update on 3 day run Duggan is in for HTM

update on 3 day run Duggan is in for HTM

Rock Parsons
Rock Parsons

April 7th, 2011, 1:09 am #1

I would like to thank the webmaster for taking the message off about the Honky Tonk Man as this was not correct. I will show anyone the receipt that was proof of purchase of an airline. So my e-mail is above, and I have a copy that I will clip and send you. But what I am about to say in no means do I think of HTM as a bad person, nor do I trash anyone or use foul words to make a point. In 28 years and over 1100 shows, 3,000 matches, and booking several dozen names since 1982. I will leave this situation up to you. Tommy Rich has worked over 100 times with me. Ricky Morton and I where talking tonight and my son pointed out that Friday in Circleville Ohio, that it will be the 6th different state that he has worked for me in. Over the last 15 months we have been in WV, OHIO, TN, GA, ALA, and VA. So you don't do that and screw people over. And I don't believe there has ever been a named performer that could say I stiffed them. I went home losing money, but they never did, and thats including HTM. So here is the deal. I had my wife purchase an airline ticket for HTM. I confirmed it and he told me he recieved the confirmation. About an hour later, he e-mailed me to say his name was spelled wrong. His name is Roy Wayne Farris, which is what I wrote for my wife to type in the name spelled that way and I went off to circleville to finish my postering there. She spelled it Ferris. Ok, I get the e-mail from Wayne and I call the airport and they said this is no big deal and we will correct it. However, I would not get a 2nd confirmation with the change since I bought the ticket through a discount source. So I sent this update to Wayne and he e-mailed me an hour later saying it was still wrong. He must not have red the e-mail correctly because I told him there was no 2nd or changed confirmation but it was corrected at the airline counter. He then started asking me about motels and sent an e-mail on tues that said he would pull the plug if I didn't have his motel and ticket corrected by 5 my time (he lives in Ariz) This was sent around 3 in the afternoon and I didn't even look at it till 6 or 7 that evening. And since it was from a phone some of the words didn't look right so I wasn't sure what all he was asking. I called and received no answer. I then called the airline and ask how I could proof to him this was corrected. First the guy said that Farris and Ferris and having his birthdate, the name Roy Wayne Farris is not common that they most likely wouldn't even notice one letter, and I had even ask Wayne for his home address and had that added on so when he pulled the ID they would have his NAME, HOME ADDRESS, AND HIS BIRTHDATE, which they don't even ask for address but I figured in case the change wasn't made correctly or something they would have even more info then normal. So he told me when looking it up that it had been corrected. And that if it would make it easier, he gave me a customer service number and he could call, give the number, and it would say it was changed. So ok, that sounds normal. But not to HTM. He decided it was too late, and he still didn't know where he was staying. Again this is from e-mails from his phone, which I would call and he wouldn't answer. I talked to several names that were friends and ask them if this sort of thing ever happened to them (since we use different names) and in 4 phone calls 2 guys said it happen, they pulled ID, then the people sent them to customer service and it took 5 minutes to fill a form out and sent them on, no problem. The real anger in me was this airport is local for him, and why was he trying to kill a 3 day run? I can only assume that he either had a better pay day, or he was holding me up. I mean if this bothered him, why not call the number? How can you argue with that? I mean it makes no sense. I even gave him the motel names for sat and sun, and the extra point here is I was flying him in thur night so that he wouldn't be stiff from a long flight on the same day, and in case of flight trouble, which was costing me an extra $60 in motel fees bit agreed to do it. I also had 3 shows and added an autograph deal during sat and took no money for myself to help a local business do a live broadcast. So this was 4 pay days in 3 days time not counting selling gimmicks at all four. So why was this happening? He also knew that thur night another worker was giving me a deal on a room near the pittsburgh airport where he flew in before, with the same guy handling it. He was also the guy who ran him around for 3 days the last time we did this. I had him one date and someone else had him 2. So he was happy about this guy being involved. So point is what is wrong here? Once again he ask me about a room. I said the other guy e-mailed you and said do you want the same place or do you want something closer? I mean I can't pay for something when I don't know which place and this has never been an issue with anyone in 28 years, I mean are we going to leave him on the street? I pay $331 for a airline so he would have no where to stay? Come on!!! what does this guy want from me. At one point I even said, if this has been a hassle too you etc... then I will give you $200 more to let you know that everything is fine, but I have sponsors and charities involved and no one in the wrestling business could figure out what was wrong with my deal since Tna and WWE where the only people running 3 straight days and we normally draw well. I will say right here that you promoters don't ever offer more money and I broke a golden rule but hate like hell to kill a town. So I did what I thought was right and went to my book and started seeing with 3 days before the run who I could get. Well let me tell you. I got Jim Duggan, new WWE HOF, and he cost more, with little chance for me to get the word out, and means more, and I had to pay double for the flight to just get him here but was not going to kill these towns and there are going to be alot of surprised people to see a guy fresh off wrestlemania, which blew as a ppv but Duggan had nothing to do with it. So yes I got $700-$800 dollars more in the show, but was tired of this game and every name I talked to told me this could happen with HTM and I was tired of dealing with it and to tell you the truth I really wouldn't beleive him if he said he was coming. I paid this guy a year or so ago in Kingwood and had no problems, and he had no complaints. So I didn;t know what to do because I felt he was going to jump. And the part that really pissed me off was his lack of talking on the phone like a man. There was no sense in that. I admitted my Wife typed it in wrong, I corrected it. I also flew him in a day early or planned too and would pay $60 or whatever extra for his room. He said he had to tell his family where he was so I needed to know what motel so I told him the name of the one in pittsburgh that we used before. But what the hell, you have a cell phone, thats how people find you. So if you have read this correctly. Its for promoters benefit to understand that we really shouldn't have to pay these guys more than Vince would and get jerked around. I mean none of this made any sense and I jumped through hoops for this guy for 18 hours. He didn't want to do radio interviews. He wasn't putting over any of my talent. He in truth was never ask to do this and said he didn't want to work local guys. Which most of you know I don't have many anyway. So here was the guys and you tell me whats wrong with them FRANK PARKER (18 YEARS TRAINED BY VALIANT) DAVID YOUNG (TNA FOR 7-8 YEARS) DAVID LYNCH (TRAINED BY GEORG SOUTH, STALLION AND I THINK MAYBE A LITTLE WITH VALIANT)worked since 1992. I sent this same list of names and said this bit about not working locals. So what was this? Was it I say show up and sell gimmicks and I will put you in a 2 min match? Sorry, need not apply here. And please before anyone says something about this. Consider this. Duggan cost me more, I can't do much promo about him because of the ransome deal and not having much time. I am going to have him on the radio (HTM wouldn't do this) and hopefully people will hear this. Farris is liable for the ticket in his name and offered to refund me (I thought it was misspelled?) he also sent me an e-mail which I have kept them all, saying at 3 in the morning my time that if he could call the airport and confirm the ticket he would come. Really!!! Wow!!!! and now I have no interviews, no work rate, and I am sure the autograph deal would be screwed up so was I going to finally get my wish???? No thanks, guys I am not mad at Farris, I have been insulted, he is borderline liable for things here and I ask him to not slam me any further. I beieve now he has a little helper which look at this for waht it is. I have a business, not an individual like him, my business is liscensed and is a real company, not some local made up name. I was willing to keep his action private but he wouldn't stop with the BS and he won nothing on this deal other than an airline for $331 which has been turned into my credit card company and my local bank. I have never meant a promoter that would stiff someone by sending an airline ticket. My wife made a mistake on the name. She even called him once and he wouldn't answer the phone. This is all BS and I still don't see what was the point other than holding our for more since any problem was fixed. Whether the name was spelled wrong or not, still means he admits I sent the ticket. So who knows the whole atory and frankly I don't care other than I better have $350 back in the next 48-72 hours. I will see if his word is good on that. So he is right he won't be there, and I believe that once people see Jim Duggan that they won't care anyway, but we will tell them ahead of time. Thanks and hopefully this will help some of you. Rock Parsons

April 7th, 2011, 3:10 am #2

rock whats your email address?

April 7th, 2011, 3:14 am #3

e-mail above or here as well, sorry forgot that and thanks for remindering me

roman18us@yahoo.com

April 7th, 2011, 3:28 am #4

Sounds like HTM is a diva

April 7th, 2011, 4:26 am #5

well I hate that this happened and really didn't want to post anything about it. But when the guy said he got stiffed I mean come on, we never did that to anyone. You know its a matter of what you want to get into and I guess if I would have paid some mark price I wouldn't have had a problem. But you are correct in the sense that it was a fit for no real reason and we corrected the mistake, and as I said after a day in a half he wants to come, but what about the people and what if he doesn't come? I mean I sent the airline in trust, but how much further when this stuff starts do you trust. To be totally honest I fixed the ticket thing which was an honest mistake corrected in 10 min. And then it was I need the hotel names? Who cares about the names for a motel for Sat and Sun on tuesday. My Gosh we are going to pay him for 3 days and get an autograph session going and we expect him to sleep in a car? No one has ever done this, and it wasn't about the ticket or the rooms it was like my friend always says, "Its not about what there saying, its about the money" And thats about as honest as you can be and I hate this happened but its over and hopefully everything is going to be great. thanks for the post and support, Rock

Anna
Anna

April 7th, 2011, 4:41 pm #6

I would like to thank the webmaster for taking the message off about the Honky Tonk Man as this was not correct. I will show anyone the receipt that was proof of purchase of an airline. So my e-mail is above, and I have a copy that I will clip and send you. But what I am about to say in no means do I think of HTM as a bad person, nor do I trash anyone or use foul words to make a point. In 28 years and over 1100 shows, 3,000 matches, and booking several dozen names since 1982. I will leave this situation up to you. Tommy Rich has worked over 100 times with me. Ricky Morton and I where talking tonight and my son pointed out that Friday in Circleville Ohio, that it will be the 6th different state that he has worked for me in. Over the last 15 months we have been in WV, OHIO, TN, GA, ALA, and VA. So you don't do that and screw people over. And I don't believe there has ever been a named performer that could say I stiffed them. I went home losing money, but they never did, and thats including HTM. So here is the deal. I had my wife purchase an airline ticket for HTM. I confirmed it and he told me he recieved the confirmation. About an hour later, he e-mailed me to say his name was spelled wrong. His name is Roy Wayne Farris, which is what I wrote for my wife to type in the name spelled that way and I went off to circleville to finish my postering there. She spelled it Ferris. Ok, I get the e-mail from Wayne and I call the airport and they said this is no big deal and we will correct it. However, I would not get a 2nd confirmation with the change since I bought the ticket through a discount source. So I sent this update to Wayne and he e-mailed me an hour later saying it was still wrong. He must not have red the e-mail correctly because I told him there was no 2nd or changed confirmation but it was corrected at the airline counter. He then started asking me about motels and sent an e-mail on tues that said he would pull the plug if I didn't have his motel and ticket corrected by 5 my time (he lives in Ariz) This was sent around 3 in the afternoon and I didn't even look at it till 6 or 7 that evening. And since it was from a phone some of the words didn't look right so I wasn't sure what all he was asking. I called and received no answer. I then called the airline and ask how I could proof to him this was corrected. First the guy said that Farris and Ferris and having his birthdate, the name Roy Wayne Farris is not common that they most likely wouldn't even notice one letter, and I had even ask Wayne for his home address and had that added on so when he pulled the ID they would have his NAME, HOME ADDRESS, AND HIS BIRTHDATE, which they don't even ask for address but I figured in case the change wasn't made correctly or something they would have even more info then normal. So he told me when looking it up that it had been corrected. And that if it would make it easier, he gave me a customer service number and he could call, give the number, and it would say it was changed. So ok, that sounds normal. But not to HTM. He decided it was too late, and he still didn't know where he was staying. Again this is from e-mails from his phone, which I would call and he wouldn't answer. I talked to several names that were friends and ask them if this sort of thing ever happened to them (since we use different names) and in 4 phone calls 2 guys said it happen, they pulled ID, then the people sent them to customer service and it took 5 minutes to fill a form out and sent them on, no problem. The real anger in me was this airport is local for him, and why was he trying to kill a 3 day run? I can only assume that he either had a better pay day, or he was holding me up. I mean if this bothered him, why not call the number? How can you argue with that? I mean it makes no sense. I even gave him the motel names for sat and sun, and the extra point here is I was flying him in thur night so that he wouldn't be stiff from a long flight on the same day, and in case of flight trouble, which was costing me an extra $60 in motel fees bit agreed to do it. I also had 3 shows and added an autograph deal during sat and took no money for myself to help a local business do a live broadcast. So this was 4 pay days in 3 days time not counting selling gimmicks at all four. So why was this happening? He also knew that thur night another worker was giving me a deal on a room near the pittsburgh airport where he flew in before, with the same guy handling it. He was also the guy who ran him around for 3 days the last time we did this. I had him one date and someone else had him 2. So he was happy about this guy being involved. So point is what is wrong here? Once again he ask me about a room. I said the other guy e-mailed you and said do you want the same place or do you want something closer? I mean I can't pay for something when I don't know which place and this has never been an issue with anyone in 28 years, I mean are we going to leave him on the street? I pay $331 for a airline so he would have no where to stay? Come on!!! what does this guy want from me. At one point I even said, if this has been a hassle too you etc... then I will give you $200 more to let you know that everything is fine, but I have sponsors and charities involved and no one in the wrestling business could figure out what was wrong with my deal since Tna and WWE where the only people running 3 straight days and we normally draw well. I will say right here that you promoters don't ever offer more money and I broke a golden rule but hate like hell to kill a town. So I did what I thought was right and went to my book and started seeing with 3 days before the run who I could get. Well let me tell you. I got Jim Duggan, new WWE HOF, and he cost more, with little chance for me to get the word out, and means more, and I had to pay double for the flight to just get him here but was not going to kill these towns and there are going to be alot of surprised people to see a guy fresh off wrestlemania, which blew as a ppv but Duggan had nothing to do with it. So yes I got $700-$800 dollars more in the show, but was tired of this game and every name I talked to told me this could happen with HTM and I was tired of dealing with it and to tell you the truth I really wouldn't beleive him if he said he was coming. I paid this guy a year or so ago in Kingwood and had no problems, and he had no complaints. So I didn;t know what to do because I felt he was going to jump. And the part that really pissed me off was his lack of talking on the phone like a man. There was no sense in that. I admitted my Wife typed it in wrong, I corrected it. I also flew him in a day early or planned too and would pay $60 or whatever extra for his room. He said he had to tell his family where he was so I needed to know what motel so I told him the name of the one in pittsburgh that we used before. But what the hell, you have a cell phone, thats how people find you. So if you have read this correctly. Its for promoters benefit to understand that we really shouldn't have to pay these guys more than Vince would and get jerked around. I mean none of this made any sense and I jumped through hoops for this guy for 18 hours. He didn't want to do radio interviews. He wasn't putting over any of my talent. He in truth was never ask to do this and said he didn't want to work local guys. Which most of you know I don't have many anyway. So here was the guys and you tell me whats wrong with them FRANK PARKER (18 YEARS TRAINED BY VALIANT) DAVID YOUNG (TNA FOR 7-8 YEARS) DAVID LYNCH (TRAINED BY GEORG SOUTH, STALLION AND I THINK MAYBE A LITTLE WITH VALIANT)worked since 1992. I sent this same list of names and said this bit about not working locals. So what was this? Was it I say show up and sell gimmicks and I will put you in a 2 min match? Sorry, need not apply here. And please before anyone says something about this. Consider this. Duggan cost me more, I can't do much promo about him because of the ransome deal and not having much time. I am going to have him on the radio (HTM wouldn't do this) and hopefully people will hear this. Farris is liable for the ticket in his name and offered to refund me (I thought it was misspelled?) he also sent me an e-mail which I have kept them all, saying at 3 in the morning my time that if he could call the airport and confirm the ticket he would come. Really!!! Wow!!!! and now I have no interviews, no work rate, and I am sure the autograph deal would be screwed up so was I going to finally get my wish???? No thanks, guys I am not mad at Farris, I have been insulted, he is borderline liable for things here and I ask him to not slam me any further. I beieve now he has a little helper which look at this for waht it is. I have a business, not an individual like him, my business is liscensed and is a real company, not some local made up name. I was willing to keep his action private but he wouldn't stop with the BS and he won nothing on this deal other than an airline for $331 which has been turned into my credit card company and my local bank. I have never meant a promoter that would stiff someone by sending an airline ticket. My wife made a mistake on the name. She even called him once and he wouldn't answer the phone. This is all BS and I still don't see what was the point other than holding our for more since any problem was fixed. Whether the name was spelled wrong or not, still means he admits I sent the ticket. So who knows the whole atory and frankly I don't care other than I better have $350 back in the next 48-72 hours. I will see if his word is good on that. So he is right he won't be there, and I believe that once people see Jim Duggan that they won't care anyway, but we will tell them ahead of time. Thanks and hopefully this will help some of you. Rock Parsons
From a fan's point of view, I think that Jim Duggan is a more than suitable replacement for Honky Tonk Man...so glad that I got our tickets already! It's going to be a great show, and I'm sure the stands will be full of fans who will not be disappointed...I know two that definitely won't be upset about the swap. What are some matchups on the card?

April 7th, 2011, 6:16 pm #7

In the original post it was never stated that he got stiffed nor was any disparaging remarks made about the promoter or promotion. All it stated was that HTM would not be there due to issues with the plane ticket which was admitted to. Don't know where the rest of the stuff came from unless there were posts after the original that were also taken down. So I don't really see why the original post was taken down. Duggan is a good replacement. Best of luck.

Rock Parsons
Rock Parsons

April 7th, 2011, 7:04 pm #8

From a fan's point of view, I think that Jim Duggan is a more than suitable replacement for Honky Tonk Man...so glad that I got our tickets already! It's going to be a great show, and I'm sure the stands will be full of fans who will not be disappointed...I know two that definitely won't be upset about the swap. What are some matchups on the card?
Jim will be in the one of the mains and will be Wrestling Frank Parker for the IWWA TV Belt. Frank is well know in Tn, VA area and won the TV title at a tounament in Morgantown in Aug. Ricky Morton, and Tommy Gibson vs TNA David Young and TN All-Star Sigmon in a tag match. Also Ladies title match and depending on what happens in Circleville the night before they will be several matches for TV. This is all being taped for TV which will Play in Parkersburg soon on Suddenlink. The contracts for TV will be finished soon and We will be on in Parkersburg, Clarksburg, and Buckhannon area in the next 4-5 weeks. Thanks and you are correct it will mean more with Hacksaw fresh from Wrestlemaina, and thanks for kind words, Rock Parsons (say hey when you get there)

Anna
Anna

April 7th, 2011, 10:27 pm #9

Thank you for posting some of the matches...sounds like its going to be a great show. Will the doors still open at 5:30 for a meet and greet? My daughter wnats to get some autographs and pics if possible. Also, any local talent booked? Just curious. Thanks.

April 8th, 2011, 3:50 am #10

HTM is an ass. Glad someone else learned this.