what is wrong with indepedent wrestling?

what is wrong with indepedent wrestling?

in and around the business
in and around the business

July 9th, 2011, 9:01 pm #1

Well I am glad you asked. There are a few simple reasons why indy wrestling does not work around cleveland anymore.

To start off the promoting is just awful....do you know why the wwe doesnt care about the internet? Because its only 20 percent of wrestling fans. So promoting your shows on this board, in and around the internet is great, but you are only going to reach about 20 percent of the wrestling public. Mostly workers. What happened to the days of flyering every car you see, walking in heavy bar districts handing out your flyers for the show? Hanging flyers in every window of a business that would let you? These are things you dont see anymore, and it has hurt the indy's around here significantly. A parent that has a couple of kids that are before there teenage years isnt checking the internet for wrestling shows, but if there kids hear about it enough, they will want to go, family of five at your show...

Everyone shit talks everyone. I know this for a fact, as I hear it all the time. Everyone is always out to get everyone. No one wants to work together to build a really strong promotion, like back in the regional days. There was a point in time where there was pretty much nothing in this area but NEPW, CAPW, and MCW....and they all drew pretty well, they all promoted the shit out of there shows. Now you turn on STO and see tons of empty seats on PWO tv, firestorm empty, aiw empty. A bunch of workers working there asses off for a couple of people.

Nobody wants to listen to a 25 minute promo.

Nobody wants to see crappy wrestling, its a art form, and it needs to look real. If as a fan, you go to a wrestling show you are not going to watch a "fake" fight. You are going to get out of your mind for a few hours, belive in what your watching, like your at the movies. This is hard to do when it looks hokey, or just plain bad. There are a ton of good workers around here, there should be no excuse for this.

Pay everyone that works for you, enough said. They are busting there ass for you, they deserve something. Not the "name" that you brought in that really only drew you a handful of people. The solid core that you have is what drew there friends and family, witch make up 75 percent of your crowd. Make sure they are taken care of so they do the same job next time around when it comes to promoting YOUR show to everyone THEY know.

If you suck, stop putting your shit on youtube, you are giving the business a bad name.

Make your shows interesting, no one wants to see the same shit every show.

Just a few suggestions, agree, or rip it apart, either way it doesnt matter.

July 9th, 2011, 9:10 pm #2

You are also dismissing the fact that CAPW,NEPW.and MCW were all operating during a boom period of pro wrestling. The busisess has evolved the only way to make money is cater to the internet and market your dvd releases internationally

July 9th, 2011, 9:59 pm #3

thats not evolution, thats DE-volution, the opposite of evolution

the majority of those in the business today do not respect wrestling, nor treat it with respect, even some of the ones who think they do, you have all helped destroy it and i really dont think it can be fixed

July 10th, 2011, 12:39 am #4

"Pay everyone that works for you, enough said."

True that.

July 10th, 2011, 2:04 am #5

Everyone knows everything thats wrong with the fucking indy wrestling scene. All you know it all sum bitches need a reality check. Fuck you and do this do that. Indy promotions that do poster, do radio, do commercials, and do everything that you assume needs to be done arent racking in the dough dumb asses. Try doing more then showing up for a god dam show doing nothing to help the promoter, or promotion and playing pro wrestler. Try taking 10/20 tickets and sell the things. If every worker sold 20 tickets at $10 a pop, and kept even $2 off every ticket not only would they make a pay day but they help a promoter cover the expenses to make your appearing possible. Make you play wrestler for one night possible. Everyone wants to shit on a promoter or promotion but how many of you are willing to say "Mr Promoter, I'd like to try something. Every ticket I personally sell I get $2 or such off of". For the sake of the business do something and make it better. Hell my high school student daughter gets 20 steak fry tickets and for every one she sells she gets a $1 off of that goes toward her fees for cheering camp. The do the same thing for other functions too. Quit trying to say whats wrong and fucking step up.

July 10th, 2011, 2:03 pm #6

I totally agree with you cause in reality everyone worker on the show is a promoter of their own product and if no one is there to see them they dont sell shirts or photos and they get paid

July 10th, 2011, 2:12 pm #7

I also agree every body wants something for nothing, and when they don't get it they blame everyone else instaed of looking in the damn mirror. Posters cost money, radio and TV are nuts and even the local papers get yea.I try to get as many fans as I can to come to the shows I'm on and my promoter give me $2.00.

July 10th, 2011, 6:42 pm #8

its easy, you guys are all dickheads

July 10th, 2011, 10:25 pm #9

Truth hurts

In and aroumd thw e
In and aroumd thw e

July 11th, 2011, 5:36 am #10

Well I am glad you asked. There are a few simple reasons why indy wrestling does not work around cleveland anymore.

To start off the promoting is just awful....do you know why the wwe doesnt care about the internet? Because its only 20 percent of wrestling fans. So promoting your shows on this board, in and around the internet is great, but you are only going to reach about 20 percent of the wrestling public. Mostly workers. What happened to the days of flyering every car you see, walking in heavy bar districts handing out your flyers for the show? Hanging flyers in every window of a business that would let you? These are things you dont see anymore, and it has hurt the indy's around here significantly. A parent that has a couple of kids that are before there teenage years isnt checking the internet for wrestling shows, but if there kids hear about it enough, they will want to go, family of five at your show...

Everyone shit talks everyone. I know this for a fact, as I hear it all the time. Everyone is always out to get everyone. No one wants to work together to build a really strong promotion, like back in the regional days. There was a point in time where there was pretty much nothing in this area but NEPW, CAPW, and MCW....and they all drew pretty well, they all promoted the shit out of there shows. Now you turn on STO and see tons of empty seats on PWO tv, firestorm empty, aiw empty. A bunch of workers working there asses off for a couple of people.

Nobody wants to listen to a 25 minute promo.

Nobody wants to see crappy wrestling, its a art form, and it needs to look real. If as a fan, you go to a wrestling show you are not going to watch a "fake" fight. You are going to get out of your mind for a few hours, belive in what your watching, like your at the movies. This is hard to do when it looks hokey, or just plain bad. There are a ton of good workers around here, there should be no excuse for this.

Pay everyone that works for you, enough said. They are busting there ass for you, they deserve something. Not the "name" that you brought in that really only drew you a handful of people. The solid core that you have is what drew there friends and family, witch make up 75 percent of your crowd. Make sure they are taken care of so they do the same job next time around when it comes to promoting YOUR show to everyone THEY know.

If you suck, stop putting your shit on youtube, you are giving the business a bad name.

Make your shows interesting, no one wants to see the same shit every show.

Just a few suggestions, agree, or rip it apart, either way it doesnt matter.
Untitled