Untitled

Untitled

thejuice072
thejuice072

December 24th, 2010, 11:06 am #1

kuval released.... lololol at the wwe and its ignorance as it comes to creating a good product. Better for the indy fan I guess, assuming he does indy shows again.

December 24th, 2010, 1:45 pm #2

just goes to show how out of touch the WWE
is..winner of the second season of NXT and they don't have
anything planned for him? how about a run against bryan danielson?
he's working coming up 1/28 for ICW in Queens NY, but
you can bet ROH will jump on the chance to get him.

December 24th, 2010, 2:27 pm #3

It does prove the WWE is a place that you should not go to as they will simply destroy you, this si one of so many cases where they dropped the bal.

December 24th, 2010, 2:38 pm #4

So WWE dropped the ball with Low Ki. Yet, the company makes billions of dollars annually and 50 people (23 paid) will clamor see Low Ki in a garage somewhere next weekend.

Yep, the WWE dropped the ball.

December 24th, 2010, 6:17 pm #5

To the previous poster please wipe the WWE jizz from your chin I also see stains of you drinking the Kool-Aid.

I don't care if the WWE is a world wide company that makes millions, it does not change the fact that they are cookie cutter wrestling. Each match must follow the same rules, no originality please, please only stick to your signature moves, please do not innovate anything new, etc etc and blah blah blah.

To quote MVP on this one.

"How do you know he didn't "get rid" of WWE ?"

Scott Gee
Scott Gee

December 24th, 2010, 7:11 pm #6

I gotta agree on that,Low vs Bryan would and could have put the WWE with the indy marks.

December 24th, 2010, 7:16 pm #7

To the previous poster please wipe the WWE jizz from your chin I also see stains of you drinking the Kool-Aid.

I don't care if the WWE is a world wide company that makes millions, it does not change the fact that they are cookie cutter wrestling. Each match must follow the same rules, no originality please, please only stick to your signature moves, please do not innovate anything new, etc etc and blah blah blah.

To quote MVP on this one.

"How do you know he didn't "get rid" of WWE ?"
Will WWE lose money from getting rid of Kaval? No. However, did they drop the ball on creating a great addition to their roster? Absolutely. What is the most important thing in WWE? The consumer. Kaval won NXT season 2, based on fan votes and worker votes. Kaval managed to recieve great reactions everytime his theme song hit, and had solid performances every time he went out to the ring. Many will question his promo skills, however he proved he could hold his own on the mic in NXT, and even had a good promo challenging Ziggler to the IC title at the Survivor Series PPV.
I really think WWE needs to get a better creative team. Their team is based on guys who have a tremendous amount of experience in the ring. However when has being a good in ring worker EVER transitioned into writing an entire wrestling show?! They are old guys, out of touch with society, and you can see it in most of their angles. Sure they have their hits, and their hits are great. However people are always questioning why wrestling hasn't gone through another big phase, and I don't think you are going to see that as long as you have the current creative. Shit on Russo all you want, but he knew how to create interest in EVERY single wrestler on the roster when he wrote. From the squash guys like Too Cool, to the main event guys like Steve Austin. Sure, the wrestlers were the main factor in that, but thats because they were given a chance. Look at the roster now, and more than half of the guys have no character, and I don't think its any fault of their own. WWE is said to be desperately looking for talent, I think they need to desperately be looking for TV writers maybe even more so.
Obviously this has not much to do with Kaval, but Kaval is a great example of somebody who could have been given a MUCH better chance. If Kaval asked for his release, I can see why. I disagree, as I think he should have waited it out a little longer. However if WWE released him, they need to really elaborate to the young guys in this business as to what they are looking for in a wrestler. If they truelly don't know, then there is no reason to ever release another worker again, because they are just doint their job.

December 24th, 2010, 8:00 pm #8

I gotta agree on that,Low vs Bryan would and could have put the WWE with the indy marks.
Who cares about the indy marks? WWE is looking at the millions of people tuning in, not the few thousand that bitch all over the internet. It's shortsightedness like this that cripples our business. Go after the largest possible audience not the small pool of critics.

I think the one poster gave Russo too much credit. It's obvious he's not a genius because look at what he's done (or rather, not done) with his stints at WCW and TNA.

I believe too many people fail to watch the shows anymore and comment on spoilers and results. The product itself is becoming more "old school" in nature. Give it more time to mature and I'm sure the next wrestling boom is around the corner. For those with an open mind, we actually have wrestlers getting real heat (Miz, Nexus, etc.) and genuine face pops, as opposed to ramming someone down your throat, and actual wrestling matches with real finishes (rollups, heel distractions, managers/valets involved, countouts, DQ's and more!) It's not the same old run-in shit and hit someone with a chair or table (sans the latest PPV hype of course.)

Granted, not every person has a spot compared to the Attitude Era, but the writers are also writing two TV shows for TV seperate rosters now. Wrestlers are given gimmicks and scripted far more than that era too. It makes many things generic, because 2-3 writers are creating the pulse of the show rather than 20 plus wrestlers all with unique ideas.

Who's to say that Kaval wasn't frustrated, didn't fit in, had troubles with management, didn't want to be on the road or a slew of other issues other than WWE "firing him because they didn't like him." Fans need to realize it's a two-way street and wrestling isn't everything. The same people that want Stone Cold or the Rock to return need to wakeup and realize one can't wrestle anymore and the other isn't interested in doing so. Kaval may be in the same situation and good luck to him doing whatever makes him happy.

And to the poster that actually thinks that Kaval "won" NXT season 2 based on votes: you're a mark! It's all a work to get these guys over. I liked NXT because it had the feel of a performance based reward system, ie. guys like Eli and Titus bombed out fast based on their poor outings. NXT was designed to get over a handful of people and it worked on many levels.

Finally there isn't a single worker that would turn down working for WWE. Unless you're financially secure, or don't want to leave the armories and bingo halls, I have to believe most of the bashers would take the job, do what they're told and keep doing it until their release papers came.

December 24th, 2010, 8:40 pm #9

WWE doesn't care about the indy marks. Indy marks shit on just about everything. I wouldn't care about them either.

Kaval? Really? What kind of stupid name is that?
From the same people who gave us Kizarney, I guess.

OBVIOUSLY, a tiny, yet talented guy with a stupid name wasn't going to do anything for WWE. He did get a chance.

It's time to get his insurance license and make a living.

December 24th, 2010, 10:51 pm #10

couldn't get over in a strip club if he had a half kilo of blow and a wad of 100's.

not with the mass market fans, at least.