Decide our next Group Build

June 14th, 2017, 1:39 pm #31

35th-Scale wrote:I can't believe there is really that much interest in cars? :D
The smallest category at the nationals, we never see them at the monthly meetings, and yet they are in the lead?
You are absolutely right, Sean.

Only three folks, out of the nine votes for cars, have shown on this thread that they have an interest in being involved in a group build for cars. Only one other person, on the original proposal thread, can be seen to have shown an interest (the others there have opted for other ones, based on their input here)

Funny that.... :zip:

Some tactical voting, perhaps....... :-"

Philip
Last edited by Prenton on June 14th, 2017, 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"To boldly go..."

June 14th, 2017, 3:00 pm #32

Prenton wrote:
35th-Scale wrote:I can't believe there is really that much interest in cars? :D
The smallest category at the nationals, we never see them at the monthly meetings, and yet they are in the lead?
You are absolutely right, Sean.

Only three folks, out of the nine votes for cars, have shown on this thread that they have an interest in being involved in a group build for cars. Only one other person, on the original proposal thread, can be seen to have shown an interest (the others there have opted for other ones, based on their input here)

Funny that.... :zip:

Philip
...Or just some people who do not wish to nail their colours to the mast, the joys of the secret ballot. :shrug:

I will be watching this until the close of voting with interest to see how it pans out.

Pat, as proposer for the car GB and just to keep my options open, does a BTTF DeLorien with a flux capacitor count as a car? :unsure:
Last edited by Murfv on June 14th, 2017, 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vincent
It's my hobby and I will enjoy it my way!

June 14th, 2017, 3:34 pm #33

wrote:Pat, as proposer for the car GB and just to keep my options open, does a BTTF DeLorien with a flux capacitor count as a car?
yes absolutely as would certain transformer models :)
wrote:Now it's getting VERY depressing.... :( :(

There's still three days left- go over to the Facebook page and lobby
Personally I'd be happy with either SciFi or Cars

wrote:Some tactical voting, perhaps....... :-"

I don't really understand this are you saying people are voting for Cars to stop Scifi? what would be the point of that?

Pat McGrath

Work to become not to acquire

June 14th, 2017, 3:34 pm #34

Pats the boss but I couldn't see why not seeing it's a car just with some minor added extras ?

June 14th, 2017, 6:56 pm #35

Prenton wrote:
Could also be that there has already been a sci-fi GB in the past

I'm up for either

June 14th, 2017, 9:00 pm #36

I went for Cars for the simple reason I have a sizable stash but not a single Sci-fi subject.
Veni, Vidi, Velcro...I came, I saw, I stuck around.

June 16th, 2017, 5:44 am #37

Happy with either, to be perfectly honest. But doesn't the fact the voting is so close add to the fun of it? :shrug:
Glen

On the bench:
1/35 Revell Dingo GE A3.3 PatSi (mine protected APC)
1/16 Trumpeter T-72B1 with Kontakt ERA
1/35 AML-30 prototype
1/35 Djibouti BTR-60 with AML-90 turret
1/72 S-Models BMD w/scratch slat armour.
And about 100 other part built kits... ;)

"The sergeant is the Army." Dwight D. Eisenhower

June 16th, 2017, 7:41 am #38

of course it is Glen. The banter & slagging is all part of the fun too. Plus we have had 23 votes in total so far which I think is a record. Hopefully this will also be reflected in the number of participants, whichever one wins. I think this reflects the success of moving the GBs to 6 duration and months over-lapping with preceeding GB, but also the growing membership of the club and forum going from strength to strength.

Now, for those who have not yet voted: Vote Sci-Fi!

June 16th, 2017, 8:21 am #39

Absolutely!

The banter is all part of the fun...as is the canvassing for votes.

The greater interest in the group builds is clearly a reflection of the changed rules, brought in by the Committee last September, that each group build is six months long, and overlaps by three months with the one before it and the one after it. Prior to that, if there was a group build you weren't interested in, you had to wait for three months before participating (and you probably went off to another forum where there was a gb that you liked). Now, there is a good chance you will be involved throughout.

And I also agree with Sean on his last point:-

"Now, for those who have not yet voted: Vote Sci-Fi!"

:-"

Philip
"To boldly go..."

June 16th, 2017, 8:27 am #40

Prenton wrote:The greater interest in the group builds is clearly a reflection of the changed rules, brought in by the Committee last September,
After been proposed by one of the members from an island in the middle of the Irish sea. Good idea Manxman!