Wrestling show at a gay bar?

Wrestling show at a gay bar?

December 15th, 2009, 4:37 pm #1

If a wrestling show was ran at a gay night club do you think that would effect how they are able to draw in the area or do you think fans will just see it as another show that just happens to be in a night club for gay people?

December 15th, 2009, 4:56 pm #2

i think it would effect your straight male fan base, but there is only one way to find out

December 15th, 2009, 5:15 pm #3

If it could be done in a way that wouldn't alienate homophobes, it would definitely increase the draw.

December 15th, 2009, 5:30 pm #4

Wouldnt a wrestling show in a gay bar basically turn into live "entertainment".

Im not saying it COULDNT work but im a bit afraid it would be like a group of girl holding a bikini contest in a sports bar during a football game and wondering if the guys are gonna be turned on buy it.

December 15th, 2009, 6:47 pm #5

Having a wrestling show in a gay bar could be a great idea or an equally disastrous idea. I am assuming that this would be on a night the bar is usually closed and regular patrons would not be there unless they wanted to pay to see the show themselves... With the gay club environment, I really do not see it being a great combination... I think advertising at gay clubs would be a great idea to tap into a usually forgotten market in this highly homophobic industry, but a show itself in a gay club might give people the wrong image as to what the show would actually be... would be be your average show one would see on WWE television or will it be men in g-strings wrestling in jello. It is a gutsy move and one not many would be willing to make that is for sure, would love to know how it would turn out and what the attendance would be for that show and then the one after it...

December 15th, 2009, 6:56 pm #6

... rumors eh?

December 15th, 2009, 6:56 pm #7

Having a wrestling show in a gay bar could be a great idea or an equally disastrous idea. I am assuming that this would be on a night the bar is usually closed and regular patrons would not be there unless they wanted to pay to see the show themselves... With the gay club environment, I really do not see it being a great combination... I think advertising at gay clubs would be a great idea to tap into a usually forgotten market in this highly homophobic industry, but a show itself in a gay club might give people the wrong image as to what the show would actually be... would be be your average show one would see on WWE television or will it be men in g-strings wrestling in jello. It is a gutsy move and one not many would be willing to make that is for sure, would love to know how it would turn out and what the attendance would be for that show and then the one after it...
I have a meeting set up with a bar on Saturday about running shows there. It is the largest gay night club in Northeast Ohio, as well as being one that is frequented by just as many straight people as gay people, though it does still have the label of gay bar on it. Hopefully I'll have more details after this weekend.

December 15th, 2009, 7:35 pm #8

1.Will Pat Patterson be there?
2.If you recieve a blow job does that mean I am gay?
3.Glory holes?
4.HLA?

Thank you.

All kidding aside, that would be a GUTSY move. good luck.

December 15th, 2009, 9:56 pm #9

Just please say it's NOT a another Cleveland Fed. God knows we have enough.

December 15th, 2009, 11:11 pm #10

its more than likely jay miller running a show at the interbelt in akron because its prolly the only place tht will have him