aftermath
aftermath

July 3rd, 2012, 4:10 am #41

You are a trained professional who knows how to work pretty well. I find it disgusting that you encourage this shit. It's a bunch of talentless marks who were trained by one of the worst workers around, Sean Dahmer. Aftermath, next time you walk out from the curtain and see 20 fans in the crowd, remember what you wrote here. It's feds like this that are killing the overall business.
Lol, now that's kinda funny! Look, first of all, thank you for the compliment because I'm usually just getting slammed on here so I greatly appreciate that. Second, if you think for a second that I haven't worked in front of even less then that then you may be crazy! There isn't a worker anywhere that can't say they've worked in front of smaller crowds than 20 lmao! The thing is, I don't care if its 5, or 500, or 50000, I bust my ass regardless of the size of the crowd. just because only 20 people showed up to watch doesn't make it less important then the other 20000 who couldn't be bothered to buy a ticket. They spend their hard earned money to see me so I'll do whatever I need to to bring them back and all their friends for the next show! I don't phone it in like some other guys do just because the crowd isn't big enough. I give 100% all the time, and if its not good enough to bring people back then that's what I need to work on. I know I'm not the biggest draw, but I try and a lot of the workers and promoters at hbw are trying too. Sorry for the rant lol

July 3rd, 2012, 4:51 am #42

You make a good point. Although I'm guilty of it myself, I don't agree with workers sitting in the crowd with fans. Well, at least the heels shouldn't for any reason. A face that just got his ass handed to him should never do it either. J.T. used to get pissed about his guys doing that. If you as a worker feel the need to sit out in plain sight, at least be sitting behind a gimmick table selling your t-shirts or whatever. And yes, you never finish training, EVER! And the guys that say they don't need to train anymore are usually the worse guys on the roster. And yes, new guys or "green guys and girls" need these smaller feds to get better and perfect their craft, gimmick, promo skills and so on. Hbw is on the right track now, so instead of everyone just burying them, give it a chance. If they're the mark fed or backyard fed you accuse them of being, they'll fizzle out like all the others have. I myself will keep watching. Keep in mind, capw, aiw, mega, ocw, hybrid, firestorm and even the biggs like chikara, evolve, dragongate, roh, tna, and even wwe had to start somewhere! Please stop the hate and support indy wrestling
Hard to take HBW seriously, when the "B" stood for Backyard. That is 100% fact. I think the "B" standing for Brutal is just as appropriate since most of those guys are brutal to watch, hear, and just see exist. Crusher Kunkle is a huge money mark.

It's not going to work, no matter how many "names" you pay way too much for. It's the blind leading the blind there. You can't grow if the guy you're working is just as shitty as you. That little Chase kid broke his neck because he didn't know how to bump right. Good training, Russ Dahmer.
Last edited by indymessageboard on July 3rd, 2012, 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 3rd, 2012, 3:49 pm #43

Lol, now that's kinda funny! Look, first of all, thank you for the compliment because I'm usually just getting slammed on here so I greatly appreciate that. Second, if you think for a second that I haven't worked in front of even less then that then you may be crazy! There isn't a worker anywhere that can't say they've worked in front of smaller crowds than 20 lmao! The thing is, I don't care if its 5, or 500, or 50000, I bust my ass regardless of the size of the crowd. just because only 20 people showed up to watch doesn't make it less important then the other 20000 who couldn't be bothered to buy a ticket. They spend their hard earned money to see me so I'll do whatever I need to to bring them back and all their friends for the next show! I don't phone it in like some other guys do just because the crowd isn't big enough. I give 100% all the time, and if its not good enough to bring people back then that's what I need to work on. I know I'm not the biggest draw, but I try and a lot of the workers and promoters at hbw are trying too. Sorry for the rant lol
It's funny when people here bitch about Russ' shitty training, then bring up Chase who had a freak accident (he miscalculated a flip bump out of a clothesline, not a regular bump, show me where Dahmer's ever flip bumped out of a clothesline and I'll fucking pay you). Yet no one seems to mention Thomas Adams (also trained by Dahmer) who gets booked everywhere and is pretty good. I guarantee none of you guys who shit on his training could list the people he's actually trained or helped train.

July 3rd, 2012, 8:16 pm #44

Define "everywhere".

July 4th, 2012, 8:18 pm #45

It's funny how I posted, asking the people who are hating on HBW if they've come to a show recently. No one responded.
Point being, you don't see the shitty arena getting fixed up week after week. You don't see the greens developing. You don't see HBW doing more than just bringing in random talents to try to grow. You don't see the crowds growing each show. You don't see that they have people filtering in throughout the whole show, PAYING for their ticket to watch. The point is you just don't see...because you're not there. And if you are there, which you've failed miserably at answering my question, then you're too much on your high horse to pay attention to the subtle changes that become big changes.
And if you dislike them and all they do sooooo much, then why are you wasting all of YOUR time and energy on talking shit?