RIP Ward Wilson

RIP Ward Wilson

Jasonthegift
Jasonthegift

August 22nd, 2009, 2:34 am #1

My condolences go out to the family and friends of Ward Wilson. Wilson was a southern WV ref and promoter who suffered a heart attack after reffing a match earlier this evening. As the former owner of APW, Wilson help shape the face of Southern WV wrestling putting on well received weekly events in my home town of Oak Hill. I personally knew Ward as kind hearted and soft spoken man whom I had the pleasure of knowing for many years. He will be deeply missed. RIP brother.

August 22nd, 2009, 3:34 am #2

Damn that sucks. I went to APW whenever I could. Always talked to Ward and he always had a good word. My heart out to June and the rest of the family.

Allen
Allen

August 22nd, 2009, 3:34 am #3

My condolences go out to the family and friends of Ward Wilson. Wilson was a southern WV ref and promoter who suffered a heart attack after reffing a match earlier this evening. As the former owner of APW, Wilson help shape the face of Southern WV wrestling putting on well received weekly events in my home town of Oak Hill. I personally knew Ward as kind hearted and soft spoken man whom I had the pleasure of knowing for many years. He will be deeply missed. RIP brother.
...he definitely was a great guy, my respects go out to him and his family, i've known him for a long time, and he will be deeply missed by myself and others that had the pleasure of knowing him...

Monty Combs
Monty Combs

August 22nd, 2009, 4:49 am #4

I can't say enough good things about Ward. I had a lot of respect for him and appreciated every bit of advice he gave me when it came to being a better referee. I'm glad I had the chance to know Ward and also work for him. He was one of the good guys. My thoughts and prayers go out to his wife June and the rest of his family. We will all miss you Ward!

Suz
Suz

August 22nd, 2009, 4:50 am #5

I am so shocked right now and sad. I hate to hear this. I will say a prayer for June and their families today and everyone who knew and loved him cuz anyone who knew him loved him. He was a truly great guy. I don't know what to say other then I am glad I knew him and I am glad to call him and June my friends.

August 22nd, 2009, 7:11 am #6

It really put a dark cloud over the rest of the show.

Stro dedicated his title match against Bruiser to Ward.

Needless to say we all were totally despondent after the sudden and tragic event.

btw
btw

August 23rd, 2009, 1:44 pm #7

rip ward
my prayers is with your family god bless

big time wrestling
freddie cornell

Chip, CEO for OWA
Chip, CEO for OWA

August 23rd, 2009, 7:07 pm #8

Our Heart is filled with sadness at the passing of a wonderful friend. Ward was OWA's Senior Ref from the time we began. When we had a family crisis, Ward was right by our side until our last show. Ward and June supported OWA in every way they could and Ward offerd his experience to help bring the wrestles together for some great shows. Ward was and always will be part of wrestling to anyone who knows him. Thank you my friend for being part of OWA for the meny years you were. Most of all OWA wishes to express our deepest thoughts and prayers to June who we know is heartbroken at the loss of not only her husband but her best friend. Our prays go out to all the wrestlers who has been touched by this great loss. With deep respect to everyone, Chip McVey CEO - OWA Drew McVey General Manager - OWA and Dave Scott Sizemore - Promoter - OWA

JV Insanity
JV Insanity

August 23rd, 2009, 9:32 pm #9

Ward was a good guy, and I'm sorry to hear of his passing...

jv

DFZ
DFZ

August 24th, 2009, 10:41 pm #10

This hurts my heart.

I've known Ward for quite some time, as I know many of you have as well, some of you much longer than I have. Ward was never anything but a good guy to me anywhere I saw him, and a total professional when we were inside the ring. He was so good about letting me know about the guy I was about to lock up with (I normally didn't work a lot down south, so was often in with guys I didn't know), from "Watch this guy," to "You've got a night off." And he was always right.

Last time I saw Ward was last December/January working for MWA in Hinton and it seems like yesterday. God bless you, Ward, and thank you for all your good work on my behalf. I won't forget you.

DFZ