NWA-East/PWX to bring back tag tournament

NWA-East/PWX to bring back tag tournament

May 26th, 2010, 1:57 pm #1

PWX has announced that they're bringing back Tag Wars: The Steel City Classic Tag Tournament. I only have 3 questions on this.

Why would they bring this back?
Who will the 8 teams be in the tournament?
Will the tournament be the only thing on the card, if so will the do 16 teams? (throwing random teams together)

May 26th, 2010, 4:45 pm #2

They are doing this so good old JR's Team Mega can slice and dice through the competition. Way to go Mr. Miller!

May 26th, 2010, 5:00 pm #3

They should have done this when they had real tag teams, Iron Justice, SJM, Franchise Players. But I agree, its probably to put JR over more. If he doesn't win it, his team will at least make it to the finals 100% guaranteed.

My guess:

Mon Valley Monsters
JB and Atlas
Golden Reign
Apollyon and Fame
Hansens
Dumb and Dahmer
Gash and K
JR and Cage or Amherst

I really dont see any IWC teams going in for this. Jim isn't going to cough up even 5 dollars to bring in guys he doesnt need

May 26th, 2010, 5:31 pm #4

So they are having this BIG tag tournament, and not bringing in any notable teams. They are just going to use the guys on their roster?!?! WOW, that's lame!

May 26th, 2010, 5:43 pm #5

Bring back Shirley Doe & Lord Zoltan as "The Dope Show"! How about some other classic teams too from the old PWX days at Eastland Mall!?

b-rad
b-rad

May 26th, 2010, 11:50 pm #6

They should have done this when they had real tag teams, Iron Justice, SJM, Franchise Players. But I agree, its probably to put JR over more. If he doesn't win it, his team will at least make it to the finals 100% guaranteed.

My guess:

Mon Valley Monsters
JB and Atlas
Golden Reign
Apollyon and Fame
Hansens
Dumb and Dahmer
Gash and K
JR and Cage or Amherst

I really dont see any IWC teams going in for this. Jim isn't going to cough up even 5 dollars to bring in guys he doesnt need
My guess:
Mon Valley Monsters
Golden Reign
Hellraisers
Hansens
Excellence
Mega
Crossfire/dillinger

According to the pwx site grahams suspended so the uprising probably won't be in the tourny

May 27th, 2010, 1:11 am #7

My guess:

Mon Valley Monsters
JB and Atlas
Golden Reign
Apollyon and Fame
Hansens
Dumb and Dahmer
Gash and K
JR and Cage or Amherst

at least when Iron Justice, Franchise Players and SJM were around, they were REAL tagteams, not just thrown together singles wrestlers. PWX tag division back then was at least decent and had some storylines and good matches

May 27th, 2010, 1:30 am #8

Bring back Shirley Doe & Lord Zoltan as "The Dope Show"! How about some other classic teams too from the old PWX days at Eastland Mall!?
The tournament is coming down between Team Mega and Rage consisting of Mad Mike, Samu, and a returning Quinn Magnum with Team Mega getting the victory. Thanks Mr. Miller.

May 27th, 2010, 3:46 pm #9

So they are having this BIG tag tournament, and not bringing in any notable teams. They are just going to use the guys on their roster?!?! WOW, that's lame!
Lets call it the Miller Cup and fill it with Miller Lite. The Jim Miller Cup. PRESTIGE !!!

May 28th, 2010, 5:12 pm #10

On the cup, there will be one dozen bronze hot dogs where they will engrave each years winning tag team.