Alan
Alan

February 29th, 2012, 2:15 am #11

I knew no one could honestly say that I have bad hair lol. Josh hit me up on my email lionheat1985@yahoo.com or in Twitter @EricSteel I'll give you my cell from there.
Follow that magnificent bastard!

March 1st, 2012, 12:00 am #12

Eric Steel is a super-over heel with a great gimmick, his own style, can shoot, can work and can talk business into a building. Also, trained by Tracy Smothers.

Anyone who has a problem with Steel clearly lacks any fundemental understanding of professional wrestling.
**Anyone who has a problem with Steel clearly lacks any fundemental understanding of professional wrestling.**

Thats a joke right? Eric quit stroking your own ego. If you were that good you'd be in the E or traveling overseas.

Eric Steel
Eric Steel

March 1st, 2012, 3:51 am #13

While I appreciate the compliment from whoever it was that posted that it wasn't me. So post with no name and talk shit
if you want, Im a huge supporter of the 1st ammendment, but don't be a pussy be a man an stand behind your words.

With that said, once again I wasn't the one who posted that. On a scale from 1-10 (the punks/danielsons being 10s) I consider myself a 6 or 7 tops. I feel no need to put myself over.

Scott Powers
Scott Powers

March 1st, 2012, 9:40 am #14

For a big boy i think he can move pretty good myself.
Sure he isn't in the WWE but who is ?.

March 1st, 2012, 8:50 pm #15

While I appreciate the compliment from whoever it was that posted that it wasn't me. So post with no name and talk shit
if you want, Im a huge supporter of the 1st ammendment, but don't be a pussy be a man an stand behind your words.

With that said, once again I wasn't the one who posted that. On a scale from 1-10 (the punks/danielsons being 10s) I consider myself a 6 or 7 tops. I feel no need to put myself over.
So according to you more than half as good as CM Punk and Danielson? And you feel like this because you worked Southern Ohio and WV exclusively for how many years? Each region or area has a different work rate and you could keep up with the guys out in CA like the PWG guys or could hack with folks that work out in NY and Jersey area?? Ive seen you and you arent that good.

March 1st, 2012, 8:53 pm #16

For a big boy i think he can move pretty good myself.
Sure he isn't in the WWE but who is ?.
The problem is him saying if you dont like Eric Steel you dont understand the basics of the business. Which is the biggest load of shit Ive ever heard. Who voted that Eric Steel was the prototype wrestler/worker? SEriously? We should all strive to be on the level of Eric Steel? A sloppy 400 pound guy with a hairy back and a perm?? Wow, no wonder the indies are not taking seriously.

Eric Steel
Eric Steel

March 1st, 2012, 10:01 pm #17

So according to you more than half as good as CM Punk and Danielson? And you feel like this because you worked Southern Ohio and WV exclusively for how many years? Each region or area has a different work rate and you could keep up with the guys out in CA like the PWG guys or could hack with folks that work out in NY and Jersey area?? Ive seen you and you arent that good.
Actually I've worked WV, OH, IN, NC, SC, GA, AL, TN, MS, PA, and KY. I said a 6, maybe a 7 because wrestling isn't about what moves you do it's about gettig heat and emotion from the crowd and that's something I've always been able to do. If I wanted Im sure I could be booked every weekend but I don't even try to get booked because I have a lot going on in my real life.

I'm 330lbs and run 5Ks so my cardio is fine. My back is hairy, so what? The whole shaving fad was started by gay promoters who like pretty boys who look like models, not wrestler that look like real men. As for me having a perm that's truly hilarious. I don't have to defend myself from your words, people are just being plain ignorante. I'm not on here bashing anyone or anything, I actually have respect for people. If I was going to bash someone i'd be brave enough to leave my name.

I'm tierd of the foolish comments on here and I'm not going to do this anymore becase it's truly "unprofessional". If you want to have a face to face with me then you know how to contact me.

Eric Steel
Eric Steel

March 1st, 2012, 10:04 pm #18

Oh yeah an Arkansas, can't forget them. I loved working there.

March 2nd, 2012, 6:08 am #19

Actually I've worked WV, OH, IN, NC, SC, GA, AL, TN, MS, PA, and KY. I said a 6, maybe a 7 because wrestling isn't about what moves you do it's about gettig heat and emotion from the crowd and that's something I've always been able to do. If I wanted Im sure I could be booked every weekend but I don't even try to get booked because I have a lot going on in my real life.

I'm 330lbs and run 5Ks so my cardio is fine. My back is hairy, so what? The whole shaving fad was started by gay promoters who like pretty boys who look like models, not wrestler that look like real men. As for me having a perm that's truly hilarious. I don't have to defend myself from your words, people are just being plain ignorante. I'm not on here bashing anyone or anything, I actually have respect for people. If I was going to bash someone i'd be brave enough to leave my name.

I'm tierd of the foolish comments on here and I'm not going to do this anymore becase it's truly "unprofessional". If you want to have a face to face with me then you know how to contact me.
Wrestling IS about the moves you do actually. ANYONE can get heat by bad mouthing someone in the crowd, or playing super nice to get cheers. Thats usually why its the LAST thing they teach you when you get trained--if you were trained properly--and teach you how to correct apply moves, and bump etc FIRST. Why to expose yourself Eric...

Shaving was started by a gay promoter??? Wow who told you that and who was this gay promoter since apparently all the top draws in the business dont have a hair back werent told the same thing you were lol.

March 2nd, 2012, 9:53 am #20

After reading this I felt the need to respond. I need to make it clear I do not know Eric. I also want to be clear that I do not think that wrestling should have all cookie cutter guys that all look the same and wrestle the same. Wrestling needs big guys along with little guys. Skinny guys along with fat guys, and so on. There is no problem when it comes to his weight from me, as long as he can go when he needs to. My issue is the back hair comment. From a personal standpoint back hair is absolutely gross. I can assure you that every woman in the world feels this way. I would have to think most guys do so as well. So personally I would be so grossed out seeing Eric, or anybody with back hair for that matter. Most normal non athletic guys that have back hair get rid of it, thankfully. This is something that is personally Eric's choice to do or not do. Not doing it I feel is being lazy, but his choice. The problem I feel is that when you are an athlete that goes out and performs in front of a crowd, you have a responsibility to make yourself presentable as possible. Not doing so makes not only yourself but any promotion that your work for look so second rate. Anybody watching is now getting the impression that this company is so bad that they employ fat hairy back guys. The fans never get the chance to say man that fat guy can work because the are instantly drawn to his look and instantly get the bad impression by it. When calling yourself a pro anything that sets you above the rest and you need to live up to the pro standards. In this day and age when the big time wrestlers all are muscled up and look the same that sets a tough standard that people need to meet. These days it is much harder for fat guy to get over like a Dusty Rhodes did in the past. Even in Dusty's day very few wrestlers were hairy anywhere. It just was not acceptable. It had nothing to do with being gay. It was all about putting yourself above the rest. These days this is never acceptable. When you are already at a disadvantage with being fat, you really need to be a professional and shave your back. Your other arguments were acceptable, this is not in any way. Stop being lazy and be a professional. Do not talk about being a pro when you are not willing to do what it takes to be one.