Moderator: Eastern Nat

Mysterious Vwd's

September 13th, 2018, 1:32 pm #1

Past 2 more Vwd's on the M6 today about 11.30 just outside Ballinasloe nothing unusual about that I hear you say except for the fact that they were Vwd 317 and Vwd320 both are Limerick reg. Are they heading for Galway or are they taking the long way home. Also heard from a Galway driver yesterday that there are more Limerick reg Vwd's already in Galway. What's happening does anybody know?

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

September 13th, 2018, 5:42 pm #2

KR128 wrote: Past 2 more Vwd's on the M6 today about 11.30 just  outside Ballinasloe nothing unusual about that I hear you say except  for the fact that they were Vwd 317 and Vwd320 both are Limerick reg. Are they heading for Galway or are they taking the  long way home. Also heard from a Galway driver yesterday  that there are more Limerick reg Vwd's  already in  Galway. What's happening  does anybody know?

Presumably you mean VWD417 and VWD420.

That is extremely curious indeed, considering that in order to get to Galway via the M6, the buses would have to cut across by Clane and Maynooth/Kilcock to get to the M4, and then the M6, whereas they have been parked up behind a fence on an embankment of the M7 which leads straight to Limerick. 

They are hardly being collected by Limerick drivers so.

There must be some reason such as:
a) Irish Commercials contracted??? and then contracted to deliver them to the one location???
b) Something being fitted to the buses in Galway??? (e.g. advertising panels, ticket machines)
c) Some sort of operational efficiency???
d) or dare I say it "union agreement" to collect them from Galway Depot??? 
e) Maybe a lack of space at Roxborough Road, though it is a large site???

In relation to point c), It is easier for Limerick drivers to get to Galway Depot by service bus than to Naas: there being buses, effectively every half hour for most of the day.

Hopefully, Galway aren't keeping all 25 and giving their VWLs to Limerick :(

September 13th, 2018, 7:45 pm #3

You're right Paul 417 and 420.Well spotted.

September 13th, 2018, 7:52 pm #4

Irish commercials also have a garage in Galway,I wonder are they going there first before delivery? The drivers were not in uniform so whether they were Irish commercials staff or bus eireann staff is hard to say as probably if you were rostered for this job you wouldn't need uniform as you wouldn't be dealing with the public.

September 14th, 2018, 3:14 am #5

Perhaps Irish Commercials just wanted to get rid of them from Naas and Galway has more space for that? Especially given Roxboro's eagerness to introduce new buses into service...

September 14th, 2018, 5:55 am #6

PiotrSekula wrote: Perhaps Irish Commercials just wanted to get rid of them from Naas and Galway has more space for that? Especially given Roxboro's eagerness to introduce new buses into service...
Well, presumably some of them will have to be on the road in Galway on Monday if not Sunday. As for the Limerick ones, one would wonder if they're going to spend a few weeks in Galway, then perhaps move to a supermarket car park in Gort, then Ennis, and then perhaps a few weeks out in Coonagh at the edge of Limerick City.

Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth. They do not need to wait to introduce a new timetable to introduce the buses. At the end of the chain is Capwell, desperately seeking extra capacity.