Forum rules
Rules for Trading Places [list]
[*]A member must have ten posts on the IPMS Ireland Forum before they can use Trading Places.
[*]One of the ten posts must be a representation of the members modelling projects; either a past or ongoing project will do.
[b] [i]Explanation: [/i] [/b] [i]The IPMS Ireland Forum is dedicated to building a community. We would encourage you to become an established member of the community before attempting to trade within it. Trading with established and trusted individuals is safer for the community overall. [/i]

[*]No links to eBay, Done Deal or other online sales sites.
[i] [b]Explanation: [/b] Trading Places exists to promote and facilitate direct trade between IPMS Ireland members. Off-site sales links will be removed. [/i]

[*]All requests to purchase items in a sales topic must be posted publicly in that sales topic for all other members to see.
[i] [b]Explanation: [/b] The IPMS Ireland Forum is dedicated to promoting an open atmosphere for members to engage in commerce. Attempting to buy items in a sales topic through private message can be misconstrued by other members as shady or underhanded. This causes unnecessary conflict. Any member found to be engaging in commerce through private message may find their sales topic removed. [/i]

[*]The IPMS Ireland Forum cannot be held responsible for any bad deals that occur on Trading Places. You engage in commerce on Trading Places at your own risk. If you do not feel confident in the member you are trading with then don’t do it.

[*]Only paid-up members of IPMS Ireland can put up items for sale, or can offer items for trade on the forum. (Anyone on the forum, of course, can buy or respond to a trade request.)
[i] [b]Explanation: [/b] Trading Places exists to promote and facilitate trade by IPMS Ireland members. Use of the facility is one of the perks of membership. [/i]
[/list]

Free Books

August 6th, 2017, 6:45 pm #1

Will take these into meeting Saturday .Reserve anything you fancy except Soldiers of Short Grass which is already claimed

Last edited by fs2005 on August 6th, 2017, 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 6th, 2017, 6:49 pm #2

Acthung Schweinhund is a very funny book about those crazy people involved in war gaming. Nothing like us modellers at all :D ;) :D
Pat McGrath

Work to become not to acquire

August 6th, 2017, 6:57 pm #3

At a quick glance one could ask how half these belong on a modellers forum or if crueller even state they were a collection of rom-coms/ chick lit but if you look closer and Google you might be pleasantly surprised !

Soldier For a Summer a book about an Irish Syrian freedom fighter is signed by author .
Last edited by fs2005 on August 6th, 2017, 6:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

August 6th, 2017, 7:00 pm #4

John - might as well be aware of modern Irish literature - can you bring me in the Sebastian Barry book please? Thanks,
Philip
Last edited by Prenton on August 6th, 2017, 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"To boldly go..."

August 6th, 2017, 7:12 pm #5

Sure Phillip , it's not a bad read even if I did put it aside for a year or so after barely reading a chapter .Every book has a military link , this features WW1, War of Independence and Gulf War .In fact it's got some lovely writing in it but his book 'A Long , Long Way ' is one of my absolute favourites .

August 6th, 2017, 9:30 pm #6

John,
Could I possibly give Acthung Schweinhund a new home if it is still available?

Thanks, Vincent.
Vincent
It's my hobby and I will enjoy it my way!

August 6th, 2017, 9:53 pm #7

Sure Vincent , it's yours .

August 7th, 2017, 5:01 pm #8

Cheers John ?
Vincent
It's my hobby and I will enjoy it my way!

August 9th, 2017, 7:03 pm #9

Destroyer Actions and Beware Raiders also gone now .

August 11th, 2017, 7:21 pm #10

Please shout if you want any of Rest taken in as I mightn't have room to take the others in