MCW Anniversary

MCW Anniversary

March 20th, 2011, 1:53 pm #1

Wow ! Longest show in history of wrestling 4hr 25 min ! I would say atleast 5 of those matches could have been left off the show! THey weren"t even up to wrestling at the (Shamrock) standards ! Just my opinion! Very nice crowd tho (350 plus) and nice setup!!

March 20th, 2011, 3:42 pm #2

I was there, which matches didn't you like?

MCW STAFF
MCW STAFF

March 20th, 2011, 9:09 pm #3

Sorry for the show length, it is our big show at the MCW Wrestle Plex that we do each year. The show started at 7:15pm and the Main event ended at 11:15 4hrs to be exact.There were 11 matchs on the card hince our 11yr anniversary.

Attendence was 427 and though the show did run long due to Al Snow line for polaroids and a 15 min cage set up 98% of the crowd stayed and were hot til the end.We had approx 50 fans who also came to the after party and the majority of those had small children with them and seemd ok with the length of our show. We run twice per month there and our shows normally start at 7:30 and are always over by 9:30-9:45.

Again we are sorry for the length of the show and hope you enjoyed it.
Agian Thanks for your response and try our normal shows they run alot shorter Thanks MCW
Last edited by indymessageboard on March 29th, 2011, 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 20th, 2011, 9:41 pm #4

Awesome show last night guys congrats! and Necro vs Brain Damage were SICK!! the show went long but damn I got my moneys worth for sure! Point blank drove from Akron and you delivered. Thank you and question real quick who was the blonde girl who came out during Hercum's match?

March 20th, 2011, 9:59 pm #5

Results?

March 20th, 2011, 10:20 pm #6

Chiyudo Ropa def. Nikki Skidz via pinfall

Bobby Beverly def. Bill Martell via pinfall

Big Hurt def. "T-Bone" Tony Banks via pinfall

Shane Sensation def. Wilbur Whitlock via pinfall

Wilbur Whitlock challenged Shane Sensation to a TLC Match on April 2nd!

Team Be Jealous def. Angeldust and Tuff Tina via pinfall

Brain Damage def. Necro Butcher via pinfall

Supa Lucha def. Shawn Blaze via submission

Justin Mane def. Mike Hercum via pinfall

"Luscious" Larry Lavender def. Jebediah via pinfall to become the NEW MCW Elite Champion

Al Snow def. "Mr. Insanity" Toby Klein via pinfall

Shasta def. Christian Vaughn by escaping the Steel Cage to become the NEW MCW Heavyweight Champion

March 20th, 2011, 11:23 pm #7

Great show....as far as the guy who said some matches were "sub par"....thats how wrestling USED to be and imo how it STILL should be....you BUILD to the big matches throughout the card, you dont blow your load in the 1st match. Start small....end BIG! And good lord there were no matches near as low as Shamrock caliber matches...lol The Blood in the cage match and the Necro.BrainDamage matches were great.....but I think MOTN had to be Hercum and Mane....but the whole roster did their part!

March 21st, 2011, 3:47 am #8

I thought the match of the night was prolly Larry Lavender vs Jebidiah crowd was crazy into it, all in all great show and it was nice to see when you bring in names that they work because Al Snow and Mr Insanity had a great match also.Cage was really good to be honest I never thought I would see Shasta jump off that top rope if someone has the vid please post the elbow drop holy shit! for a man that size. Necro and Brain Damage are just plain fucking CRAZY!

The Reverend Rogue Six
The Reverend Rogue Six

March 21st, 2011, 2:02 pm #9

THE REV REVIEWS:
MCW XI: THE 11TH ANNIVERSARY SHOW
By The Reverend Rogue Six

Fear not, brothers and sisters, MCWs Spiritual Leader and Verbal Vigilante has returned! Yes, its your friendly neighborhood Reverend Rogue Six, and this is your MCW 11th Anniversary Show wrap-up!

Before things even got underway, Referee Logan The Tool That Walks Like A Man Scott took a moment and publicly propose to his girlfriend in front of the ring. To everyones surprise (especially mine), she said Yes.

Logan, on a personal note, I know Ive given you a lot of grief over the years, but for this one moment, Im going to back off and simply offer my congratulations to you and your new fiancée. Mazeltov!

The party started off with Nikki Skids facing off against The Pride of the West Side, and of course, Im talking about Chiyudo Ropa, who seemed especially animated tonight. The match started fairly even, but got wilder as it went. Nikki put up his best offense, but it was all Ropa, who nailed Skids in the corner with a nasty enzugiri (that nearly gave me a headache) for the pinfall win. After the bell, Chiyudo convinced Nikki that they should bow to one another instead of shaking hands, then bow to Referee Dave Rogers -- and just as Nikki turned to bow to the referee, Ropa got behind him. . .and whipped down Skids pants! Apparently, Nikki was going commando, because the entire crowd got a free shot -- and as he fell down, pants around his ankles, Skids clipped Rogers knee; Dave ended up with a face-full of Nikkis bare ass!

(This match gets my I Dont Care, Thats Just Wrong Award. Moreover, if you wonder why, re-read what I just said in the last paragraph, okay?)

Bill Martel took on Bobby Beverly in what Im calling the Blink and You Missed It match of the night. No sooner had the bell rang then Beverly nailed Martel with three swift kicks -- and pinned him! Bobby, what the hell was your frakking hurry? I felt a little bad for Bill Martel; his intro was longer than the whole match was!

Tonight was the first time, I admit, that Id even gotten to see T-Bone Tony Banks, and he had drawn none other than Big Hurt. I thought it was going to be interesting to see Hurt take on someone who was actually his own size and build -- in other words, a fair fight. Banks started quickly, going after Hurt at the bell, and even managed to clothesline him over the top rope. However, when Hurt avoided a corner spear, leaving Banks eating ring post with his shoulder, I could see the course of the match changed; to his credit, Tony continued to fight on, even doing so one-handed. Even after scoring a series of elbow smashes on Hurts skull and a massive power slam, Hurt came back with a savage spine buster for the win. (T-Bone, I must say, you honestly impressed me. I havent seen anyone give Hurt that kind of fight in awhile.)

Shane Sensation -- who looked somewhat diminished without his tag team partner, Chris Kole -- took on Wilbur Whitlock in a match that started wild and grew from there. Both men threw caution to the wind in their fight, Wilbur hitting Shane with a dive between the ropes, and Shane nailing Wilbur with a top-rope senton! Each one tried to put the other away with dangerous moves, but neither one could finish the job; Shane finally went out of the ring, got a chair, nailed Wilbur with it (what was actually done, I couldnt tell, one of the photographers was right in front of me), but couldnt score the pin! It finally took a nasty double-underhook piledriver for him to pin Wilbur and win the match. Wilbur asked for the mic as Shane was halfway back to the locker room area: Hey, Shane, if you wanted to play with chairs, why didnt you just ask me? How about at the next show on April 2nd, we play with chairswe play with laddersand we can play with tables, too!

Tonight was the first time I would be seeing Team Be Jealous in action, as they took on the team of Tuff Tina and Angel Dust (who, I must say, got a better reception from the crowd). While Tina and Angel put up a great fight, this simply wasnt their night. Havok and Kay employed a very simple strategy: keep Angel Dust in the ring for as long as possible and away from Tina. And it worked; it was Team Be Jealous coming out with the win as they put away Angel Dust.

(Ive got to say, however, if Team BJ spent as much time wrestling as they did taunting the crowd or their opponents, the match may have gone quicker; the showboating tended to slow down the pace.)

Whenever MCW holds a Fans Bring the Weapons match, its always fascinating to see what people will bring for use. Tonight, there were some surprises; a barbed-wire screen door frame, a trash can wrapped in barbed wire, and the one item that gets my vote as the sickest creation Ive ever see: a board with 350 sharpened pencils nailed to it! (I swear to you, folks, I could not make something like this up!) All these things and more would be used by Brain Damage and hardcore legend Necro Butcher (check him out in The Wrestler) in a savage display of sheer brutality and blood-letting that went out of the ring, all over the Wrestle-plex, and back into the ring. At one point, Butcher dropped Brain Damage back-first onto two steel chairs placed back-to-back; Brain Damage would then return the favor, only he would drop Butcher throat-first! The battle would finally come to an end when Brain Damage got Necro Butchers head on one of the few steel chairs that wasnt damaged -- and executed a sick top-rope knee drop right on Butchers head! A roll-up followed, and Brain Damage was the winner!

Brain Damage asked for the house mic: I gotta say -- not only is he the toughest m-fr Ive ever fought, hes also the craziest!

(This match gets my Total Carnage Award for its sheer violence, and a note to whoever brought that board of pencils: you are without a doubt seriously disturbed, have way too much free time on your hands, and damn, youre a very creative sod, I give you that!)

Supa Lucha took on Simply Sexy Shawn Blaze in the next match (a few words about Shawn Blaze before I go on -- now, heres someone who uses Shawn Michaels theme music (or a knockoff of it), and wears Edges logo on his tights (without the R, so I guess theyre knockoffs too). Shawn, is there anything about you that might be original? Just asking.) Blaze got into Luchas face right away, and lord, he paid for it. The crowd didnt seem to care too much for Shawns style, especially his shouts of WHOS THE MAN? whenever possible, and they started a chant at one point Id never heard before: SALAD TOSSER! (If you dont know what that is, look it up) Despite several attempts at an offense, Lucha wrapped up Blaze in a submission hold that looked something like a cross between an abdominal stretch and a tarantula hold and scored a tapout win!

Whos the man, Shawn Blaze? This night -- it sure as hell wasnt you, sunshine.

Id get to see yet another new face in MCW -- Justin Mane (interesting name) -- as he took on Mike Hercum in a hard-fought match. Mane was sporting a bandage around his lower back; Hercum took that as a bulls-eye and centered most of his attacks on Manes back. Despite the obvious pain, Justin held his own, even catching Mike with a high cross-body off the top rope (had some great hang time, I have to add) and a top-rope superplex. But as always, treachery will overcome skill, and Mike managed to knock Justin off the top rope and cinch in a Sharpshooter. At that moment, someone came down to ringside -- in a trenchcoat and scarf, sporting short boots. The mystery figure (who I deduced was a female by the boots), whipped off the scarf to reveal a golden mane of hair -- then dropped the coat to reveal a very-revealing mini-dress. Not only did this distract Hercum, it got him to let go of the hold -- and as he walked over to the mystery woman, she motioned for him to turn around. He did -- and ate a Pele-style soccer kick to the head from Justin, who rolled him up for the win. . .not to mention a kiss from his lady (now theres incentive)!

To Mike Hercum, Im giving a special award -- the Tootsie Roll Pop Trophy -- since he was, indeed, the sucker of the evening.

In the first of two championship title matches, Luscious Larry Lavender took on MCW Elite Champion Jebediah (with Dr. Dale Pierce). Larry was in control for a good part of the match, but as always, where you have Jebediah, Dr. Dale will make his presence felt. The docs cane soon got into the ring, and Jebediah tossed it into Larrys hands, then dropped to the mat as if Larry had hit him. Larry dropped as well, and the ref had no clue whod done what to whom! At this point, Jebediah low-blowed Larry, and Dr. Dale got in the ring. They took the cane and attempted a double-clothesline on Larry, who had the presence of mind to dive on the cane -- and broke it! He then gave the good doctor a low shot of his own, DDTd Jebediah, then went up and delivered a top-rope leg drop for the pin -- and we then had a NEW 2-time Elite Champion: Luscious Larry Lavender!
When I write reviews, I do my best to stay as unbiased as possible, but when Al Snow is involved in a match, I have to be honest, its hard to stay unbiased, it truly is. Add to the equation that his opponent was Mr. Insanity Toby Klein, and it almost becomes impossible. But when I saw Toby coming to the ring with a hobbit in a business suit -- oh, Im sorry, I meant Aaron Maguire -- and smoking a cigar, I knew that this wasnt the Mr. Insanity I knew. When Als intro hit -- WHAT DOES EVERYBODY WANT? -- and the crowd came to its feet, shouting HEAD!, you knew who the crowd was with. I had to feel somewhat sorry for Logan Scott, who had the devils own time trying to get Al to keep Head in one corner (apparently Head wasnt agreeing to the idea) and to get Toby to get rid of his cigar. Control was finally gained, and the match was on. Momentum went back and forth between both for some time; Toby seemed to have met his match when it came to head butting -- Al trapped his arms and cut loose with a flurry of head butts on Toby, then punctuated the sentence with a belly-to-belly suplex! Al began to get powered up from the cheers of the crowd and hit his finisher -- the Snowplow -- on Toby, then rolled him up; whoops, no ref! Logan had been knocked out from a corner collision. Out came Earl Robinson, and the match continued. Toby got Al with an Insane Driver -- but only for a two-count. Another accident occurred, and down went Earl! Maguire gave Toby a chair, but instead of hitting Al with it, Toby whacked the mat and dropped as if hed been struck instead. Al, ever the veteran, picked up the chair, shot Toby the finger, dropped the chair -- and himself to the mat! Now Logan had the same question -- who hit whom? As he went to each side of the ring, asking whod done the deed, Al waited until Logans back was turned, got Head out of the corner, nailed Toby with it, and rolled him up for the 3-count!

Al Snow, I want to personally thank you for truly making my night. Not only did you and Head make me laugh, you gave me a fun match to watch. Thank you.

Whew. . .all of this, and we werent done yet!

I must say, its one thing to see a steel cage on TV or on a DVD. But to watch one being constructed, let alone sit twenty feet away from one -- well, its something else. That thing looks very intimidating. You know that this is something you wouldnt want to climb into.

There have been epic feuds throughout history: Batman and the Joker, Spider-man and the Green Goblin, Sting and Ric Flair -- and in MCW, Christian Vaughn and Shasta. But on this night, their on-going feud would culminate in the greatest equalizer in wrestling: the steel cage. Add to the fact that the MCW Heavyweight title would be on the line, and this promised to be a match of epic proportions.

MCW Heavyweight Champion Christian Vaughn came out to the ring first, followed by the ever-lovely Minka Murder, and the highest hair Ive ever seen him sporting yet (Im still not convinced his mother wasnt scared by a turkey).

Shasta came next, and when Stranglehold began to play, the crowd rose to its feet and gave him a heros welcome.

Just as Matthew Priest was about to introduce Vaughn, Minka took the mic to introduce him instead. At one point, her intro went -- your Heavyweight Champion and my Snookiebear -- Wait a second, did she actually say what I think she said? Okay, mental rewind -- Your Heavyweight Champion and my Snookiebear -- Yeah, she actually called him Snookiebear

Intros finished, Minka out of the cage (not before she got a smack on the tush from Shasta), and the battle was on! You knew that there wouldnt be a great deal of finesse in this match; these two each had one thing on their mind -- to kill their opponent.

Several times Vaughn nearly got out the cage door, only to be stopped (or in one case, dropped by a rope in the crotch) by Shasta. Shasta nearly got out a few times, but at one point took a door shot to the head -- by Minka, who actually managed to bust the big man open. Shasta would return the favor by opening Vaughns head on the cage walls, spraying his blood everywhere with every hit.

Shasta executed what Im calling the Move of the Night when he climbed to the top turnbuckle and hit an elbow drop that had incredible hang time on it! (When you get the DVD of this show, that move alone is DAMN impressive!)

The battle culminated when Shasta pulled Vaughn out of Minkas hands and back into the ring, hoisted him up over his shoulder, and dropped him with a Shasta Driver! That gave him the time to walk out of the cage, step down to the floor -- and become the NEW MCW HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!

Lord, what a night. . .and I have to tell you, its good to be back.

In closing, Id like to dedicate this review to everyone in MCW for their personal support during my recent illness and treatments -- you all have been a great help to me, whether you know it or not.

Until next time, I am the Reverend Rogue Six, and Ill see you at ringside!

March 21st, 2011, 3:46 pm #10

Sorry for the show length, it is our big show at the MCW Wrestle Plex that we do each year. The show started at 7:15pm and the Main event ended at 11:15 4hrs to be exact.There were 11 matchs on the card hince our 11yr anniversary.

Attendence was 427 and though the show did run long due to Al Snow line for polaroids and a 15 min cage set up 98% of the crowd stayed and were hot til the end.We had approx 50 fans who also came to the after party and the majority of those had small children with them and seemd ok with the length of our show. We run twice per month there and our shows normally start at 7:30 and are always over by 9:30-9:45.

Again we are sorry for the length of the show and hope you enjoyed it.
Agian Thanks for your response and try our normal shows they run alot shorter Thanks MCW
results r mandotory if posting here.