Question about NWA fees

Question about NWA fees

Scott Powers
Scott Powers

December 7th, 2011, 2:17 am #1

I was just wandering how much is it to use the NWA name(example NWA OHIO)
And what benefits by PAYING TO USE THE NAME.
I have asked this question before and they told me to get a ring and other extras,well i have done this and still wanting to know.
I beginning to think the letters are the only benefit????

December 7th, 2011, 2:47 am #2

I have no idea what the fees are, but even if it were free to use the nwa trademark, what are you going to get out of it? None of the young kids and most of the adults arent gonna give 2 shits about the nwa. Their world champs mean nothing to the average paying fan. Just something for the promoter to gloat about and something for the boys to say they worked for. So what, I dont see where it wil get you anywhere. Maybe 25 years ago it would be worth it, but now?

Scott Powers
Scott Powers

December 7th, 2011, 2:54 am #3

Point taken.

December 7th, 2011, 7:40 am #4

the insurance they carry to run shows is the only advantage because the truth is who wants to fly adam pearce in and no 1 knows who in the hell he is.

December 7th, 2011, 10:13 am #5

In my opinion, I think it shows you are a serious wrestling promoter. Not just some dude who wants to play at being a promoter who will put all his buddies in the ring & puts on a half-assed show & call yourself xyz championship wrestling. But other than that, yeah, not a whole lot!

December 7th, 2011, 12:49 pm #6

I think your area is oversaturated with NWA's (SIW in Ohio, BLUEGRASS & MAIN EVENT in Kentucky, MOUNTAIN STATE, ALL-STAR on the Southern WV/Northeastern VA border, PREMIER in Southern, Middle, & Western WV, EAST/PWX in PA). Not to mention the outlaw indies everywhere in between. Why throw one more in to confuse the whole scene. After that whole NWA Ohio fiasco, why would anyone want to be under the same label as a con man who sold drugs to pay for his shows anyway? If you want to "be NWA", just get in with an existing promotion as an investor. Indy wrestling is like the new welfare system right now. I can't get a job, so I will pop out another kid to foot my bills.

December 7th, 2011, 2:07 pm #7

Truth is there was never an NWA Ohio. At one time Arpin had that area years ago but he's gone. All the others are hours part. And the previous poster somewhat hit it on the head serious promoter are welling to pay the dues and try to make it better. Proplem is the yard feds in between. They have killed the business in more ways than one.

Bull Miller
Bull Miller

December 7th, 2011, 7:20 pm #8

Im not sure on this but at one point I herd a membership was $1,500. But to be honest, and you would be hard pressed to find a more old school guy than me, the NWA name is dead. More people could tell you about Georgia Championship wrestling than the NWA. Even though the TV show pushed the NWA name.

There may be a discount on booking the NWA Champ if you are a member. But no disrespect, no one knows the champ serp a few hard core fans. Being a NWA promoter is not getting you discounts on the former WWE guys or legends.

Not sure if the NWA gives/helps with insurance. But that would not make it worth joining.

My opinion, name your promotion something regional sounding. Like Mid West Championship Wrestling. No one buys all those fancy names and claims to world titles when you are running in a bingo hall in front of a hundred people. If I had not ran the IWA for over two decades I would not start a promotion and call it the International or World anything.

Just my thoughts. Good luck to U.

December 9th, 2011, 9:30 pm #9

I agree 100% with everything you just said. NWA is a joke.To me NWA died when Jim Crocket sold out to Ted Turner,and for the Very few NWA supporters, to a national, world wide audience, that was the only NWA that mattered, because I know all the NWA cool Aid drinkers will say, there was alot of other NWA's besides Crocket's.

December 10th, 2011, 1:57 am #10

I would say NWA mattered when it was
Mid Atlantic-Crockets
Dallas-Ft Worth-WCCW-Von Erichs prolly the best imo
Portland- Anyone youtube portland Wrestling? Don Owen sports they had a local
show with sponsership for many years.
Georgia- Ole Anderson
St.Louis- Harley Race
Thats when the NWA drew 1000s to its events especially World Class and Crockets