Route 35?

February 27th, 2010, 4:42 pm #1

I'm just looking for some confirmation about route 35 which operated in Finglas. I am presuming it went up Jamestown Road then took a right at Sycamore Road and then took another right at McKee Road where it terminated. Then inbound it went down McKee Road and took a right at Clune Road and then left on to Jamestown Road and back in to Town. If anyone could tell me if this is true or not it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

February 27th, 2010, 8:09 pm #2

happy bus wrote: I'm just looking for some confirmation about route 35 which operated in Finglas. I am presuming it went up Jamestown Road then took a right at Sycamore Road and then took another right at McKee Road where it terminated. Then inbound it went down McKee Road and took a right at Clune Road and then left on to Jamestown Road and back in to Town. If anyone could tell me if this is true or not it would be much appreciated. Thanks.
From personal memory in the early 1970s, the Jamestown Road routing is certainly correct.

February 27th, 2010, 10:49 pm #3

Thanks for that C236. I'm pretty sure that was the routing but I like to be 100% sure.

April 18th, 2010, 12:56 pm #4

The Jamestown Road/McKee Rd loop routing started in the 70's, but I dont know exact dates.
Originally, the 35 terminated on what is now Ballygall Rd West, reaching there by Main St & Shamus Ennis Road, there was also a 35A for a short period which continued on to Grove Road.
Sometime in the 60's it was extended from Ballygall Rd West left into Clune Rd (at the time this was a dead end) then right into McKee Road and on to the top of the road, I think there was a reverse movement to turn around, using either Sycamore Rd or Finglas Park, not sure which.
Be aware that later 60s timetables showed the 35 as running to Ballygall Road when in fact it was running to McKee Road, there is a possibility that it MAY have terminated actually on Clune Road/McKee Rd junction for a time.
Sorry can't be anymore help.
Last edited by 65DONARD on April 18th, 2010, 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 19th, 2010, 4:53 pm #5

Thanks for the info 65DONARD.