Of course if you're using either Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome then you're in luck because you can install the ever so handy adblock extension.
You're in more in luck because I'm going to show you how.
Installing Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox
- Press the Alt key on your keyboard. That should bring up the toolbar menu above the browser tabs.
- Click on the Tools from the menu.
- Click on Add-ons, this will open a new window.
This is the new window you'll be presented with.
- Once you enter the new window the browser will start you off in the Extensions tab. Ignore it and click on the Get Add-ons tab instead.
- One again ignore everything here but the search bar in the upper right hand corner.
- Type in Adblock Plus and press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- The search shows up a list of options including Adblock Edge & Adblock Lite. Ignore them, they're are not the extensions you're looking for.
- Click on the link at the bottom: See all 119 results. You'll be taken to a new window.
This is the next window you're presented with and all you have to do is click on the Adblock Plus link.
Now just click Add to Firefox, it'll install and you're good to go. The next time you load a webpage with ad banners they'll be gone.