WWE NXT

WWE NXT

Nels
Nels

February 27th, 2010, 11:31 am #1

Was anyone here as insulted as I was by this piece of garbage? "Daniel Bryan has never wrestled in the WWE before tonight so what has he accomplished?" was one line I heard the voice over assholes saying.

"He's been wrestling in high school gyms in front of 50 people" was another.

Anyone that knows anything about wrestling knows that bryan Danielson has been wrestling for a decade in front of thousands every time out. He's headlined cards in Japan, too.

What is boils down to is that WWE thinks indy wrestling isn't as good as what they do. Sure, indy wrestling isn't as flashy or as stylized as what they do but some of the wrestlers that WWE has suck. Look at The Miz. Why is this goof being pushed? Santino? I mean, some of the local guys are better than some of the shit we see each week on WWE.

WWE NXT is an insult not only to bryan Danielson but to all of independent wrestling.

Thoughts? Flames? Anything?

- Nels

Joe
Joe

February 27th, 2010, 1:14 pm #2

I disagree with your statement. I thought this show was an interesting idea. Cole is playing the douche (which isn't a stretch). Another thing why should the WWE respect the indies? In all honesty why? Heck read the posts on this board, the indies don't respect the indies. As far as AmDrag is concerned, he is getting his shot. His first match on TV was against Jericho. Talk about a rub. They trusted him that much and he delivered. Jericho later posted on his twitter than Danielson will be a star. Heck, the dynamic between the ultra charismatic Miz and the vanilla "Daniel Bryan" will be entertaining in itself. I'm going to give this a fair shake. It could like so many other things wear out it's welcome cough WWECW *cough*, or it could take off.

February 27th, 2010, 2:35 pm #3

I agree with the second poster. I didn't like the shot at indy wrestling, but you can't take it personal. They are painting Bryan's character, saying "yes he did all of these things" BUT "this is WWE". The WWE superstars are the ones that should take it personal and that was the story, with Jericho/Miz/Cole running down Bryan and making him "pay his dues".

Watch this one play it; it has the potential to be one of the best angles they've done in a long, long time.

February 27th, 2010, 4:17 pm #4

Nels, you're a fucking mark. IT'S A WORK, BUDDY!

February 27th, 2010, 5:02 pm #5

McMahon should have low budgeted bingo hall/school gymnasium set the show. Regardless of his thought he knows that its these small time places that are getting him millions of dollars. Start at the bottom and draw the fan base cause his ways arent working any more.

February 27th, 2010, 6:03 pm #6

The whole thing they are doing with Danielson is a work to piss off the internet fans, and its working great. The whole comments they make on indy wrestling, you can't argue. Danielson has a ton of credentials, but WWE is the big time. Whats better performing 50 great matches for ROH, or performing just 1 great match at a Wrestlemania?

Nels
Nels

February 27th, 2010, 6:07 pm #7

I realize that it's a work. But, some in the WWE really feel that way, namely Mcmahon. He has it in his mind that WWE is everything and anything else is second rate. Sorry, but even though its a work, its a work in very poor taste.

February 27th, 2010, 6:11 pm #8

How else can your company be successful if you yourself don't believe it's successful? I mean having the mindset that you're the best and you always will be.

As for WWE respecting the indies, like someone said before, the indies don't respect themselves. Have you seen some of the things on here? The Cleveland wars, whatever the deal was with that Ice dude recently, the 304/UWA/SWA/CWA debacle.. all of it. I love the hell out of indy wrestling, I've done camera and been around it for three years, and I know ALL indy wrestling isn't that way, but things like that give WWE no reason at all to take it seriously.

February 27th, 2010, 6:17 pm #9

Whether you like WWE or hate it, everything else to WWE is second rate. There is no other promotion in the world that generates the money and publicity that WWE does. You can not compare any indy company, even ROH to WWE. Sure ROH has some great wrestling, and is able to bait in fans pretty easily to believing in them, but they aren't even near the level of WWE.

Nels
Nels

February 27th, 2010, 6:54 pm #10

I am not a huge WWE fan anymore anyways and this just adds to this. I know about the indy wars out there. That is why I don't subscribe to the hate that goes on on this board. I come here and skip 99% of the messages on here. I like the show results and ads but that is about it.

But, I will go to my grave believing the NXT angle is in very poor taste. Sorry, but even though WWE;s production values are the best, that does not make their matches that way. Wrestlemania used to be something special. Is it anymore? To me, not really. Its just another one of their overprice, overhyped and middle of the road pay-per-view events. I go to indy wrestling because you don't know WHAT is going to happen. Something fun always happens. Usually very little of wrestlers talking on the mic and NO back stage skits.

I record WWE shows (except NXT) on my Directv box. And when I watch them back, I only watch the matches. This means I can watch Monday Night Raw in about 45 minutes (sometimes less). Superstars isn't bad. Isn't great either.

Most WWE matches are predictible and stupid. That is why I don't even rent WWE PPV DVDs from Netflix anymore (Except Wrestlemania).

I like indy wrestling because most of the time, you don't know WHAT is going to happen...

- Nels

BTW, anyone know if there is going to be a DVD from FNW's first Ches-A-Rena show?