Rumor Mill

Rumor Mill

Detox
Detox

April 17th, 2011, 5:44 am #1

The rumors circulating around include the following...

Norm Connors is ready to return to wrestling with a big fish to put money into something new and that fish is Rob Feinstein.

People at IWC are sick and tired of Super Homefry or rather short dude with the played out Japanese gimmick barking orders at everyone. He has short man's complex and a bad attitude.

Jim Miller is about to start a cage fighting promotion, to finally draw a crowd.

The father of Sam Elias is about to start his own promotion.

Dustin wants to switch feds.

April 17th, 2011, 6:31 am #2

Ummmmmmmm doesnt Sams Dad Own FNW by himself ....... or is he half owner with T.

April 17th, 2011, 6:52 am #3

The rumors circulating around include the following...

Norm Connors is ready to return to wrestling with a big fish to put money into something new and that fish is Rob Feinstein.

People at IWC are sick and tired of Super Homefry or rather short dude with the played out Japanese gimmick barking orders at everyone. He has short man's complex and a bad attitude.

Jim Miller is about to start a cage fighting promotion, to finally draw a crowd.

```````i always thought norm was a very smart guy. so unless hes just talking cash from feinsten and not having him involved in any way, thats not so smart.

```````why miller never draws great is because he doenst try to. hes always been satisfied with the same crowd and thats one thing that obviously has never changed. when i found out about pwx in the mid-late 90s it was because it was on tv that reached many hours away so people actually knew about it. having a tv show these days isnt the answer but advertising always is. a cage fighting fed would probably draw, but just like with wrestling if people dont know about it, there not coming.

````````like the other guy said fmw.

`````?

http://indywrestling.net

If you are a wrestler or Indy Fed that wants to be linkled on myspace or Indywrestling.net just contact me, or go to the myspace link and click add to friends.

http://myspace.indywrestling.net

http://women.indywrestling.net

http://nudewomenofwrestling.indywrestling.net

"Some people say what I do is not wrestling. If it isn't, then what I do is better than wrestling." - Necro Butcher

Some people are like Slinkies........They serve no apparent purpose in life other than to occasionally bring joy to ones heart when they are pushed down a flight of stairs.

Jim Miller
Jim Miller

April 17th, 2011, 11:37 pm #4

Wow after all these years I still get raged about the same old BS. Our "Actual Paid" is in the same range as most everyone else. Thats based on fact from the Pa State Athletic Comission.We have done newspapers, TV ads, Fliers,Phone calls and incentives. The business is soft still and indy's are just learning in the last couple years to quit trying to kill towns and promotions. To find there own areas and build them. I think it could work more if all the promoters would work together a little more. But really don't see that happening. If raging on people is the way you marks get off,so be it. Doesn't really mean shit in the big picture. Our guys have a chance to work, we run a good show and back room. The workers do a great job and have fun then go out after and have fun again.
Now before you go with your next line of BS. "Miller does Pay" if a "worker" knows what there getting before he gets there, it then there call to say yes or no. Thats a "worker". Those that should still be in the seats and not in the ring are mostly the ones to bitch,back stub and have egos out there ass then there "marks".And if they get in the ring by chance and bitch about anything they shouldn't be brought back. A "worker" knows the business and loves what they do.
I started 16 years ago I used almost completely local talent, and have stayed that way, other then a couple runs the "Jackie and Icepick" which I tried to tell them we didn't need to load up the way they did, and they did anyways. PWX hopes our guys get better and can go and show what they learned and have a home to come back to. We don't go looking for foster kids that come and leave when they find a home. Not that the foster home way is wrong because it works better for some. Just not me. Let the marks begin.

April 18th, 2011, 1:45 am #5

Jim number 1 you have had the same town and general area for 15 years now, there is NO reason not to have a bigger draw than you do. If you can no longer draw in that town, it is time to either take time off from that town or pack up and move onto a new town to build.

Secondly if you are saying there are "workers" on your shows and "marks" who should be in the crowd, you really need to get your priorities in check, because why on earth are you letting "marks" work in your ring to work? EVERY worker on your show should receive compensation for their work, because if it was not for them you would not be running PWX and would need to find a real job. PWX is one of the very few promotions I hear about that do not pay everybody on their roster. There is NO excuse for it, even though I am sure you will attempt to make one. Either do not let these "marks" in the ring, or pay them if you do.

Jim Miller
Jim Miller

April 18th, 2011, 2:15 am #6

If you have an something to bring to the table , put your name to. Without that what you say is hearsay. And if they are a "worker" you don't talk about pay. Its between the and the promoter. If they don't accept wants offered. Don't come. No hard feelings.
A guess is didn't read the full last post. For 16 years we have run this area. We are still drawing the same "paid" as everyone else. If someone is happy doing one place, doing the same as anyone else. Why would that concern anyone that cares. Its gives the "Worker" another night to do their thing.Everyone is happy but you I guess.Maybe the question should be if someone tells you they didn't get paid or didn't get much. Maybe you should ask why did you say you would do it.

billy
billy

April 18th, 2011, 2:36 am #7

See Jim some people have nothing better to do then sit around and put there two cents in. oh and be for mister no name comes on and says the same thing about me I have nothing better to do after I get off of WORK. So I get on here and put my two cents in

April 18th, 2011, 2:56 am #8

Miller's response used to be that the wrestlers at PWX were paid in the form of a free place to train and work out, so that they can get better. But since he has been running in a park pavillion for the better half of a decade now, he has no place for the boys to work out. So, now he has changed his story to "the guys who are dumb enough to take bookings without an agreed upon price in advance are just marks".
I challenge every "mark" working for Miller to call him up this week and negotiate a price. If one is not agreed upon, do not show up at the next show. Play his game with him.
Just know that when you do not get paid, RWA and IWC probably aren't going to take you, they draw just fine without you.

April 18th, 2011, 4:14 am #9

I find it very hard to believe that IWC and RWA's attendance "paid" is the same as PWX's. Maybe when PWX is doing good, which they have their ups. However IWC maintains a good sized crowd and even their low draws are about the same if not bigger than PWX's average to high draws. I will make the argument that IWC spends more money to bring in names and stuff, however I am sure when its all said and done IWC is still profiting more than PWX. RWA as well, and they are NEW! Not to mention the promotions over on the east coast. I will take Miller's word for it, although when you look at other products their presentation is much better and it shows. FNW is one to mention to that I would put above PWX in presentation level and drawing power. I could see FNW profiting about as much as PWX however, but that is only because FNW pays their guys. Miller, just admit you are a cheap carny rat, and you get guys with good hearts for this business and con them in to drinking your Kool-Aid. I do not see it lasting much longer.

April 18th, 2011, 10:51 am #10

What it comes down to is that Jim Miller (and other local indy promoters), will always be there to take advantage of the kindness (and aspirations) of local workers. If he's willing to get folks to work for free, why the hell wouldn't he take advantage of that to the fullest? The local boys have to stand up for themselves and not take a free booking like this, stay the hell home and demand to be paid! If everyone would stick together (which they won't) then this shit would start to change. Someone like Jim doesn't want to work a normal 9-5 job, he's taken advantage of so many since he started in the early '90s that it's a fucking shame.

I also wanted to confirm that Jim used to always use the selling point of working in his ring (for experience in front of a crowd), is payment enough for working on his shows. He used to tell his workers that they had to do one show per month free to "pay the bills," and then he would give like $40 for working the others. But, as I understand it now, he doesn't have anywhere steady for the boys to train, so that particular selling point isn't effective.

I guess it comes down to the boys looking out for themselves, and they have to STOP acting like whores and sit home for a bit to help things improve. Going to RWA isn't going to be any better...Derek (Feelbad) is a low life from Brownsville, PA who is a glorified, untrained backyarder. The reason that he has so many attending his shows is because he has a lot of friends (seriously) in the back woods where he's from, and they network and bring the marks to pay to watch his show. He's a lying sack of shit who is every bit as bad as every other promoter.