Que pasa en el foro?

Que pasa en el foro?

Anita from Amsterdam-Holanda
Anita from Amsterdam-Holanda

May 25th, 1999, 7:24 am #1

Que pasa en el foro? No entiendo.
Rafael is this your story?
Tu maravilloso palabras.....?

Maybe you must write a telenovela or book and find a publisher.
It wil be a BIG SUCCES!!
Will you explain to me? Besitos desde Holanda. Anita, La Holandesa.

Rafael Martín
Rafael Martín

May 28th, 1999, 12:10 am #2

Hello Anita:

It's a real pleasure to read your words here again. Let me explain you something:

"Isabella, mujer enamorada" is an original story from Manoel Carlos. The writer of the book is the wonderful Ana Montes and there are four more writers involved in the work of adapting the story to the actors and actresses:
Maritza Kischhausen, Luis Felipe Alvarado, Emilio Bustamante and Alfonso Santisteban. An excellent team for a fascinating plot!
They are creating the personal style of the peruvian soap operas... and they're doing the best!!!
That's why I'm so happy to be a kind of journalist of them, the spectator in front of the TV with his pen, who is pleased enough to express his profound admiration re-writing that story as he feels, the deep feeling of a real fan of them and the staff of actors and actresses performing this fine realization.

I have my own book. Maybe some day I'll find a crazy publisher...

Bye,

Rafael.

Anita from Amsterdam, Holanda

May 28th, 1999, 7:23 pm #3

Gracias Rafael for explaining me!!. I felt like a blind person on this foro.

(Very sorry I can not write in your beautiful language and I’m happy you take always time for me to translate it.

I’m interested in the culture of Peru and love to watch some of your beautiful country.
I’m glad you explain to me and to know some more of the backgrounds.

I like to watch spanish novelas, especially from Peru.
I saw the beautiful telenovela ‘Luz Maria’, The story, All the actors (special Angie and Christian) it touched my heart and the time the story was taken place were very interesting to see. ‘Isabella’s story is about the same time? 1900-1910? I never saw ‘Isabella’ on TV, never saw pictures (Can someone put pictures on the Isabella foro?) but your summaries full with passion, feelings, I love to read them.

Today I saw an episode of ‘Cosas del Amor’ on TVE (Spain). It was strange to me, to see this novela of Peru in the present time. Did you see ‘Cosas del Amor’ and what is your opinion?

And maybe one day I can read, or even watch your book on TV…………full with your maravilloso palabras.
Anita, La Holandesa.

Alexander Zhukov
Alexander Zhukov

June 1st, 1999, 5:10 am #4

Hi Anita!

The telenovela "Isabella,mujer enamorada" is a new version (nearly remake, but several major changes, now both heroines are the twins , the main story is set up in about 1930-1936, many details and the end are and will be changed)) of "Manuela" (Argentina, 1991, protagonists: Grecia Colmenares, Jorge Martinaz and Maria Rosa Gallo). The summary of "Manuela" you can find at the Grecia Colmenares fan site:

http://members.xoom.com/simplygrecia/

The summary of "Manuela" (how it all begins...):

In 1940s , in a small Italian village on Sicily, the young Bernarda and Corrado fall in love. Because of the enmity with her families they could
not marry.
Bernarda gives birth to her dauther Isabel, and, dishonoured, leaves her motherland for Argentina, where her dauther was adopted by Mme. Guerrero. Corrado also was forced to leave Italy because of the persecution from Bernarda's family. He also came to Argentina where he married Mercedes and, 10 years after the birth of Isabel, was born another his dauther - Manuela.
Manuela grows in a happy family, while Isabel after the death of Mme. Guerrero is unhappy. She just has discovered that her real mother is a servant ("ama de llaves"), and all the family wealth is ruined. She can't accept Bernarda as the mother but admits help and forced to follow her advices. Therefore she marries a very rich man, Fernando Salinas, who fell in love with her, but she hides all her past. And it is only the first deception, made by Isabel and Bernarda...Other (very big) lies come....Bernarda becomes the housekeeper ("ama de llaves") in Salinas house and
tries to make all for the happiness of Isabel.

10 years gone, but still no children. Isabel receives the diagnosis of sterility, but Bernarda
advices her to hide this and helps to receive the false diagnosis of sterility of her husband.

At this time Manuela has grown, her face becomes the same as the face of Isabel. After Corrado has died, Manuela travels to Italy where she meets Fernando who makes the business there, and between them an enthusiastic love blooms.
Isabel tries to save her marriage. But soon an accident on the river (in Delta) occurs, and because of the error in the identification of the
body of another woman Isabel is declared as dead. Fernando marries Manuela, who is identical in face to his first wife.
Meanwhile Isabel survives after the accident, but her very beautiful face is completely destructed - she looks like a beast, and her voice completely changes. She is constantly wearing the mask to hide her face. One night she returns to the Salinas family house and Bernarda at the first time do not recognizes her. Then she discovers that she has a sister who has occupied her place in the life of Fernando. With a help from Bernarda, Isabel hides in the house and decides to convert the life of Manuela into the hell...
All the people are constantly comparing Manuela
to Isabel, Manuela is increasingly terrified of Bernarda and is feeling the presence of someone else in the house...Some things disappear and appear, etc. etc.....

The original idea of "Manuela" and "Isabella" is based on the Brazilian telenovela "A Sucessora"
(1978) written by Manoel Carlos. This telenovela
(where the heroines were twins)
is based on the book of Carolina Nabuco and on the book "Rebecca" (1938) by Daphne Du Maurier. There
exists several movie/TV versions of "Rebecca",
beginning with the movie of Alfred Hitchcock (1940) with Laurence Olivier and Joan Fontaine.
In "Rebecca" the first wife of Max Winter (Rebecca) is really dead, but the second young wife is feeling that her spirit is alive and is terrified by the housekeeper. The details of this psychological terror form the main ingredient that is also present in all later telenovelas mentioned here, all other is completely changed.

"Manuela" is not a remake of "A Sucessora", the authors did not use the original texts of Manoel Carlos but used his ideas...

In "Isabella.." besides the changes mentioned above many enhancements with respect to "Manuela"
have been made. The story now is much more dynamic
contains less things that are hard to beleive and many subplots are written better. (But "Manuela" remains unforgettable, because of excellent performances). Hope "Isabella..." also
will become an unforgettable telenovela!
The ideas themselves are great, so I think this story probably will be filmed several times in the future....

Alexander.

June 1st, 1999, 7:36 pm #5

You are the best, Alexander !!!

I’m really glad you give me an explanation and so many detailed information. I was hoping that someone could help me but this is really great. And I want to thank you also for your time and writing it in the language I understand better.
It’s a great story (and I wrote only the beginning of “Manuela”).... and I go searching, maybe there’s a book or movie of “Rebecca” here in Holland, because I’m interested in this story now.

I hope one day we can see the telenovela "Isabella” on TVE (Spain) here in Holland because I love to watch movies, novela’s etc. in the beautiful Spanish language. (It’s not a language I learned in school). But in Holland it’s difficult to find information of Spanish movies or novela’s. That’s the reason I visit the foro.
I really felt like a blind person on this foro. All those messages, I couldn’t place it, I didn’t understand, but you opened my eyes. Thank you so much for that.

Anita, La Holandesa.

P.S. Where are you from? And your name? (When I read your name there’s so much in your name.....)

June 1st, 1999, 7:58 pm #6

Hi Anita!

The telenovela "Isabella,mujer enamorada" is a new version (nearly remake, but several major changes, now both heroines are the twins , the main story is set up in about 1930-1936, many details and the end are and will be changed)) of "Manuela" (Argentina, 1991, protagonists: Grecia Colmenares, Jorge Martinaz and Maria Rosa Gallo). The summary of "Manuela" you can find at the Grecia Colmenares fan site:

http://members.xoom.com/simplygrecia/

The summary of "Manuela" (how it all begins...):

In 1940s , in a small Italian village on Sicily, the young Bernarda and Corrado fall in love. Because of the enmity with her families they could
not marry.
Bernarda gives birth to her dauther Isabel, and, dishonoured, leaves her motherland for Argentina, where her dauther was adopted by Mme. Guerrero. Corrado also was forced to leave Italy because of the persecution from Bernarda's family. He also came to Argentina where he married Mercedes and, 10 years after the birth of Isabel, was born another his dauther - Manuela.
Manuela grows in a happy family, while Isabel after the death of Mme. Guerrero is unhappy. She just has discovered that her real mother is a servant ("ama de llaves"), and all the family wealth is ruined. She can't accept Bernarda as the mother but admits help and forced to follow her advices. Therefore she marries a very rich man, Fernando Salinas, who fell in love with her, but she hides all her past. And it is only the first deception, made by Isabel and Bernarda...Other (very big) lies come....Bernarda becomes the housekeeper ("ama de llaves") in Salinas house and
tries to make all for the happiness of Isabel.

10 years gone, but still no children. Isabel receives the diagnosis of sterility, but Bernarda
advices her to hide this and helps to receive the false diagnosis of sterility of her husband.

At this time Manuela has grown, her face becomes the same as the face of Isabel. After Corrado has died, Manuela travels to Italy where she meets Fernando who makes the business there, and between them an enthusiastic love blooms.
Isabel tries to save her marriage. But soon an accident on the river (in Delta) occurs, and because of the error in the identification of the
body of another woman Isabel is declared as dead. Fernando marries Manuela, who is identical in face to his first wife.
Meanwhile Isabel survives after the accident, but her very beautiful face is completely destructed - she looks like a beast, and her voice completely changes. She is constantly wearing the mask to hide her face. One night she returns to the Salinas family house and Bernarda at the first time do not recognizes her. Then she discovers that she has a sister who has occupied her place in the life of Fernando. With a help from Bernarda, Isabel hides in the house and decides to convert the life of Manuela into the hell...
All the people are constantly comparing Manuela
to Isabel, Manuela is increasingly terrified of Bernarda and is feeling the presence of someone else in the house...Some things disappear and appear, etc. etc.....

The original idea of "Manuela" and "Isabella" is based on the Brazilian telenovela "A Sucessora"
(1978) written by Manoel Carlos. This telenovela
(where the heroines were twins)
is based on the book of Carolina Nabuco and on the book "Rebecca" (1938) by Daphne Du Maurier. There
exists several movie/TV versions of "Rebecca",
beginning with the movie of Alfred Hitchcock (1940) with Laurence Olivier and Joan Fontaine.
In "Rebecca" the first wife of Max Winter (Rebecca) is really dead, but the second young wife is feeling that her spirit is alive and is terrified by the housekeeper. The details of this psychological terror form the main ingredient that is also present in all later telenovelas mentioned here, all other is completely changed.

"Manuela" is not a remake of "A Sucessora", the authors did not use the original texts of Manoel Carlos but used his ideas...

In "Isabella.." besides the changes mentioned above many enhancements with respect to "Manuela"
have been made. The story now is much more dynamic
contains less things that are hard to beleive and many subplots are written better. (But "Manuela" remains unforgettable, because of excellent performances). Hope "Isabella..." also
will become an unforgettable telenovela!
The ideas themselves are great, so I think this story probably will be filmed several times in the future....

Alexander.

I’m really glad you give me an explanation and so many detailed information. I was hoping that someone could help me but this is really great. And I want to thank you also for your time and writing it in the language I understand better.
It’s a great story (and I read only the beginning of “Manuela”)... and I go searching there’s a book or movie of “Rebecca” here in Holland, because I’m interested in this story now.

I hope one day we can see the telenovela “Isabella” on TVE (Spain) here in Holland because I love to watch movies, novela’s etc. in the beautiful Spanish language. (It’s not a language I learned in school). But in Holland it’s difficult to find information of Spanish movies or novela’s. That’s the reason I visit the foro.
I really felt like a blind person on this foro. All those messages, I couldn’t place it, I didn’t understand, but you opened my eyes. Thank you so much for that.

Anita, La Holandesa.

P.S. Where are you from? And your name? (When I read and speak your name there’s so much in your name....)

Alexander Zhukov
Alexander Zhukov

June 3rd, 1999, 3:37 am #7

It’s a great story (and I wrote only the beginning of “Manuela”).... and I go searching, maybe there’s a book or movie of “Rebecca” here in Holland, because I’m interested in this story now.

I hope one day we can see the telenovela "Isabella” on TVE (Spain) here in Holland because I love to watch movies, novela’s etc. in the beautiful Spanish language. (It’s not a language I learned in school). But in Holland it’s difficult to find information of Spanish movies or novela’s. That’s the reason I visit the foro.

Anita, La Holandesa.

P.S. Where are you from? And your name? (When I read your name there’s so much in your name.....)
Hi Anita!
You may call me Alex.
I'm from Russia.

"Rebecca" (1938) contains only some things
("the housekeeper terrifies the second wife") common to the story of "Manuela" or "Isabella",
(about 15%). The first wife is dead, the housekeeper (probably) is not her mother, the faces of Rebecca and the second wife are different.

Far more close to this story is the book of Carolina Nabuco ("A Sucessora", 1938, original in Portuguese). I had not read it , from some friends I know that in this book:

1) both heroines - Alice (1st wife of Roberto) and Marina are twins, but their mother is dead. The housekeeper is the godmother of Alice.

2) Alice and Roberto have an accident in the sea,
after that Alice looses memory for some time,
and there appear some scars on her body (not on the face). Therefore when she returns to the house, she is hiding.

3) the end is very different....However, many other details are the same - the story of sterility of Alice, etc.

In the telenovela "A Sucessora" (1978)Manoel Carlos added details of psycho terror from "Rebecca".

In "Manuela" has been done the same, so really the ideas belong to Carolina Nabuco and Daphne Du Maurier. Manoel Carlos was first who joined these ideas in one storyline. "Manuela" is also based on these 2 books, but is not a remake of Manoel Carlos's telenovela. Some very important details were changed:

1) now the housekeeper (Bernarda) is the genuine mother of the first wife (Isabel Guerrero);

2) No more standard tricks with memory loosing,
and the scars are now on the face, so the face is totally destructed and Isabel is wearing a mask.

3) many detais in the second part and the end are completely changed.

All this very dramatized and enhanced the story, adding completely new spirit. And most subplots are new.

In Manuela the second wife (Manuela) is 10 years yonger (as in "Rebecca"), but now she has a face the same that Isabel had 10 years before(they both have the same father).

In "Isabella..." both heroines (Clara and Isabella) are twins, as in "A Sucessora", and the housekeeper (Leandra) is their mother, but she does not accept Isabella as her dauther , and Clara does not accept Leandra as the mother, but is forced to get help from her.

Hope this helps.....

Alexander Zhukov
Alexander Zhukov

June 3rd, 1999, 5:45 pm #8

nt

Desi
Desi

June 4th, 1999, 6:57 pm #9

Que pasa en el foro? No entiendo.
Rafael is this your story?
Tu maravilloso palabras.....?

Maybe you must write a telenovela or book and find a publisher.
It wil be a BIG SUCCES!!
Will you explain to me? Besitos desde Holanda. Anita, La Holandesa.
Dear Anita

I also watch Cosas Del Amor here in Holland.
It's a shame we can't watch all the other beautiful spanish telenovelas. I hope you have also watched the telenovela before Cosas Del Amor.
The wonderful"La Usurpadora" I thought it was great. I also love Fernando Colunga.
I don't write you in Dutch because like this others can also respond to our messages.
I hope you like the telenovelas and I hope to hear very soon from you.

with love
Desi

June 5th, 1999, 9:17 am #10

Hi Desi, It's a pleasure for me knowing there's another fan here in Holland who love to see the Spanish novelas. To be honest "Luz Maria" was the first Spanish novela I saw and followed to the end. Because it has so much attractive power on me that I must see it every day. The beautiful performence of Angie Cepeda (she really stole my heart) and all the other actors, the beautiful music and the story made me a fan of the Spanish novelas. I didn't follow "La Usurpadora" every day because of the contrast of Luz Maria. I was still watching LM on videotapes to understand more of the story because my Spanish is not so good. (With a dictionary I found words and after a while I learn and understand more). I watch "Cosas del Amor" and try to follow it every day.
And I hope one day the TV-stations in Holland (RTL,FOX,Veronica and others) will broadcast some novelas because I think I'm not the only who liked to see it. (there are many Spanish talking people here in Holland). Thank you for your message (ik vind het echt leuk)and I hope to I hear from you. Where your live in Holland?
Greetings and Love from Anita, La Holandesa. (that's how they called me on the Spanish LM-foro).