pa wrestling food for thought

pa wrestling food for thought

Stickler for a Tickler
Stickler for a Tickler

August 11th, 2011, 6:17 pm #1

I know not too many of u know who I am. and for those of u that do, u know I'm a wrestler. And u know what company I work for.So remember this is an opinion from someone inside the biz.

I've been getting on this board every now and then for the past few months and all I see is this guy hating on that guy or this fed at war with that fed and so on. See this is the problem with indy wrestling in pa. There ain't a single wwe or even tna quality fed around here other than CZW and ROH and yet IWC, UCW, PWX, RWgAy, KCWE, KSWA and other feds guys wanna get on here and run each other down and talk shit on each other whenever none of us have any room to talk shit on each other at all. We're all indy level wrestlers and no more at the moment. that's why we're on the INDY message board right? Not the WWE message board or the TNA message board or even the ROH message board. We're all indy level and at the end of the day, we're all still in need of getting better. If we weren't, we'd all be the "best in the world" or under the power "trip" era or somewhere where "wrestling matters".

And yes wrestling matters on the indys but my point is, we're PA indy wrestling and sadly, we're almost the bottom of the barrel in this state. Hell, the only 2 states that keep PA from looking so bad are Ohio because almost everybody and they momma is a yard gnome up there with the exception of a few trained guys and West Virginia because even a yard company can scrape enough money together down there to get a building and run a show.

So until we start landing contracts that get us paid over 200,000 a year or until we get "honored" or until "wrestling matters" is your slogan, don't come on here acting like you're gods gift to wrestling when u can't even get off the indys.

Just SUPPORT INDY WRESTLING, do what u can to help your areas get better instead of bashing one another and calling one another yarders, and if u know you're untrained or trained but your training sucked,then take the time to get better training or to get trained. and to those guys that are trained good, instead of bashing the guys that you are better than, why not take the ones u see struggling and guide them in the right direction. i always read or hear about guys hating on certain workers because of their training and in my opinion, if u know you're better than someone, be the bigger man, be nice about it when u pull that guy to side and offer to work with him on getting better or even point him in the right direction for training.

Everyone is always talking about getting yarders off the indy scene or stiffing them or something like that, when u can just simply work with them and help them get better so they don't look like trash. And its when u do things like that, that u earn a positive rep. Hell, do it right and u can be the guy responsible for making someone famous or even become famous yourself because guys like that are talking about how u helped better their careers.

Jus some food for thought yo. And hopefully instead of bashing me for this statement, people will take what I've said today and make something positive out of it. Thanks for reading and god bless indy wrestling.

August 11th, 2011, 6:45 pm #2

`
Last edited by indymessageboard on August 25th, 2011, 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

August 11th, 2011, 7:51 pm #3

"In all Seriousness, PWX is above the level of both CZW and ROH. The talent is better, the booking is better, the rep is just as good if not better."

What are you smoking??? How can you even think that unless you have never watched either product? I am in no way bashing PWX here, but they do not even come close to ROH. Sometimes they might be close to CZW, but CZW still has a following and much more recognition. The roster is much more established around the nation and some even around the world.

I also hate to inform you of this, but PWX has a bad reputation to it. It dates back to many many many years ago, and from some of the more recent years events. Pay is always a big subject, guys in other states (Ohio and New York) have actually been told they would be black balled from their home promotions if they continued to work for PWX because they knew of the pay system there through other guys that have worked there. I am sure you can figure out who I am talking about in New York. Money and politics is known for outside of PWX, and its a shame because I agree they do have a hell of a roster and put on decent shows. Sometimes the booking is bad, but thats because Quinn wants to book on his own all of the time, so of course ideas are going to be bad at times, but its basically his promotion so he can.

Even if PWX started paying their guys fair, and the politics died down a little, I think they would still be screwed, just because it has gone on for so long. A lot of guys on the PWX roster say that PWX is just "practice in front of an audience" to them. They do not even take it seriously. While other guys take it seriously and improve, but they remain at the bottom or kept off of shows because maybe they are not friends with the right people or are friends with the wrong people.

August 11th, 2011, 8:07 pm #4

`
Last edited by indymessageboard on August 25th, 2011, 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

August 11th, 2011, 9:57 pm #5

`

Lou Thesz
Lou Thesz

August 11th, 2011, 10:09 pm #6

`
I know not too many of u know who I am. and for those of u that do, u know I'm a wrestler. And u know what company I work for.So remember this is an opinion from someone inside the biz.
-----------------------------------------------
Which I'm about to tear your opinion apart, because you should know better.

I've been getting on this board every now and then for the past few months and all I see is this guy hating on that guy or this fed at war with that fed and so on. See this is the problem with indy wrestling in pa. There ain't a single wwe or even tna quality fed around here other than CZW and ROH
Stop right there. CZW and ROH? They're INDY FEDS! Hell TNA is barely a "Number Two" in this country. Look at their operations. It's basically WWE and everyone else is indy. WWE is the Coca-Cola of pro wrestling. TNA is not quite the Pepsi WCW once was, they're getting there, but right now they're more of a 7-UP and only so because they tour more often and have a national TV presence. Everyone else is Faygo or Top Pop. ROH draws around 500 max to their shows. CZW, Chikara and other indy feds with DVD distribution don't do any better. And since you're in the biz, since they don't draw more, they don't pay more. That makes them indy.

and yet IWC, UCW, PWX, RWgAy, KCWE, KSWA and other feds guys wanna get on here and run each other down and talk shit on each other whenever none of us have any room to talk shit on each other at all. We're all indy level wrestlers and no more at the moment. that's why we're on the INDY message board right? Not the WWE message board or the TNA message board or even the ROH message board. We're all indy level and at the end of the day, we're all still in need of getting better. If we weren't, we'd all be the "best in the world" or under the power "trip" era or somewhere where "wrestling matters".
You said one thing right and the rest makes you sound like a mark who believes what they see on TV. You're right about everyone bashing everyone and needing to get better. With everyone at everyone's throat and running down their product, it kills business.

And yes wrestling matters on the indys but my point is, we're PA indy wrestling and sadly, we're almost the bottom of the barrel in this state. Hell, the only 2 states that keep PA from looking so bad are Ohio because almost everybody and they momma is a yard gnome up there with the exception of a few trained guys and West Virginia because even a yard company can scrape enough money together down there to get a building and run a show.
Wrong. Wrestling doesn't matter anywhere. It's a slogan, a gimmick. Watch TNA and see if there's more wrestling than promos or parking lot brawls. And women's matches don't count as wrestling either. It's all eye candy and entertainment. The one guy who got that right is a multi millionaire. You'd think the others would catch on.

but my point is, we're PA indy wrestling and sadly, we're almost the bottom of the barrel in this state. Hell, the only 2 states that keep PA from looking so bad are Ohio because almost everybody and they momma is a yard gnome up there with the exception of a few trained guys and West Virginia because even a yard company can scrape enough money together down there to get a building and run a show.
That coming from a state that has UCW, KSWA and AON, known yard feds that masquerade as real wrestling promotions. It doesn't matter, there are shit indys all over the country and every state or region has the same yard gnome problem. But we also have a half ass trained wrestler problem. Peeps learn how to wrestle but they don't learn how to work or learn the business. They're more interested in executing a triple jump corkscrew flippy thing than how to relate to the fans.

So until we start landing contracts that get us paid over 200,000 a year or until we get "honored" or until "wrestling matters" is your slogan, don't come on here acting like you're gods gift to wrestling when u can't even get off the indys.
I'm assuming you have one of these contracts since you're posting here.

Just SUPPORT INDY WRESTLING, do what u can to help your areas get better instead of bashing one another and calling one another yarders, and if u know you're untrained or trained but your training sucked,then take the time to get better training or to get trained. and to those guys that are trained good, instead of bashing the guys that you are better than, why not take the ones u see struggling and guide them in the right direction. i always read or hear about guys hating on certain workers because of their training and in my opinion, if u know you're better than someone, be the bigger man, be nice about it when u pull that guy to side and offer to work with him on getting better or even point him in the right direction for training.
And this is where you lost any credibility. If someone isn't trained, they shouldn't be in the ring. It's not the wrestlers responsibility to make up for their lack of training, it's the promoters and bookers to stop using trash on their shows. How does one know if their training sucked? You have guys running around working shows that never trained at all, act like they know the world and feel entitled to it to boot. Think they're going to take the time and money to get trained? Right. Helping a greenie out is way different than helping out a yarder. Yarders should be thrown out on their ass. They should know better. No one needs to point it out for them.

Everyone is always talking about getting yarders off the indy scene or stiffing them or something like that, when u can just simply work with them and help them get better so they don't look like trash. And its when u do things like that, that u earn a positive rep. Hell, do it right and u can be the guy responsible for making someone famous or even become famous yourself because guys like that are talking about how u helped better their careers.
WRONG. It takes two to perform in that ring and when one isn't up to par, it brings the other down. Its difficult for the trained guy to make the yarder look good, but the yarder can easily make the trained guy look like shit. Working yarders and yard feds is how you earn a negative rep. You're only helping the yard feds and yarders by working for them. That's shitting on everyone else. The only way a yarder is going to become famous is if they go on a mass murdering spree.

Jus some food for thought yo. And hopefully instead of bashing me for this statement, people will take what I've said today and make something positive out of it. Thanks for reading and god bless indy wrestling.
There's some food for thought for you. Refuse to work yard feds and yarders. Maybe you won't get hurt by one in the ring. Maybe these yard feds will close, yarders will disappear and all of our pay and bookings will go through the roof. Learn something about your craft. That's supporting indy wrestling.

August 11th, 2011, 10:16 pm #7

`
That is interesting there is no officer that name in McKeesport. If you hate McKeesport just don't come. Your scare tactics are juvenelle. Miller knows almost all the cops.
And to all the Miller haters. Keep hating because that means well still have a place to work.

August 11th, 2011, 10:22 pm #8

Which I'm about to tear your opinion apart, because you should know better.

I've been getting on this board every now and then for the past few months and all I see is this guy hating on that guy or this fed at war with that fed and so on. See this is the problem with indy wrestling in pa. There ain't a single wwe or even tna quality fed around here other than CZW and ROH
Stop right there. CZW and ROH? They're INDY FEDS! Hell TNA is barely a "Number Two" in this country. Look at their operations. It's basically WWE and everyone else is indy. WWE is the Coca-Cola of pro wrestling. TNA is not quite the Pepsi WCW once was, they're getting there, but right now they're more of a 7-UP and only so because they tour more often and have a national TV presence. Everyone else is Faygo or Top Pop. ROH draws around 500 max to their shows. CZW, Chikara and other indy feds with DVD distribution don't do any better. And since you're in the biz, since they don't draw more, they don't pay more. That makes them indy.

and yet IWC, UCW, PWX, RWgAy, KCWE, KSWA and other feds guys wanna get on here and run each other down and talk shit on each other whenever none of us have any room to talk shit on each other at all. We're all indy level wrestlers and no more at the moment. that's why we're on the INDY message board right? Not the WWE message board or the TNA message board or even the ROH message board. We're all indy level and at the end of the day, we're all still in need of getting better. If we weren't, we'd all be the "best in the world" or under the power "trip" era or somewhere where "wrestling matters".
You said one thing right and the rest makes you sound like a mark who believes what they see on TV. You're right about everyone bashing everyone and needing to get better. With everyone at everyone's throat and running down their product, it kills business.

Wrong. Wrestling doesn't matter anywhere. It's a slogan, a gimmick. Watch TNA and see if there's more wrestling than promos or parking lot brawls. And women's matches don't count as wrestling either. It's all eye candy and entertainment. The one guy who got that right is a multi millionaire. You'd think the others would catch on.

but my point is, we're PA indy wrestling and sadly, we're almost the bottom of the barrel in this state. Hell, the only 2 states that keep PA from looking so bad are Ohio because almost everybody and they momma is a yard gnome up there with the exception of a few trained guys and West Virginia because even a yard company can scrape enough money together down there to get a building and run a show.
That coming from a state that has UCW, KSWA and AON, known yard feds that masquerade as real wrestling promotions. It doesn't matter, there are shit indys all over the country and every state or region has the same yard gnome problem. But we also have a half ass trained wrestler problem. Peeps learn how to wrestle but they don't learn how to work or learn the business. They're more interested in executing a triple jump corkscrew flippy thing than how to relate to the fans.

I'm assuming you have one of these contracts since you're posting here.

And this is where you lost any credibility. If someone isn't trained, they shouldn't be in the ring. It's not the wrestlers responsibility to make up for their lack of training, it's the promoters and bookers to stop using trash on their shows. How does one know if their training sucked? You have guys running around working shows that never trained at all, act like they know the world and feel entitled to it to boot. Think they're going to take the time and money to get trained? Right. Helping a greenie out is way different than helping out a yarder. Yarders should be thrown out on their ass. They should know better. No one needs to point it out for them.

WRONG. It takes two to perform in that ring and when one isn't up to par, it brings the other down. Its difficult for the trained guy to make the yarder look good, but the yarder can easily make the trained guy look like shit. Working yarders and yard feds is how you earn a negative rep. You're only helping the yard feds and yarders by working for them. That's shitting on everyone else. The only way a yarder is going to become famous is if they go on a mass murdering spree.

There's some food for thought for you. Refuse to work yard feds and yarders. Maybe you won't get hurt by one in the ring. Maybe these yard feds will close, yarders will disappear and all of our pay and bookings will go through the roof. Learn something about your craft. That's supporting indy wrestling.
Amen

August 11th, 2011, 11:16 pm #9

Problem is, those yarders wont get thrown out, so istead of bitching about it, turn that dude into someone who can work, obviously they want to do it, they want to be there, those who keep themselves in "yarder" promotions and only work there obviously dont want to go futher ie. AON... your not gonna change it, so why complain?

August 12th, 2011, 12:50 am #10

I agree with the other poster. if trained wrestler would only wrestle trained wrestlers the BS would slowly stop. And there would just be complete yarder feds. The fans would soon show what they want to see. Trained wrestlers pay there dues. Yarders roll around there mothers mattress. Why would someone that paid to get trained right just show someone else? Go pay for it yourself. Get in the gym and get in shape. And buy some fk'n real ring gear. The cream needs to raise to the top before things get better.