the death of pro wrestling

the death of pro wrestling

September 4th, 2011, 11:44 pm #1

Do you guys think since the UFC is going to be on fox that it will now kill what's left of wrestling?

September 5th, 2011, 12:04 am #2

With Sinclair taking on Ring of Honor, local Fox
will be carrying it. This is more of a way that
Fox is posturing themselves in the market place. NBC is signing
up for NHL and the Verses (VS.) channel will soon become NBC Universal,
a sports network that will eventually be head to head with ESPN
(currently owned by ABC.)

Scott Powers
Scott Powers

September 5th, 2011, 2:19 am #3

I thought it already died a few years ago.

September 5th, 2011, 4:56 am #4

Ya it died a few years ago, thats why WWE sells out just about everywhere they go.

September 5th, 2011, 7:21 am #5

To kids and the casual fan,
If you are a real fan can you say WWE is a great program?

September 5th, 2011, 8:25 am #6

It has had several deaths
1: Owen Hart died
2: Chris Benoit murder by Kevin Sullivan
3: Misawa dies in ring in Japan
4: macho Man died
5: Vince buys up regional stars
6: Santino Marella kills the Boogiemans gimmick
7: HHH marries Stephanie McMahon for power

September 5th, 2011, 9:19 am #7

It has had several deaths

1: Owen Hart died
-That happened during the Attitude Era, and I think people understood it was a freak accident. Because it did not seem to cause a loss in ratings or merch/ticket sales.

2: Chris Benoit murder by Kevin Sullivan
-Definitely hurt wrestling, but other professional sports have had athletes do similar things. It wasn't WWE's fault, but it definitely wasn't good for their product.

3: Misawa dies in ring in Japan
-This doesn't effect wrestling fans in the US, where wrestling is supposedly dieing. Another freak incident uncontrollable. I do agree wrestling is decaying, reviving, decaying, reviving, and theres a cycle of that going on, but it is not dead.

4: macho Man died
-I don't see how that harmed wrestling, it was from a heart attack/car accident.

5: Vince buys up regional stars
-Definitely hurt wrestlers, but I don't think it hurt wrestling. Vince turned it into a global empire, and look at WrestleMania.

6: Santino Marella kills the Boogiemans gimmick
-Bingo! Santino laughing at Boogeyman in OVW in front of 100 people is what did it all.

7: HHH marries Stephanie McMahon for power
-Hopefully HHH has a mind to fix wrestling's flaws when he legit takes over with Steph. I think its ignorant to say he married her for power though, because he already had some power prior. Its very possible being on the road with the same people just about every day, legit relationships develop.

September 6th, 2011, 1:50 pm #8

Do you idiots know that a casual fan is someone that DOESN'T watch wrestling all the time? Quit throwing around words you don't know. Arenas don't get filled up with ticket buying CASUAL fans. They get filled by marks just like you!

September 6th, 2011, 2:55 pm #9

I do not watch wrestling all the time maybe at the most 5 hours a week and I do not go to events and shows I hate crowds

September 7th, 2011, 1:31 am #10

I do not watch wrestling all the time maybe at the most 5 hours a week and I do not go to events and shows I hate crowds

______________________________________________________________________________________________

So you watch raw every Monday 2hrs, Impact for 2hrs or an hour i don't really know how long its on, and then your 2hrs of Smackdown. You call yourself a casual fan? What an idiot!!!