Moderator: Eastern Nat

K-Coach

July 12th, 2018, 5:14 pm #1

For those of you who were not aware (I wasn't aware), K-Coach is a member of the Dublin Coach company.

They operate a service between Naas and Monasterevin Monday to Friday, all fares €3 no matter where you are going to, only just the one fare, €3.

Two coaches operate this service, both are Setra's, painted white, but with "K-Coach" in a black logo on it. They are former Aircoach Setra's, one is 04 D 22818 which is former Aircoach number C32 (she finished her years on the Belfast to Dublin service with Northern reg KFZ 4653). She went to Dublin Coach after it was withdrawn at Aircoach and was painted green like the rest, operating the Dublin to Kerry and the Dublin to Waterford/Cork routes etc. Now it is painted white and marked in on this service.

Second one is 04 D 34313, which was Aircoach number C47. This was the last Setra to work with Aircoach (this and Belfast based C35 however 35 never seen service and was just used for parts). When 47 was withdrawn at Aircoach it was in operation on all Dublin Coach routes, however not painted green, just in the blue without the Aircoach logo, for a few months. It then got painted white and continued to work the Dublin Coach services. I never understood why this was painted white but now I understand. This wore an all over red colour advert wrap for Mc Donalds Dublin Airport for a couple of years.

Route 826 is the service and these two coaches operate it.

July 12th, 2018, 6:42 pm #2

So Dublin Coach are now competing with themselves on that corridor under two different brands?

Talk about an illusion of competition when there is none. 

August 4th, 2018, 8:59 am #3

Looks like Dublin Coach took this route over from Glen Whelan in the last couple of months - he has been operating this route as K Coach 4 year or so.