question for all workers

question for all workers

Scott Powers
Scott Powers

June 4th, 2012, 3:16 pm #1

I am slowly getting our fed up ,it is taking longer because i am trying to make it nice for fans as well as the workers.
I have set a deal with the armory and a small gym that only hold's seats 150 seats but both have plenty of room for high spots.
For the workers which would you like to work in a huge place and draw 200 and 3/4 of the arena empty or a small place that is crammed packed???????????????
We plan on working one southern Ohio one in KY and one WV. SO 3 WEEKS A MONTH.

Also is right to question a worker and check up to see if it is true if he was trained?
I want to call in a few names for the armory shows but try to use them to build up some of my regulars
The smaller place a private school's gym use mostly local.
One more thing do you think a cage would be a good investment for special occasions

Thanks if any could give there view!
Also i will post in info and numbers for indy workers the first August,and we plan starting our first show the first part of Oct.

June 4th, 2012, 4:16 pm #2

Scott, if you're booking the show, you have every right to inquire a worker's legitimacy. In fact it would be nice if all promoters looked into this, but that is a far fetched idea. As for the crowds, if you know your draw is going to be around 150-200 then absolutely it would be preferred to pack a smaller building, and it will make financial sense for you. A larger building will most likely cost more to book.

A cage is nice for special occasions, and if promoted right, will draw for you pretty well. However, they are costly, and unless you can find nearby feds that would be interested in renting one off of you, you would most likely be better off renting another promoters cage. Hope this helps!

June 4th, 2012, 8:44 pm #3

scott i think a cage would be a great investment,esp like the last post said,if its promoted right! as a fan,i love seeing cage matches,ladder matches,t.l.c. matches,ect....do u plan on having a hardcore division? if ur looking for titles check out top rope belts on facebook....great work & very resonable...best of luck w/ ur fed

Scott Powers
Scott Powers

June 4th, 2012, 9:47 pm #4

Thanks to all!!!!!!!!!!!!
I won't have a hardcore division but will a few hardcore matches but will have trophy for invintational's (sorry spelling)

Heavyweight title
Lady's title,cause we plan on bringing in some great girls in.
Tag title will be all.

And yes top-rope is the plan,i hate people having titles just like a feds.
And i plan on staying in the back no titles for me guys.
My partner (silent) wants all workers happy with their pay.

June 4th, 2012, 9:58 pm #5

scott i think a cage would be a great investment,esp like the last post said,if its promoted right! as a fan,i love seeing cage matches,ladder matches,t.l.c. matches,ect....do u plan on having a hardcore division? if ur looking for titles check out top rope belts on facebook....great work & very resonable...best of luck w/ ur fed
id think 150-200 fans is a good draw in western pa

Scott Powers
Scott Powers

June 4th, 2012, 10:17 pm #6

Thanks to all!!!!!!!!!!!!
I won't have a hardcore division but will a few hardcore matches but will have trophy for invintational's (sorry spelling)

Heavyweight title
Lady's title,cause we plan on bringing in some great girls in.
Tag title will be all.

And yes top-rope is the plan,i hate people having titles just like a feds.
And i plan on staying in the back no titles for me guys.
My partner (silent) wants all workers happy with their pay.
I am taking videos with matches and if you have interviews with it that would be great!
Also who trained you,your name addy, phone number ,how long you have worked ,what you want as far as pay.
Feds worked for if it's just one don't worry.
We would love for all workers to be trained .
I promise i will get back to you asap!
My addy Scott Powers 806 Pine ST.Ironton Ohio,45638
My email for now is geescott@yahoo.com
If you need any info please email me i will have info more in order.
If i like what i see i will email my number to talk to you .
My silent partner and i want the fans happy as well as the workers.
One more thing if there are feds less than 30 miles from us we do not want to step on toes we want to work with them.
One more thing we ask for workers to wear tights,trunks or singlets boots or kick pads unless it is used as part of your gimmick (example Negro Butcher) .

ps if i miss spelled anything my damn spell check is not working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are hoping to start shows in oct and by Jan, 3 matches a month in three states.

June 5th, 2012, 8:25 am #7

I am slowly getting our fed up ,it is taking longer because i am trying to make it nice for fans as well as the workers.
I have set a deal with the armory and a small gym that only hold's seats 150 seats but both have plenty of room for high spots.
For the workers which would you like to work in a huge place and draw 200 and 3/4 of the arena empty or a small place that is crammed packed???????????????
We plan on working one southern Ohio one in KY and one WV. SO 3 WEEKS A MONTH.

Also is right to question a worker and check up to see if it is true if he was trained?
I want to call in a few names for the armory shows but try to use them to build up some of my regulars
The smaller place a private school's gym use mostly local.
One more thing do you think a cage would be a good investment for special occasions

Thanks if any could give there view!
Also i will post in info and numbers for indy workers the first August,and we plan starting our first show the first part of Oct.
is he helping u run?!!

June 5th, 2012, 11:57 am #8

I am taking videos with matches and if you have interviews with it that would be great!
Also who trained you,your name addy, phone number ,how long you have worked ,what you want as far as pay.
One more thing if there are feds less than 30 miles from us we do not want to step on toes we want to work with them.
One more thing we ask for workers to wear tights,trunks or singlets boots or kick pads unless it is used as part of your gimmick (example Negro Butcher) .

ps if i miss spelled anything my damn spell check is not working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are hoping to start shows in oct and by Jan, 3 matches a month in three states.
the email address above does not work...

Scott Powers
Scott Powers

June 5th, 2012, 4:48 pm #9

is he helping u run?!!
My email is geescott69@yahoo.com

NO Richard Arpin nor Dave Nelson have any thing to do with this,the other guy with me has not done anything in a indy promotion.
His name is Tommy he owns a McDonald's and a few other things so he is the money man and i do everything else(lol)

We would like old school guys, high flyer, hardcore, lady's, power guys etc.
I am not set up for any training so we ask that you have training ,we will have a battle royal and if you are honest that you are getting trained we might let people in that situation and be part of that but i can't promise that just yet.

A lot of indys just don't make it because of money and having to use untrained guys but i don't for-see having this happening.
I have nothing against any guy who does what they love but in our case you should have proper training.
I will have quite a bit more info Sunday the 10th.
1-for the fans
2-for the workers
3 NO FREE SHOWS

June 6th, 2012, 1:34 pm #10

That would be an awesome gimmick