Irish Mob Films

Irish Mob Films

HappyPuppy
HappyPuppy

July 23rd, 2005, 8:27 am #1

Anyone know any really great irish crime Movies? I mean like good movies. Martin Scorses Goodfellas shizznit. Or like Reservoir doggy style in your dome?
Last edited by IrishHood on July 28th, 2005, 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 28th, 2005, 8:10 pm #2

Here's a few HP;

State of Grace; Sean Penn, Ed Harris, Gary Oldman

Miller's Crossing; Gabriel Byrne, Albert Finney

Road To Perdition; Tom Hanks, Paul Newman

Southie; Donnie Wahlberg, Rose McGowan

Boondock Saints; Willem Dafoe, Billy Connolly

Ash Wednesday; Ed Burns, Ejijah Wood

Monument Ave; Denis Leary, Martin Sheen

HappyPuppy
HappyPuppy

July 28th, 2005, 9:01 pm #3

Nice, just what i was looking for Niggs, thank you

Mike
Mike

July 31st, 2005, 6:54 am #4

Here's a page I made with all Irish mafia movies.

http://www.towniesmovie.com/irish-mob-movies.htm

Boondock Saints is not an Irish mob movie, sorry. But it does have a couple of Irish guys from South Boston. The movie has the Russian mob and the Italian mob.

August 23rd, 2005, 12:48 pm #5

One Eyed King is another Irish mob film with William Baldwin and Armand Assante set in Hells Kitchen.

Irish Eyes was made a few years ago and is set in South Boston. It stars Daniel Baldwin and John Novak.

Juice Terry
Juice Terry

September 29th, 2005, 6:37 pm #6

Here's a few HP;

State of Grace; Sean Penn, Ed Harris, Gary Oldman

Miller's Crossing; Gabriel Byrne, Albert Finney

Road To Perdition; Tom Hanks, Paul Newman

Southie; Donnie Wahlberg, Rose McGowan

Boondock Saints; Willem Dafoe, Billy Connolly

Ash Wednesday; Ed Burns, Ejijah Wood

Monument Ave; Denis Leary, Martin Sheen
Sleepers and Mystic River also touch on Irish hoods.

JJ Farrell
JJ Farrell

December 11th, 2005, 7:52 am #7

You are forgetting some good movies such as Intermission and Ordinary decent Criminal. both set in ireland

December 11th, 2005, 7:51 pm #8

I hated Ordinary Decent Criminal! Not because it wasn't any good, but because Martin Cahill was a piece of shit and the title suggests otherwise. The IRA shot the scummy bastard dead because he was dealing with loyalist gangs in the north. With the money they made from him they bought guns and ran around Belfast murdering Catholics. Ordinary Decent Criminal my ass.

daly
daly

January 15th, 2006, 12:20 am #9

Anyone know any really great irish crime Movies? I mean like good movies. Martin Scorses Goodfellas shizznit. Or like Reservoir doggy style in your dome?
public enemy, angels with dirty faces two cagney movies real old but good cagney is one of the best actors to portray a new york g, he was an irishmen from yonkers, state of grace is good as well as ash wensday.

peter henry
peter henry

February 7th, 2006, 11:19 am #10

I hated Ordinary Decent Criminal! Not because it wasn't any good, but because Martin Cahill was a piece of shit and the title suggests otherwise. The IRA shot the scummy bastard dead because he was dealing with loyalist gangs in the north. With the money they made from him they bought guns and ran around Belfast murdering Catholics. Ordinary Decent Criminal my ass.

ordinary decent criminal was shit. spacey's acting was abismal, the worst i have ever seen him. if you want to see the real martin cahil story, watch "the general". it shows cahill in a better (more factual) light. cahill was a murdering scumbag, but it has never been proven that the 'ra shot him. they just took responsibility. many believe the murder was carried out by up and coming king pin john gilligan.