RWA and other thoughts.

RWA and other thoughts.

Kato
Kato

June 5th, 2012, 2:48 pm #1

To whom may care,

I've had quite a few people mention to me that my name has been coming up here. After reading the threads, I'll address a few things. I completely understand that this opens me up to more criticism but, I'm fine with that.

First off, unrelated to anything written about me lately; I wish continued success to IWC and PWX. There are so many guys in these two companies that I genuinely enjoy being around including but not limited to Scottie Gash, Chris Lerusso, Chuck Roberts and many others. I've shared many laughs with these two rosters and hope for the best for them.

Most importantly in this thread, I must defend Zubov. Someone called him "Kato's asshole friend". He is one of the most genuinely great guys I have ever met. He is like a brother to me and never has a cross word to say about anyone. The world would be a better place with more people like Zubov in it.

Onto the real topic at hand, RWA. Understand, I am fully committed to RWA. I am in a role that I offer up opinions to make the product better. I love this role and will continue so long as Feelbad allows me to, offer suggestions to improve RWA. With that being said, I am not the boss. The success of RWA is completely as a result of the hard work that Feelbad, the talent and the crew put into RWA. Im just there as a secondary guy to help Feelbad.

Just a few thoughts on things being said about me, I did not kill DCW, CWF or FNW. At the time of their closings, I was not in any way the booker or even champion. I loved all three of these companies and their fans and was sad to see them go but, that was completely out of my hands. (By the way, CWF will be back on July 14th, check cwf-online.com for more details)

As far as KCW, I accept full responsibility for the closing of KCW. We ran into obstacles that would have once never even slowed me down but, after 8 years of running, I was tired. I did everything myself and just lost that fire. I regret it often but, it was probably for the best. The company still wasnt losing money when it closed so it went out on a good note in my eyes.

For someone who posted that Im too bossy in the locker room, thats fair. I expect the best from everyone around me. Id gladly discuss your issue with you at the next show if youd like. Im not throwing down a challenge or anything, Id genuinely like to talk to you about your thoughts.

Anyone who thinks I have an agenda at RWA, you are right. I want to grow the company. If they means cutting some guys then so be it. If it means making unpopular decisions, so be it. My only goal at RWA is more asses in the seats. That means good booking, good promoting, good talent and maximum effort by the talent.

I will monitor this thread for a few days and answer any legitimate questions.

Have a great day and support Indy Wrestling,

Kato

June 5th, 2012, 3:23 pm #2

As I'm sure you know or have been told, the reason Quinn/Jim and PWX stopped letting RWA guys work for them is because they claimed they had evidence of Derek ripping down flyers, calling PWX fans, and offering free tickets to his event for people that did not attend PWX. Do you know if any of that is true? Or was it a ploy on the part of PWX to get their workers to believe that is the kind of person Derek is? I'm interested in an honest response from you and what you know to this question as there seems to be 2 totally different stories being told by RWA and PWX. If the claims aren't true, why would PWX choose to not have Mitchell, Shane Taylor, and Jimmy Nuts work their shows? Something has just never seemed to add up on this situation. Maybe, you aren't at liberty to answer the question, but hearing your thoughts would be interesting.

Kato
Kato

June 5th, 2012, 5:01 pm #3

I've actually spoken to Feelbad about this numberous time. He told me he did no such thing. He has given me no reason to this point to doubt his honesty.

Feelbad has had a bad reputation around due to his early days of using backyard guys. With that being said, our conversation are always geared toward upgrading and moving forward. We can't change the past but can change the future. We are on the same page as far as making the RWA roster as good as possible. Feelbad is trying to make up for his past mistakes and trying his best to bring a great product to West Newton.

I don't think it was a ploy by Quinn. My dealings with Quinn have been nothing but honest. My opinion, based on very little concrete evidence, is that this was stirred up by a few nosy fans and even less disgruntled workers. This is a way for a fan to feel important and a few workers to get revenge.

The talent split with RWA and PWX really hurts no one but the boys. It cuts off a place for a lot of guys to work once a month. We aren't really competing for fans due to the distance between venues. My hope is this ends so everyone can wrestle as much as possible.

Great question. I would answer ones like that all day.

June 5th, 2012, 7:30 pm #4

What is the ACTUAL status of Mitchell? The board goes nuts with bullshit about him, but being as you are back there and he has announced that the cage match will be his last for a while, what is actually going on there?

Also, how much stroke does he have in RWA, is he booking?

June 5th, 2012, 8:54 pm #5

if you guys arent competing for the same fans since you run so far apart why do RWA flyers consistently show up no more than a few feet from the buildings that IWC and PWX run? why are flyers in the areas that IWC and PWX run consistently ripped down and replaced with RWA flyers? the "disgruntled workers" and "fans" thing is such a cop out answer Kato. numerous workers have told people that Derek encourages people to flyer near "the competitions" venues and tear down their flyers and replace them with RWA flyers whenever possible. And the fans in West Newton are laid back country folk that would never go to Elizabeth or McKeesport and flyer other towns. Thats too far out of the way for them and way out of the question.
Why not just tell the truth and admit you are up Feelbad's ass now because hes the only promotion that would give you the slightest bit of power? How about you touch on the fact that the last few RWA shows have been really lackluster since you started "giving advice"???? I'm wrong for even playing into your game since youre really just a washed up never was looking for attention but I just cant resist a chance to piss you off and regardless of what your no doubt arrogant reply will be, I know this reply pisses you off. Keep living the dream Ken! you're the best weapon to use against RWA! Your track record with CWF, FNW, DCW, KCW etc is stellar!!!!! much love!

xoxoxo

June 5th, 2012, 11:05 pm #6

Im confused by the roster. Guys like jimmy nutts are still in the midcard, while a guy like ryan edmonds moved up to main event. Thats just one example. How much of it is politics?

Kato
Kato

June 6th, 2012, 1:38 am #7

if you guys arent competing for the same fans since you run so far apart why do RWA flyers consistently show up no more than a few feet from the buildings that IWC and PWX run? why are flyers in the areas that IWC and PWX run consistently ripped down and replaced with RWA flyers? the "disgruntled workers" and "fans" thing is such a cop out answer Kato. numerous workers have told people that Derek encourages people to flyer near "the competitions" venues and tear down their flyers and replace them with RWA flyers whenever possible. And the fans in West Newton are laid back country folk that would never go to Elizabeth or McKeesport and flyer other towns. Thats too far out of the way for them and way out of the question.
Why not just tell the truth and admit you are up Feelbad's ass now because hes the only promotion that would give you the slightest bit of power? How about you touch on the fact that the last few RWA shows have been really lackluster since you started "giving advice"???? I'm wrong for even playing into your game since youre really just a washed up never was looking for attention but I just cant resist a chance to piss you off and regardless of what your no doubt arrogant reply will be, I know this reply pisses you off. Keep living the dream Ken! you're the best weapon to use against RWA! Your track record with CWF, FNW, DCW, KCW etc is stellar!!!!! much love!

xoxoxo
Oh well, not everyone is going to like me. Is there a question in that post?

As far as anyone's push or lack there of... the cream always rises to the top. I'm only interested in the reactions of live crowds. Not the opinions of a few people on the internet.

June 6th, 2012, 1:46 am #8

Not interested in the opinions of a few people on the internet...
But goes on internet message board and asks for feedback....

Yeeeah.

June 6th, 2012, 5:28 am #9

>>>>>
Not interested in the opinions of a few people on the internet...
But goes on internet message board and asks for feedback....
>>>>>

You sir, WIN!

June 6th, 2012, 12:53 pm #10

Kato, all the promotions that you have been involved in that have had a long run (KCW, IWC, FNW, PWX) have all had 1 big thing in common and that is a training school. In my view the school lets you develop new talent that will stay loyal to you and also work for cheap. And as we've seen in the past few months I think RWA has had trouble keeping guys loyal and in a lot of people's opinion has had trouble filling the lower card with outside talent. Is there any plan to change this? don't you think in the end it will be hard for RWA to just keep waiting for other companies to train young talent and then for Derek to try to pay to bring them in? Even if he is able to, it seems that in that sense most everyone on the roster would have loyalty or #1 loyalty to another company.