Will ROH return to Pittsburgh in 2010?

Will ROH return to Pittsburgh in 2010?

Terry Nolder
Terry Nolder

March 14th, 2010, 7:28 pm #1

I would like to see ROH come back to Pittsburgh this year. Anyone else?

March 14th, 2010, 9:30 pm #2

Will ROH survive 2010?

March 14th, 2010, 9:59 pm #3

ROH broke their attendance record at the last TV tapings. They have HDNet and an internet PPV next month. The future is bright.

TNA is a different story...

March 15th, 2010, 9:37 pm #4

I would like to see ROH come back to Pittsburgh this year. Anyone else?
Don't hold your breath. The attendence was around 400 which is not good for them and the crowd was dead. Sounds like with Cornette they are trying to break into more Southern cities then anything. And if you have noticed they have drastically cut back on the amount of shows they are running.

March 15th, 2010, 10:18 pm #5

400? It was closer to 1400, maybe better. They had standing room only in the Arena, after pulling out extra chairs.

March 16th, 2010, 1:29 am #6

i think by 400 he meant the last ROH show here

ROH has always sucked and only catered to smart marks who live and die on 'workrate'

Compare TNA drawing here and ROH drawing here and you tell me

March 17th, 2010, 3:21 pm #7

HAHAHAHAH. I love seeing that sombody thinks its an issue to "live and die on workrate". Isnt that what matters most?? Its better than all these stupid indy promoters that have one of theyre buds as champ just because he can talk on the mic. Should mic skills matter? Ofcoarse. Should they put you above a guy like Austin Aries as far as in ring goes? Not ever.

Tim
Tim

March 17th, 2010, 5:21 pm #8

Chuck Roberts stated ont he Mayhem show that IWC is going to scale back on their shows and only have 3 big ones in Elizabeth. Lets say ROH comes back in November a few weeks before IWC's Big Call to arms show that will feature some of the bigger indy names. How much steam will IWC lose if the fans see the ROH show with a lot of the bigger indy names like Davey Richards, The Kings of Wrestling, Colt, Daviri, Aries ectra?

Even without that kind of situation more competion especially from a company the caliber of ROH can't be a good thing for IWC. Especially with the direction Chuck talked about leading IWC to.

**NOTE** I'm not saying Chuck's direction is bad. In fact I'm planning on going to Super Indy on May 8. I'm just stating my opinion based on facts. Kenny V told me ROH drew over 1,000 fans Last March. IWC's next big shows Super Indy nights 1 & 2 didn't even match half of ROH's draw combined.

March 17th, 2010, 6:19 pm #9

You think into this too much Tim. Some fans might realize what ROH is and perceive their stars to be "larger" than those in IWC, while others are going to go in with a clean slate and watch a "rasslin" show. I don't think it hurts either company's product.

Tim
Tim

March 17th, 2010, 7:59 pm #10

but what about draws. Less than two months before ROH came back Norm ran a show with over 1,000 fans. After ROH they weren't even at their regular levels. If ROH didnt play a part in that then what did? Come on! You really think more competition wouldn't hurt IWC? Atleast in the short term.