What happened to BDW?

What happened to BDW?

November 5th, 2011, 12:06 am #1

I know they are still running shows, or at least I think they are. Their web site has been down for months now, and there is no way of knowing about their events unless its through a workers face book. From what I heard Rikk only posts updates on his personal face book account, so I guess he assumes every fan is friends with him on there? When will BDW be running next? What happened to the web site, and will it be back up? Where can we go for now to get news?

`
`

November 5th, 2011, 12:19 am #2

`
Last edited by indymessageboard on November 5th, 2011, 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 5th, 2011, 12:42 am #3

`
Last edited by indymessageboard on November 5th, 2011, 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 5th, 2011, 2:47 am #4

Being what I would call a friend of Rikks I dont think he would mind if I respond and give an update. I wont put anything here that Rikk would not tell you himself if you emailed him or contacted him.

As many have seen if you look over page after page, thread after thread, you will notice BDW does not use the indy board to promote, update, results of shows, nothing. Rikks perspective, as with many, this site tends to be full of nay sayers and know it alls. People that know more about stirring shit, talking shit, and slandering the indy scene over really supporting it. Yes there are some good threads here and great information but generally people want to put their two cents in and ruin good threads with bullshit. However I will do my best to answer your questions.

The website is still available just not at the name .com. That is because the Insurgentz angle played out had Scott McFly with a percentage of the company and he was to broke to pay for the renewal. The angle has played out well with things but they havent completely ended it so Rikk has maintained the site is still under McFlys control.

BDW has ran pretty steady in Moundsville WV at the Eagles. Recently Rikk has held a couple outdoor shows where he works in Moundsville. He has benefited with his new job and it looks like thats a pretty big help to BDW in the area. Rikk has contacted promotions in PA and OH about getting them some help and support by the company he works for too. The Moundsville Chamber of Commerce has met with Rikk on a few occasions regarding BDW becoming a bigger part of the Moundsville community. I know some other interest in BDW has developed too but I am not aware of a lot there.

Rikk announced that BDW was returning home in 2012. By home that will be Martins Ferry Ohio where BDW really done well. Research that and see they were drawing 200 300 monthly and had their most success. I know the roster is looking forward to that.

Rikk recently announced the return to Brilliant Ohio for the D.A.R.E program that endorses BDW. Again this is where some of their bigger crowds have been too. Upwards of 250 300 at times.

A couple other things I know are happening is the community Rikk lives in is working to get a facility for him to hold events in. Elected officials have grown to support Rikk because of his supporting activities, events away from BDW there. I think 2012 will be a pretty good year for BDW with some new places hes looking to hold events.

Rikk is a good guy. People that talk shit on him and BDW dont know Rikk. Get to know Rikk if you dont know him. Honestly hes the first person any promotion could appreciate. Really mean that. I personally seen Rikk busting his ass at the PWX Anniv show like it was his own show. Hes done this with other promotions. Not for the fame or hooplah but he genuinely loves the business and knows what it takes and the work it takes to. The very first RWA show he went to he stepped up and took the lead to get Feelbads ring repaired so the show was a success. Ask around and you will see guys support Rikk. Support BDW. Not many promoters are straight forward and dont hide behind lies and bullshit. Rikk is one of the few that I would call my friend and mean it. Ups and downs good and bad Rikk takes the full blame for low draws, poor shows.

November 5th, 2011, 3:02 am #5

"The website is still available just not at the name .com. That is because the Insurgentz angle played out had Scott McFly with a percentage of the company and he was to broke to pay for the renewal. The angle has played out well with things but they havent completely ended it so Rikk has maintained the site is still under McFlys control."

DUMBEST thing I have EVER heard, and I am a fan of BDW! Why would you use an angle to confuse the fans away from getting information??? I didn't even know the Insurgentz was the "reason" why BDW's site has been down. Want to know why? Because I had no web site to explain that to me. What kind of logic does that serve? Rikk works himself way too much, rather than working the fans instead. He is so over concerned about "competition" which are promotions that nobody knows of except him and he loves giving them publicity by talking about them. Seriously though, how much is a .com, I think there are sites where you can pay 10 dollars A YEAR for a .com if you already have a host. Thats pathetic to use an angle which is now dead, at least I would assume so, to get away from renewing a .com name. I have also heard Rikk posts more news on his personal face book than he does anywhere else, and I guess he expects every BDW fans is on his face book?? Not to mention there is now a BDW facebook page and he never even updates that. Again, he works himself more than he works his fans. He assumes because he knows what is going on, everybody else should. Workers don't even know whats going on with BDW half of the time.

November 5th, 2011, 3:44 am #6

I am going to second that with DUMBEST thing I have EVER heard. You can blame the boards and other companies for your lack of promoting, but there is nothing to blame for the website but stupidity.

November 5th, 2011, 4:08 am #7

Rikk is a nice guy, but has a long history of making not so smart moves. This is just one of many examples. I have noticed that he likes to work himself on his facebook and stuff like that too. I think he needs to just stick with the basics. Use his own face book account for his personal stuff and of course promoting shows, but don't use it to run angles when 99% of your fans aren't ever going to see it, thats just a bit much. Use the BDW face book to promote shows and angles like any other promotion does, and dont be a mark for your own BS. Never mentioning other promotions that use shitty talent would help too, but guys have been trying to bash that into his head too, but he gets too much of a kick out of thinking he is sending them some kind of message.

November 5th, 2011, 8:39 am #8

The problem with places like BDW is they can not take any constructive criticism. Of coarse there are shit talkers here but when there is one legit gripe against BDW it is just blamed on bashers and it does not matter if it is true or not. Just wait. Sooner than later some jerkoff will post in this post about us bashing BDW.

November 5th, 2011, 1:56 pm #9

Sometimes theres more to something you you may know of. No one knows whats going on in Rikks life or what help he needs. Its easy to say you need to do this and that but that takes help. I think he should work with someone and pull their resources.

November 6th, 2011, 1:53 am #10

I know they are still running shows, or at least I think they are. Their web site has been down for months now, and there is no way of knowing about their events unless its through a workers face book. From what I heard Rikk only posts updates on his personal face book account, so I guess he assumes every fan is friends with him on there? When will BDW be running next? What happened to the web site, and will it be back up? Where can we go for now to get news?
Who are the top underrated guys in West.V