Peterborough Stars' sellout fair to their fans?

Peterborough Stars' sellout fair to their fans?

January 7th, 2012, 4:10 pm #1

The Peterborough Stars' dealing off of their assets may help pay the bills but it isn't exactly a ringing endorsement for a Peterborough team returning to the league next year.

Trading off Mike Hennessey, Tanner Davis and Ryan Donohoe who all have another year of eligibility after this one, isn't a good sign down to the road for the franchise.

If I were a Peterborough fan like jabcan or bigdogdante , I wouldn't be too happy.

It sure sounds like Mr Cathcart, the major financier of the team over the years has had enough and wants to cut his losses and run.

Who could blame him? It's his perogative as a business man of reasonable success in the trucking industry.

Problem is trying to find another buyer for a team that won't make the playoffs and telling their fans so, isn't an easy sell.

I really hope the league doesn't lose this one.

Stay tuned.

Wayjoy
x?S?8?|??pӡ?@? H???{?qI??Q?_?K??.??R?$mh????2I?p?0b?b?bbq?裖?[`???XGƔ?t?|\r??J}T?

January 7th, 2012, 6:12 pm #2

Wayne, there have been rumours floating, I've heard them since around October, that there is already a new owner ready to buy the team for next year. It is someone who already has ties to the organization.

January 7th, 2012, 8:14 pm #3

The Peterborough Stars' dealing off of their assets may help pay the bills but it isn't exactly a ringing endorsement for a Peterborough team returning to the league next year.

Trading off Mike Hennessey, Tanner Davis and Ryan Donohoe who all have another year of eligibility after this one, isn't a good sign down to the road for the franchise.

If I were a Peterborough fan like jabcan or bigdogdante , I wouldn't be too happy.

It sure sounds like Mr Cathcart, the major financier of the team over the years has had enough and wants to cut his losses and run.

Who could blame him? It's his perogative as a business man of reasonable success in the trucking industry.

Problem is trying to find another buyer for a team that won't make the playoffs and telling their fans so, isn't an easy sell.

I really hope the league doesn't lose this one.

Stay tuned.

Wayjoy
Selling a team not making the playoffs isnt the problem ,selling a team that break even in the best of years is ....

January 7th, 2012, 9:37 pm #4

Not if the parent of one of the players has the dough and wants to keep the team alive.

January 7th, 2012, 9:52 pm #5

"Not if the parent of one of the players has the dough and wants to keep the team alive."

Ya for a couple of years, running like annexpensive toy, then bailing out to the next sucker....great way to do business isn't it? I was down to an ECHL game few weeks ago and had chance to talk to their owner who also has a team in the Empire league...and he says he makes money with both clubs and there's almost no conflict with ownership parents

January 8th, 2012, 1:51 am #6

It pretty much goes without saying that Mr Savoy would want this team to fold. It will help to complete his plans to make this league better..........that's a joke.....haha

So there are two possible outcomes here.........

Will the current owner do the RIGHT thing and try to sell his team to someone from the community?

or

Will he do the GREEDY thing and contract?

as the stomach turns.............

January 8th, 2012, 1:57 am #7

The Stars will have a new owner next year, and still be in operation.

January 8th, 2012, 7:48 pm #8

Sharpie........I hope you are right.

January 8th, 2012, 7:50 pm #9

The Stars will have a new owner next year, and still be in operation.
I believe the Stars will be around and that things are being done to be positioned for success for next season. Everyone on board knew this was a re-building year and I hope the fans realize this and keep coming to support the boys. Great fan base and they deserve to see what next year will bring. I predict the Stars will be competing towards the top of the East next season.

January 8th, 2012, 8:48 pm #10

The League is not allowing the sale of any Teams so you can have 40 new owners ready to go. The League absorb. Watch