Moderators: 4CUPZ, stevedepot, Snowy, aries44475, sybo

Garth Snow

stevedepot
All Star
All Star

5:24 PM - Dec 07, 2010 #1

You hear that Katie Strang?
You hear that wannabe journalists who write fluff?

THAT is the reality. NOT because someone from ESPN wrote it.
NOT because Scott Burnside and Pierre LeBrun might not know everything there is to know about hockey.
Because we all have seen this from day one and we're sick and tired of the circus.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=5892256
wrote:New York Islanders
Grade: F
Trending: Down
Summary: GM Garth Snow fired coach Scott Gordon, but in retrospect, he might have been doing Gordon a favor given how bad this team is. Injuries to Mark Streit and Kyle Okposo haven't helped matters, but this is a poorly constructed team from the goal on out. Rick DiPietro has struggled to deliver quality starts coming back from multiple knee operations, the defense is porous and there isn't enough skill up front. Good thing Snow found time to ban writer Chris Botta from covering the team.
Last edited by stevedepot on 3:36 AM - Dec 15, 2013, edited 1 time in total.

Jackace
2nd line
2nd line
Jackace
2nd line
2nd line

5:52 PM - Dec 07, 2010 #2

I agree. With the farm system no where near the top 10 in talent after 5 years of high picks, DP getting starts instead of rehab, gordon, Janikowski, Botta. What else can this toolio f-up? I guess we will all find out.

Webb20
All Star
All Star
Webb20
All Star
All Star

6:05 PM - Dec 07, 2010 #3

wrote:but this is a poorly constructed team from the goal on out.
That says it all.

I guess there is just no limit to bad press that Wang will take. He's not going to do damn thing. First, because he'd have to get rid of the only hockey people he has, and second he'd have to invest to make a difference.

I sold it all, retired and moved to Fabulous Las Vegas!
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Ben Franklin
"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."-Ronald Reagan

Snowy
All Star
All Star
Snowy
All Star
All Star

6:26 PM - Dec 07, 2010 #4

Webb20,Dec 7 2010 wrote:
wrote:but this is a poorly constructed team from the goal on out.
That says it all.

I guess there is just no limit to bad press that Wang will take. He's not going to do damn thing. First, because he'd have to get rid of the only hockey people he has, and second he'd have to invest to make a difference.
Nothing is going to change. The only reason Milbury left as GM was because he told Charles it was time for a change. The only reason he left the organization was because he chose to. Wang is a clown. The Wilpons have been bashed from pillar to post by Mets fans for years and years for being "too hands on". They had a major reality check, and did a major overhaul with both their front office and their organizational philosophy. Now, only time will tell how successful that is. But at least they're aware of public perception and they're TRYING. Wang is the total opposite. For whatever reason, he thinks that his way is the right way, and it continues to yield not only bad results, but HORRENDOUS results. And two of the smarter hockey people they had in Jankowski and Trots, they're both kicked to the curb. Sometimes I think the only way out of this nightmare is to have the team move.

Bexlyspeed
All Star
All Star

6:46 PM - Dec 07, 2010 #5

Snowman39,Dec 7 2010 wrote: Sometimes I think the only way out of this nightmare is to have the team move.
I think that will be the end result. the team has been so bad for so long that this latest stretch of awfulness will plunge them to the point where the only interested buyer will be someone who wants to move them. and at this point how can bettman argue (i really dont think he cares anyway)

it really makes me sad because i can not see myself atching Hockey if there are no Islanders. I gave watched them bad for so many years but in the last few seasons its been so bad from top to bottom that i hardley enjoy it at all.

Shooter
All Star
All Star

6:57 PM - Dec 07, 2010 #6

Jackace,Dec 7 2010 wrote: I agree. With the farm system no where near the top 10 in talent after 5 years of high picks, DP getting starts instead of rehab, gordon, Janikowski, Botta. What else can this toolio f-up? I guess we will all find out.
On DP: While I agree he should have gotten starts down in Bridgeport, he sat until Roli showed signs of wear and tear, then played well for a few starts until the Rags game.

stevedepot
All Star
All Star

8:55 PM - Dec 07, 2010 #7

what a load of BS this is.

The joke of a franchise and GM cannot get worse than this...

http://islanders.nhl.com/club/news.htm? ... %20English
wrote:SNOW LIVE ON ISLANDERS TV
Islanders GM Garth Snow will answer your questions LIVE on Islanders TV
Tuesday, 12.07.2010 / 12:52 PM / News
New York Islanders
Have you ever wanted to know what it was like to be the General Manager of a National Hockey League team? How about what goes into making trades or selecting draft picks? Here is your chance to ask Islanders General Manager Garth Snow what it's like. Tune in to IslandersTV on NewYorkIslanders.com at 10:30 a.m. on Friday, December 10 to hear his answers.

Submit your questions to Snow via Twitter by @'ing NYIslanders with what you want to know. You can also submit by commenting in the related post on the Islanders Facebook Fan Page wall. Not on Facebook or Twitter? Email your questions to nyisocialmedia@gmail.com.

Snow looks forward to hearing from you.
why can't he go somewhere where it's NOT a CONTROLLED environment???
TWITTER??? so they can HAND pick the FLUFF???
ridiculous.

:angrier: :thumbsdown:

rst033
4th line
4th line
rst033
4th line
4th line

8:59 PM - Dec 07, 2010 #8

looks like what the NHL wants is for all of us to become Ranger fans

MMingE
All Star
All Star
MMingE
All Star
All Star

9:14 PM - Dec 07, 2010 #9

stevedepot,Dec 7 2010 wrote: Have you ever wanted to know what it was like to be the General Manager of a National Hockey League team?
How would he know what that's like ? :dontknow:

Webb20
All Star
All Star
Webb20
All Star
All Star

9:17 PM - Dec 07, 2010 #10

MMingE,Dec 7 2010 wrote:
stevedepot,Dec 7 2010 wrote: Have you ever wanted to know what it was like to be the General Manager of a National Hockey League team?
How would he know what that's like ? :dontknow:
Beat me to it....
wrote:Have you ever wanted to know what it was like to be the General Manager of a National Hockey League team? How about what goes into making trades or selecting draft picks?
I was going to say questions he asks himself every day. :yes:
I sold it all, retired and moved to Fabulous Las Vegas!
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Ben Franklin
"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."-Ronald Reagan