December 20th, 2012, 6:24 pm #21

Filip, thanks for the info on Best in Show and Well done Liam, you finished that one beautifully. I will finish the Provost over Christmas, it's a definate candidate for the KUTA GB. Your painting of it has to be seen by the wider community.
Thanks again
Opadag
IPMS Ireland
AMSIG

January 6th, 2013, 9:36 am #22

Our latest meeting was an unusual one, we didn't get 'Telford' slide show going for circumstances beyond our control, nevertheless it was an excellent meeting. I don't even remember if we had a time to sit down. A lot of chatter, christmas presents were out in force, we talked about the year ahead and we got a lot of business done too...
Mark has brought some of his newly acquired kits from Mach2 - a French and American strange vertical start prototypes in 1/72 and they should look very nice indeed once completed - never got photo of the kits - but... don't envy the work ahead of him, good luck with those!

Our Junior members brought their new kits and some finished and half finished models and they do look very well, like this Irish Army Bren Carrier:

Or Red nose Airacobra of our youngest member, seeing in front of the table with some other goodies:

Liam's KUTA build Corsair flew in and landed on the airstrip in the shape of Alan's new project 1:48 Dambuster Lanc and both of them look incredibly well:

and Filip's Hurricane from the same Group Build has seen the light of the day for the first time too:

Overall, it was enjoyable meeting in a dark and wet afternoon and we are already looking forward to our next meeting, which will be on at the usual time:
1st Saturday in February, which is the 2nd at 14.00 hrs at Atlantic Airventure Centre in Shannon
Last edited by FiSe on February 17th, 2013, 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Filip . . . .

January 30th, 2013, 8:58 pm #23

Just a reminder, Limerick/Shannon Branch will be on this Saturday as highlighted in my post above ^^^
Filip . . . .

February 3rd, 2013, 10:12 am #24

Last meeting of Limerick/Shannon branch of IPMS Ireland was slightly less attended than we got used to during the last few months, nevertheless business went ahead as per usual practice. Our meetings are split into two halves.
First is focused on the hobby, technique demonstrations and exchange of skills and knowledge gained during our time with plastic and there must be something we are good at and, hopefully, members of other branches will learn a bit from our original demos too.
Second half is more about club matters and branch business.

During the first half, Alan and Lindsay were presenting their Telford 2012 slide show presentation. And some amazing photos of some incredible models from this competition could be seen on the big screen.
Liam brought his well finished war weary P-47 in sea rescue configuration, Filip brought his Uhu ‘WIP’ and David had his Provost ‘WIP’ to discuss some potential future steps on this build.
During second half, our diaries were filled with dates of shows we will be attending during the year and, of course, our very own Munster Regional Competition has been discussed in details. It looks like that 2013 will be another busy and successful year for Limerick / Shannon branch.

Next meeting will be on the 1st Saturday of March, which is the 2nd at 14.00 at Atlantic Airventure Centre in Shannon.

Aeronautical Engineering meeting is held in Atlantic Airventure at the end of this month and we have been invited to have a small display on Friday the 1st of March in the same venue. More details about this one will be posted soon.
Filip . . . .

February 22nd, 2013, 11:56 am #25

Here are some of the events Limerick/Shannon Branch will be attending during this year, including dates for your diaries, with more details below the list:
  • 1st March - Engineering Ireland, Atlantic Airventure Centre, 10.00 - 18.00
  • 3rd of March - The Amateur Radio Society Ireland show, Radisson SAS Hotel, Limerick, 10.00 - 16.00
  • 7th April - Irish Die-Cast Show, West County Hotel, Ennis, 9.30 - 18.00
  • 25th & 26th May – IMSS Show, Collins Barracks, Dublin, 10.00 - 17.00 each day
  • 15th & 16th June - Conclave Ireland, Thomond Park, Limerick, 10.00 - 18.00pm each day
  • 25 August - Atlantic Airventure Open Day, Shannon, 10.00 - 17.00
  • 15th September - 3rd Limerick Diecast and Diorama Show, South Court Hotel, Raheen, Limerick, 10.00-18.00
  • 12th & 13th October – IPMS Ireland Nationals, Pearse Hotel, Dublin, 10.00 – 17.00 and 10.00 – 16.00
  • 9th & 10th November – Scale Model world Telford
  • 1st December - South of Ireland Model Railway, Hobby & Toy Show, Park Hotel, Charleville, 11.00 - 18.00
  • 15th December – Modelling Munster – IPMS Ireland Munster Regional Competition, Atlantic Airventure Centre, Shannon, 10.00-16.00
...and some details and notes to the above list:
  • We are usually having display on The Amateur Radio Society Ireland show, in the 1st quarter of the year, but so far there is no news on this one - updated with the latest info, see above
  • We have attended Cork Model Fair in November of last year and we, probably, will be attending again to promote Modelling Munster in Shannon, but this will be something which we will know closer to the date

Now, for the shows which we will be on:
  • Engineering Ireland, this is one day display and it’s on on Friday and it’s understandable that most people will not be able to be there all day or not at all – like myself.
    We have our branch meeting the following day - Saturday - in the same venue and if we can dump some of our models into the Atlantic Airventure Centre for display and collect them on Saturday that would be great... Please drop email or give a bell to Alan as he would be the man to talk to about it, I’ll send group email re this display soon.
  • Irish Die-Cast show, we gave it a miss last year and we have been asked to go back as many people were enquiring about our display on this show. This is general interest show, so anything from figures to boats and from cars and trains to aircraft and armour should be on the table and we have pretty large display area on this show waiting to be filled
  • IMSS Show, well, we know this one, Collins Barracks is a nice venue to wonder about and we’ll talk it through on some of our regular meetings, although I don’t think that we’ll be putting up any branch display here
  • Conclave Ireland, the biggest wargaming event in this country and invite from Garry of The Gathering is something which can’t be refused. We’ll put a nice general display and we’ll be promoting Modelling Munster as well as our Branch and Club. This will be a big one...
  • IPMS Nationals, our show in Big Smoke, this time and details will be processed as they will appear
  • SMW in Telford, we all know about that one...
  • South of Ireland Model Railway, Hobby & Toy Show in Charleville, it's only a short spin down. Chrleville shows are, usually, very busy and it is another unchartered teritory for us, so it might be a good idea to take a part on this one. We'll have to look into details and arrangements though
  • Modelling Munster, regional one day scale model show and public competition organised by Limerick/Shannon Branch, probably in mid of December to go together with Santa’s Arrival to the Atlantic Airventure Centre. According to the latest report, committee has been informed and agrees with this show and so we can look into date and get the ball rolling. The venue is good and, hopefully, we’ll get some of the Munster finest modellers on this show as well as, hopefully, day trippers from other counties. More details on this event are posted in this thread, so, please, check that link
:)
Last edited by FiSe on September 18th, 2013, 9:11 am, edited 4 times in total.
Filip . . . .

February 22nd, 2013, 12:35 pm #26

From what I've heard on the grapevine, it's a but up in the air where in Collins Barracks the IMSS show is going to be held. More than likely it'll be in the same building as a few years ago which means limited space. We may not be able to swing a table at all.

February 26th, 2013, 9:57 am #27

The list of our shows in my previous post has been updated with the latest info on The Amateur Radio Society Ireland show, which will take part this Sunday.
With small display on this Friday the 1st, scheduled regular meeting on Saturday the 2nd and this show on Sunday, it will be one busy weekend for our branch.

Our regular branch meeting will take place this Saturday 2nd of March, as it has been mentioned already and we'll be continuing with our 'finishing' techniques crash course and we'll be looking into boring, nevertheless necessary, theory and structure of every painted surface. We should be getting into layers, coats, primers, varnishes, scale effect and so on...
Apart from this lecture, we should turn nicely smooth streak free painted finish using paint brush - on Danny's request, so let's hope it will work and that I have got the theory right.

And we have a lot of business talk to do as well over cup of coffee and tea.

As usual, everybody is welcome. Members, non members, general public, Martians, we would like to see yis all there...

BTW, dry run of Modelling Munster banner in my signature area, what do you think?
Filip . . . .

February 26th, 2013, 11:40 am #28

FiSe wrote:The list of our shows in my previous post has been updated with the latest info on The Amateur Radio Society Ireland show, which will take part this Sunday.
With small display on this Friday the 1st, scheduled regular meeting on Saturday the 2nd and this show on Sunday, it will be one busy weekend for our branch.

Our regular branch meeting will take place this Saturday 2nd of March, as it has been mentioned already and we'll be continuing with our 'finishing' techniques crash course and we'll be looking into boring, nevertheless necessary, theory and structure of every painted surface. We should be getting into layers, coats, primers, varnishes, scale effect and so on...
Apart from this lecture, we should turn nicely smooth streak free painted finish using paint brush - on Danny's request, so let's hope it will work and that I have got the theory right.

And we have a lot of business talk to do as well over cup of coffee and tea.

As usual, everybody is welcome. Members, non members, general public, Martians, we would like to see yis all there...

BTW, dry run of Modelling Munster banner in my signature area, what do you think?
26 02 2013
Not to mention a look at the Sea Venom, the Bae Lightning cockpit and the Spitfire cockpit that the Atlantic Airventure recently took delivery. :)

Liam

February 26th, 2013, 2:09 pm #29

Sorry guys but I have to miss out on this weekend's activity - Duty calls I'm afraid. Will miss the 1-3 March plus 7th April. Would have liked to have stuff for this weekend, would any of the Luftwaffe Nightfighters be of any use? If so, could I drop them over to you Liam tonight (tuesday)??
BTW have the small stuff on the Provost, just leaving it to cure. Have weathered it a tiny bit. Must photograph it and post it up for general comment.
David
Opadag
IPMS Ireland
AMSIG

February 26th, 2013, 2:18 pm #30

Forgot about those cockpits, Liam... Well, that makes this meeting even busier than planned :)
Filip . . . .