PWX Wrestlers go Exclusive

PWX Wrestlers go Exclusive

January 20th, 2012, 3:42 am #1

It has been announced that the majority of the NWA-East roster is going to ONLY wrestle for PWX in the immediate area. The workers are being asked to sign exclusive "non-compete" agreements.

Any thoughts on this?

January 20th, 2012, 3:47 am #2

Guess we'll see how many guys stay after 6 months of not having story lines, no film at all, no future TV spot, Jim lying about the continuation of the building renovations, still no working bathrooms on the upstairs locker room floor, no hot water, no heat except blast heaters, did I mention no film of any kind, no real pay (except $5 right Terry) & of course only having 15/16 shows a year with, what is heading to be, 30+ wrestlers.

The guys that "signed" are all worthless, washed up or talentless anyways. Graham, Gash, K, Lerusso, Mad Mike, Crusher Hansen......who cares, honestly?

January 20th, 2012, 3:58 am #3

Didn't Miller try to do this once before? Back when the NWA:TNA deal started and the promise was of TV and travel and exposure and travel, etc? I know it's been a while, but it sounds familiar.

how did it work out then?

January 20th, 2012, 8:30 am #4

It has been announced that the majority of the NWA-East roster is going to ONLY wrestle for PWX in the immediate area. The workers are being asked to sign exclusive "non-compete" agreements.

Any thoughts on this?
JOKE, because they won't get any better wrestling each other, GOOD GOD, the same old bullshit from PWX.

January 20th, 2012, 3:09 pm #5

Its not exclusive to PWX, where they can't wrestle anywhere else. Its basically just guys saying they won't work UCW, RWA, or any other promotion in the area. Who would want to work for shittier feds anyways. I could see IWC, but other than that, nothings good. Unless you want to mark out for yourself and work there just to say you made an extra town.

January 20th, 2012, 4:18 pm #6

Guess we'll see how many guys stay after 6 months of not having story lines, no film at all, no future TV spot, Jim lying about the continuation of the building renovations, still no working bathrooms on the upstairs locker room floor, no hot water, no heat except blast heaters, did I mention no film of any kind, no real pay (except $5 right Terry) & of course only having 15/16 shows a year with, what is heading to be, 30+ wrestlers.

The guys that "signed" are all worthless, washed up or talentless anyways. Graham, Gash, K, Lerusso, Mad Mike, Crusher Hansen......who cares, honestly?
Well let me say this I have worked many places. Were do you have actual locker rooms? I saw a tempature were the fans are at 60 degrees. Bathrooms upstairs not being done, I can live with that till Jim gets to it. The fixtures were sitting there. And the film only one person I know marks out so much he needs film, and their is enought being shot to see what is needed. People will never be happy because their all main eventers and they book better than the booker. Bash away I know Jim is focussed and if you don't want to be part of that package move on, just opens a spot for upgrading the overall roster.

January 21st, 2012, 1:10 pm #7

I heard from a reliable source that Ryan Mitchell signed on exclusive to PWX. i think things are going to get really interesting!

January 21st, 2012, 4:02 pm #8

100% totally and completely false. Ryan is the one person who complains about not having film (specifically the Tony F two camera angles) and he bitches about pay, especially when he sees other guys (like McGrath) coming into PWX and e doesn't get a raise.

Trust me, Ryan Mitchell, isn't exclusive....at least not to PWX anyways

January 21st, 2012, 4:08 pm #9

Digital Horizons is done doing RWA. So, unless Tony is only filming Ryan's matches not sure how this matters

January 21st, 2012, 4:17 pm #10

Its not exclusive to PWX, where they can't wrestle anywhere else. Its basically just guys saying they won't work UCW, RWA, or any other promotion in the area. Who would want to work for shittier feds anyways. I could see IWC, but other than that, nothings good. Unless you want to mark out for yourself and work there just to say you made an extra town.
I just don't understand an indy worker who is trying to improve passing up work - I'd say they should be working as many matches, styles, places, workers as possible.

I guess it depends on what their goal is. If I was working and my goal was to get to the WWE - I don't think limiting networking and wrestling opportunities would be the way to do it. Really, what else would PWX offer? I'm sure the guys who sign will be the guys who get pushed - but that's just enticement for the guys who care about being put over.