily and avoids high traffic areas like the plaque. In my opinion his play has regressed from last season. They sent down Bailey for similar isuues, maybe they should do the same with JT.
Rick DiPietro- Retiring?Nothing like that has even crossed my mind. I know I can play..

OlTimeHockey
All Star
All Star

7:11 PM - Dec 10, 2010 #10

BritBlueNOrange,Dec 10 2010 wrote:
LEDZEP,Dec 9 2010 wrote:
Stamkos scores most from the circles after being fed by a multitude of exellent players in Tampa Bay...

Skating hasn't been needed for him to score hardly any of his goals.
Skating is great to have, but talent and hockey sense beat skating 100% of the time. Tavares can succeed and thrive in the NHL but we have a multitude of people crying over his skating being only above average. (not Zep.....he was joking)

A good player holds the puck and moves in, setting the tempo and controlling the zone. A crappy player skates in and pulls a Bergenheim. Well, fans want more Bergenheims, apparently I'm reading everywhere.
"clearly it's Rick DiPietro's stupidity that's put the islanders in this situation getting into an altercation when a game was over..." Keith Jones on VS

"But the Coliseum became a repository for all the team's troubles, a convenient scapegoat. There were suggestions that no major free agent ever would set foot in such a decrepit place. We have two words for anyone making that argument: Fenway Park. History says free agents would play in an old boxcar if they got enough money and had a chance to win." - Mark Herrmann

查理斯 ? 請死你混蛋