Moderator: Eastern Nat

August 22nd, 2018, 8:44 am #61

I've been told a different story regarding the 15s: that Donnybrook would take them off Ringsend altogether, full package, and Harristown would stick with their lot. Leaving the suffixed 15s in Ringsend makes more sense, although that might need a funny AVL code for them
Also I've been told that there would be no loss of 145 duties even after 184 leaves, but it hasn't been specified how.
14s leaving Summerhill makes sense, they have very little work on it (12 duties MF, 8 Sa, 5 Su). It's also what I've been told. First I hear of Clontarf losing the 27, it's a sizeable chunk that they have, but I suppose Ringsend would need a gap filler once the 15 leaves.

August 22nd, 2018, 7:02 pm #62

I really hope the 15 doesn't leave Harristown. If it does leave Harristown then I would be afraid of the SGs on the 15 going to the 27B, which I do not want to happen. I don't see the need for any routes to change garages tbh. 

August 22nd, 2018, 9:43 pm #63

Taking the 15A and 15B out of Ringsend would make no sense. It would also mean Donnybrook operates essentially five routes that terminate outside another Dublin Bus Garage or very close to one. 46A Phoenix Park and 145 Heston Station very close to Coyningham Road. 7/7A essentially outside Summerhill. 15 makes sense as its terminii are nowhere near Ringsend. Perhaps if the stays in Ringsend 15B, it would be renamed the 74 like it was before. Depending on what information is correct that will mean that there would only be two or three dual garage operated routes.

VT's could appear on the 15 when it moves to Donnybrook.

September 9th, 2018, 10:52 pm #64

Will be gutted if the 15 moves out of Ringsend - that has been its home since the route started circa 1990, and the 15A/B have been there as long as I remember. Would have thought the 38 could be a more sensible route for DBK to take, it terminates close to the garage. The 1 would be another good candidate. Or any of the routes starting around Merrion Square, the likes of the 66. 

September 9th, 2018, 11:23 pm #65

There is a new bill for the cross-city 15 being discussed and voted on later this week for a 7 October implementation, and apparently Donnybrook are being particularly picky about a few things. It doesn't really matter what they're picky about, but the fact that they have something to say makes it now obvious that yes, they are taking the road.