Larry Hatchet VS. The Thomasellis

Larry Hatchet VS. The Thomasellis

The Hatchet Man
The Hatchet Man

March 11th, 2011, 4:24 am #1

Best Thing ever:

Larry: To the fans that are coming in to see The Haters (Thomaselli Brothers); they will not be in for the show this weekend. If you bought a ticket in advance expecting them to be there, contact me if you would like a refund. Thank you.

Vito Thomaselli:
Hey Juggalos.....stay away from Ohio Hatchet wrestling....their scam artists....SHUN THESE FUCKS.

The shit head doesn't pay th boys all the time....im sure he pays u ur normal 10 bucks Seph, but I can't risk going all the way there to get burned

All I wanted was my money up front cause around 10 people emailed me about getting burned by Ohio Hatchet....since when is it wrong to ask for ur money up front? Oh well, now I wont get burned....

For sure, spread the word about them.....

here's an email from a guy I respect on the Indies telling me about our "friends" at Ohio Hatchet....MR. X - And yes, he is shady like that. The first time I worked for him i got paid well second time ingot all my money but others got shorted. And the third time he cancelled the show. I wouldn't go back unless I got my money up front.

I have a bunch more emails like that!

March 11th, 2011, 5:02 am #2

Maybe they should talk to Pondo he is ther alot so he must get pad. And he one of JCWs main stars

March 11th, 2011, 5:03 am #3

paid not pad

Larry - Ohio Hatchet Wrestling

March 11th, 2011, 7:13 am #4

The hits on the website have been AWESOME since Vito has started bashing me on Facebook.

Yes, Vito requested his and Brandon's money up front to be sent via Paypal. I declined to do so as one of MY good friends in the business told me that it wouldn't be wise to send someone that lives 10 hours away their pay 2 days before the show as they may not show up for the date. I'm not saying that Vito and Brandon would do that but I'm not going to take that chance. I replied to him that since there seems to be a trust issue on both sides that maybe we should cancel the booking and reschedule for another time when I have proven myself to be more trustworthy. He then replied that he was going to bury me on facebook to the "juggalos".

Honestly, anyone that comes to my shows knows that the majority of my fanbase are not juggalos as your typical juggalo has no money and expects to get in for free because "I'm down with the clown yo and we're family!" Not one person has purchased a ticket in advance because The Haters were on the flyer; I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm just being honest.

I have admitted to anyone and everyone that I have had trouble paying for a few shows...but I make things right. I have sacrificed 3 years of my life, busting my ass EVERY day from the time I get up until the time I lay down in the evening promoting my shows and the talent involved. This is no excuse for not paying the talent; I should have never tried this without the proper financial backing and pretty much since day one, there have been people involved with the promotion that want to destroy what I'm trying to do. I tried to partner up with a friend when planning the first show but when it came time to pay everyone on the first show, he had no money; he was expecting the show to bring in money so he didn't have any money when it came time to pay the talent. I lost $700 on that show and a friend.

On my second show; New Blood, I actually made money but 4 chairs were used during the TLC match and I was charged $200 for those chairs and the building charged me $600 for a building that other "promoters" in the area was getting for free. I then moved the next show to the Logan Chieftain Elementary school...the fucking DISASTER show!! Before the day of the show, Brad Finnerty emailed staged pictures from the activity center and stated that we destroyed one of their tables (it came from my garage) and that a bloody tampon was thrown into the crowd (that damn Super Oprah), and that we ripped a door off one of the rooms in the center. So, I had to fight to not cancel the show only to have my worst draw to date and yes, I sent guys home not fully paid that evening. But I wired money Monday morning and made amends with the others over time but I never ignored emails or phone calls during the time I owed any of them.

"Rebirth" went well except for the fan that decided to throw the barricade at other fans and talent and I got sued...dealt with that for a few weeks then moved on to "Death In The Valley". Everyone got paid!!

"Higher Ground": I had a bad feeling; thought about cancelling the show but didn't. One of my best shows to date in my opinion. The crowd was super hot all night and the guys all busted their asses, even though I held a locker room meeting before the show letting them know that I would not be able to pay everyone what I promised them.

JC Bailey Benefit Show: The draw wasn't what I had hoped for but it wasn't bad for the area. I raised some money for the Bailey family but got a midget dick up my ass as to the filming of the show. Maybe if you would run the camera you were paid to run instead of selling your merch, you would have gotten more than feet and shins on the hard camera.

And now we come to this show. I booked the Hocking Rec Center only to have an "anonymous caller" call in and tell them that I destroy buildings, smoke weed and drink beer in the locker room, and leave without cleaning after the shows. Add to this the current drama mentioned above; and other crazy shit I don't need to bother anyone with.

Anyway; I don't care who wants to talk shit about me. Everybody knows that I don't do these shows to boost my ego, I would actually like to eventually make money doing this and provide quality entertainment for the area.

Sorry for the rant; it's been building up a bit. Have a good night.

- Larry

March 11th, 2011, 7:31 am #5

Best Thing ever:

Larry: To the fans that are coming in to see The Haters (Thomaselli Brothers); they will not be in for the show this weekend. If you bought a ticket in advance expecting them to be there, contact me if you would like a refund. Thank you.

Vito Thomaselli:
Hey Juggalos.....stay away from Ohio Hatchet wrestling....their scam artists....SHUN THESE FUCKS.

The shit head doesn't pay th boys all the time....im sure he pays u ur normal 10 bucks Seph, but I can't risk going all the way there to get burned

All I wanted was my money up front cause around 10 people emailed me about getting burned by Ohio Hatchet....since when is it wrong to ask for ur money up front? Oh well, now I wont get burned....

For sure, spread the word about them.....

here's an email from a guy I respect on the Indies telling me about our "friends" at Ohio Hatchet....MR. X - And yes, he is shady like that. The first time I worked for him i got paid well second time ingot all my money but others got shorted. And the third time he cancelled the show. I wouldn't go back unless I got my money up front.

I have a bunch more emails like that!
A few points here:

- I've never cancelled a show...should have, but didn't.

- I got an email to: Mr. X - Hey Larry, sorry to hear about the problems you are having with Vito; I have heard that they can be hard to deal with. Good luck with everything!

March 11th, 2011, 9:06 am #6

I have just been informed that one half of the newly crowned JCW Tag Team Champions, MAD MAN PONDO, will be at the show on Saturday!!

March 12th, 2011, 2:40 am #7

The hits on the website have been AWESOME since Vito has started bashing me on Facebook.

Yes, Vito requested his and Brandon's money up front to be sent via Paypal. I declined to do so as one of MY good friends in the business told me that it wouldn't be wise to send someone that lives 10 hours away their pay 2 days before the show as they may not show up for the date. I'm not saying that Vito and Brandon would do that but I'm not going to take that chance. I replied to him that since there seems to be a trust issue on both sides that maybe we should cancel the booking and reschedule for another time when I have proven myself to be more trustworthy. He then replied that he was going to bury me on facebook to the "juggalos".

Honestly, anyone that comes to my shows knows that the majority of my fanbase are not juggalos as your typical juggalo has no money and expects to get in for free because "I'm down with the clown yo and we're family!" Not one person has purchased a ticket in advance because The Haters were on the flyer; I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm just being honest.

I have admitted to anyone and everyone that I have had trouble paying for a few shows...but I make things right. I have sacrificed 3 years of my life, busting my ass EVERY day from the time I get up until the time I lay down in the evening promoting my shows and the talent involved. This is no excuse for not paying the talent; I should have never tried this without the proper financial backing and pretty much since day one, there have been people involved with the promotion that want to destroy what I'm trying to do. I tried to partner up with a friend when planning the first show but when it came time to pay everyone on the first show, he had no money; he was expecting the show to bring in money so he didn't have any money when it came time to pay the talent. I lost $700 on that show and a friend.

On my second show; New Blood, I actually made money but 4 chairs were used during the TLC match and I was charged $200 for those chairs and the building charged me $600 for a building that other "promoters" in the area was getting for free. I then moved the next show to the Logan Chieftain Elementary school...the fucking DISASTER show!! Before the day of the show, Brad Finnerty emailed staged pictures from the activity center and stated that we destroyed one of their tables (it came from my garage) and that a bloody tampon was thrown into the crowd (that damn Super Oprah), and that we ripped a door off one of the rooms in the center. So, I had to fight to not cancel the show only to have my worst draw to date and yes, I sent guys home not fully paid that evening. But I wired money Monday morning and made amends with the others over time but I never ignored emails or phone calls during the time I owed any of them.

"Rebirth" went well except for the fan that decided to throw the barricade at other fans and talent and I got sued...dealt with that for a few weeks then moved on to "Death In The Valley". Everyone got paid!!

"Higher Ground": I had a bad feeling; thought about cancelling the show but didn't. One of my best shows to date in my opinion. The crowd was super hot all night and the guys all busted their asses, even though I held a locker room meeting before the show letting them know that I would not be able to pay everyone what I promised them.

JC Bailey Benefit Show: The draw wasn't what I had hoped for but it wasn't bad for the area. I raised some money for the Bailey family but got a midget dick up my ass as to the filming of the show. Maybe if you would run the camera you were paid to run instead of selling your merch, you would have gotten more than feet and shins on the hard camera.

And now we come to this show. I booked the Hocking Rec Center only to have an "anonymous caller" call in and tell them that I destroy buildings, smoke weed and drink beer in the locker room, and leave without cleaning after the shows. Add to this the current drama mentioned above; and other crazy shit I don't need to bother anyone with.

Anyway; I don't care who wants to talk shit about me. Everybody knows that I don't do these shows to boost my ego, I would actually like to eventually make money doing this and provide quality entertainment for the area.

- Larry
I'm not on here talkin shit or anything, I just remember a thing Larry put up on this board a long time ago about asking people to come forward if they didn't get paid at one of his shows to get with him and he will straighten that out. Which is a respectable thing for a promoter to come out on a message board and do. After reading this thread it reminded me that I got paid at New Blood show in Logan in 2009. But after the Rebirth show in Athens where that mark flipped out, I didnt get a payday.

-Jonzie

March 12th, 2011, 3:42 am #8

Ummmm, Jonzie has my number and knows where I live so he would call me or stop over if I owed him money. I've seen him several times since that show, I'm sure he would have said something to me about it instead of posting it on here....nice try though.

Vito Thomaselli
Vito Thomaselli

March 12th, 2011, 3:53 am #9

A few points here:

- I've never cancelled a show...should have, but didn't.

- I got an email to: Mr. X - Hey Larry, sorry to hear about the problems you are having with Vito; I have heard that they can be hard to deal with. Good luck with everything!
Ohio Hatchet Wrestling

So this weekend, my Brother and I were suppose to wrestle for Ohio Hatchet. This was gonna be the first time we worked for these fucks. Normally when I work for a new place I ask for my money up front. When they asked to book us, I went to their page to see who works for them and I saw a couple friends of mine on the roster page. I talked to 2 Tuff and he said he hasn't worked for the guy in a long time, actually only worked their once, but he got paid. So I didn't bother the guy to pay me ahead of time. A little over a week ago the promoter Larry emailed me asking to work on my price. I worked out a fee to wrestle, a hotel and trans. Promotors have done nothing but fuck the boys by not paying trans anymore, but I always get it, if not I don't go. Why should I spend my money to get there? Usually I save my gas receipts on the way out there, then the company doubles them so I can get home.
Larry was nervous about gas prices going up. He asked if we would take a fixed rate for gas of $125(btw it cost at least $150 to get to Detroit from my house, which is about have as far as the Ohio show), and take the hotel outta our wrestling money. I told him we would cut him a deal on the trans if he would give us $150, but he had to give us our original pay, plus HE pays for the hotel. He agreed and we were all good for the show.
This past Wednesday in Detroit, at the JCW show, a bunch of the boys came up to me telling me to get my money ahead of time. Looks like Larry screwed a couple of guys in the past. 2 Tuff told me the whole story this time, how Larry didn't pay him in full the first time, he shorted him the night of the show and made Tony wait until late the next day to get the rest of his money he EARNED the night b4. One of the guys said "if Larry draws you'll get paid". So I asked, "what did he draw at his last show"? "30 people, get your money b4 you go", says Mr. M. So the next day(Thur March 10) I hit up Larry with this email on Facebook -

Vito Thomaselli Date>March 10 at 8:21am
Hey Larry....I worked w a couple guys last night that worked for u in the past. They informed me that u don't always pay. For me to make a 10 hour one way drive to get burned would be really bad for everyone involved. Is it possible to get r money up front so there's no issues come Saturday. Sorry to do this to you, I have to protect myself....I hope u understand.

He replies with 2 emails...Here's the first one(my thoughts in Blue
Hey Vito, The only show that I have done where talent did not get paid was the JC Bailey benefit show; Remember that last statement, he later buries himself....all money from that show went to Joe Bailey. All talent booked for that show knew ahead of time that it was a non-paying show however. I had a bad show in 2009 where some guys did not get paid the night of the show but I wired money to them to make things right with them. I have since picked up a partner and everyone that is booked for this show will get paid the night of the show. I will call my partner and see if it's cool with him if I Paypal you the moneyI love the "I have to talk to my partner" gimmick, like Larry doesn't know the answer to the question...I totally understand your concern as you are driving quite far. Would it be too much of a request to ask who you spoke with? If you would like to call Corp, Tony or Pondo and inquire about me, they have all worked for me and have always gotten their pay.
Thank you,
Larry

Here's the second one
I talked to my financial partner and he wanted me to pass along that it would probably be best for all of us if we booked you for another date after I have established the promotion to the point where others aren't speaking negative about me or the promotion. I am truly sorry for this as I didn't expect him to react like this when I explained that someone had expressed concern to you at a show. As I said before; Corp, Tony and Pondo have all worked for me and we never had any issues. I hope to earn your trust in the future. He leaves out the fact that those guys sat their for a whole other day waiting to get the rest of their money

So after reading both emails I replied with this
Lol....that's a pretty bad start....looks like u knew u weren't gonna pay us....I trust the boys over any shit head promotor.....ill have nothing but bad things to say about u and ur promotion, from asking to take a lower price(which I did), to then loosing the booking after asking for my loot up front from a promotion w shitty credit.....ur right, I'm the dick.....

After I sent the email I went on Twitter and Facebook to let everyone know about this dumb shit, and hope non of my boys get fucked in the future. I woke up today and forgot all about it, cause I live a pretty great life with new great stuff happening everyday. Then I get Larry's response to my Viral Insults . He had this to say

Re: Larry Hatchet VS. The Thomasellis
by Larry - Ohio Hatchet Wrestling (no login)
The hits on the website have been AWESOME since Vito has started bashing me on Facebook. Ya cause I'm so over, my 50 followers on Twitter and my 1000 friends on Facebook must have bombarded your site.....PLEASE?

Yes, Vito requested his and Brandon's money up front to be sent via Paypal. I declined to do so I thought it was his "Financial Partners" decision. as one of MY good friends in the business told me that it wouldn't be wise to send someone that lives 10 hours away their pay 2 days before the show as they may not show up for the date. I've been working since 98, never once have I missed of blew off ANY show. My reputation has gotten me to some of the greatest places on earth, WWE, TNA, JCW, Chikara, CZW, Pro Wrestling IRON and PWG. At least you can background check me.....I'm not saying that Vito and Brandon would do that but I'm not going to take that chance. I replied to him that since there seems to be a trust issue on both sides that maybe we should cancel the booking and reschedule for another time when I have proven myself to be more trustworthy. He then replied that he was going to bury me on facebook to the "juggalos". If you read my emails I do no such thing.

Honestly, anyone that comes to my shows knows that the majority of my fanbase are not juggalos as your typical juggalo has no money True, not like Juggalos are known for buying shit loads of merch, and really expensive GOTJ Tickets every year, man your dumb. and expects to get in for free because "I'm down with the clown yo and we're family!" Can't hate them for tryin WHOOP WHOOP! Not one person has purchased a ticket in advance because The Haters were on the flyer; I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm just being honest. Then why did you book us, and Why were we on the flyer? Obviously we are a draw for you or you woulda put a local guy on the flyer who could draw friends and family.....

I have admitted to anyone and everyone that I have had trouble paying for a few shows Here's where he starts burying himself......but I make things right. I have sacrificed 3 years of my life, busting my ass EVERY day from the time I get up until the time I lay down in the evening promoting my shows and the talent involved. yet he draws 30 people to his shows, looks like your wasting your days homie.... here's a pic from Ohio Hatchet, pic on the right....This is no excuse for not paying the talent;So your saying there was a time you didn't pay? I should have never tried this without the proper financial backing and pretty much since day one, there have been people involved with the promotion that want to destroy what I'm trying to do. Here we go, heres where every bad promoter blames the infamous out side source destroying their promotion for their own selfish needs....save it, heard it WAY TOO MANY TIMES! I tried to partner up with a friend when planning the first show but when it came time to pay everyone on the first show, he had no money; he was expecting the show to bring in money so he didn't have any money when it came time to pay the talent. I lost $700 on that show and a friend. Again.....you ran shows guys didn't get there full pay on....He can say he payed the boys, but I know of a few guys that got 1/2 pay....does that count? Fuck no it don't

On my second show; New Blood,Signs the promotions gonna do great is when their 2nd shows called New Blood....lol I actually made money but 4 chairs were used during the TLC match and I was charged $200 for those chairs and the building charged me $600 for a building that other "promoters" in the area was getting for free. So you knew about the $600 ahead of time when you booked the building, if not its your dumb ass, not sure if its even possible to book a venue w/o that simple ? of "how much is this gonna cost to rent"? You want a pat on the back for almost making a profit of $200.....call Barry Horowitz for that.....I then moved the next show to the Logan Chieftain Elementary school...the fucking DISASTER show!! No Larry, the Disaster Company. Before the day of the show, Brad Finnerty emailed staged pictures from the activity center and stated that we destroyed one of their tables (it came from my garage) and that a bloody tampon was thrown into the crowd (that damn Super Oprah, pic on the left), and that we ripped a door off one of the rooms in the center. So, I had to fight to not cancel the show only to have my worst draw to date and yes, I sent guys home not fully paid that evening. But I wired money Monday morning and made amends with the others over time but I never ignored emails or phone calls during the time I owed any of them. What about your refs, ever short them......I know the answer so don't bother. So you had your worst draw cause the day of the show you almost lost the venue???? that makes no sense, how did the fans find that info out to make them not wanna go to the show?

"Rebirth" lol, another great name. Maybe name the next show Last Ride....lol went well except for the fan that decided to throw the barricade at other fans and talent and I got sued...dealt with that for a few weeks then moved on to "Death In The Valley". Everyone got paid!! Sounds like you run shows w no insurance, and your companies not an LLC or you wouldn't of dealt with anything......

"Higher Ground": I had a bad feeling; thought about cancelling the show but didn't. One of my best shows to date in my opinion. The crowd was super hot all night and the guys all busted their asses, even though I held a locker room meeting before the show letting them know that I would not be able to pay everyone what I promised them. More evidence to help my case of getting paid ahead of time. How can you have a hot crowd if theres not enough people to pay the talent?

JC Bailey Benefit Show: The draw wasn't what I had hoped for but it wasn't bad for the area. At this point how the fuck can you think you can draw? You ran a string of shows and lost your ass on all of them....it takes more than bitting off the Bailey Family to draw. I dug JC, even worked a Benefit show for him in Indiana, the show drew great, and was a big help to the Bailey family...much love to IPW and the Baileys! I raised some money for the Bailey family but got a midget dick up my ass as to the filming of the show. So you took a small dick in the ass? Wouldn't the term be "I took a huge dick in the ass as to filming the show"? I would assume the worse the problem the bigger the dick gets? Larry knows a lot more than I do about dicks in his ass, so Ill give him the benefit of the doubt on this one. Maybe if you would run the camera you were paid to run instead of selling your merch, you would have gotten more than feet and shins on the hard camera. Looks like Larry's good at picking camera guys too, I know Larry, its not your fault.....

And now we come to this show. I booked the Hocking Rec Center only to have an "anonymous caller" Are you saying I called? Trust me homo, I have no time for that shit. If I was that pissed I woulda just made the trip and slapped you around in front of your whole locker room and left....Thats how I roll....call in and tell them that I destroy buildings, smoke weed and drink beer in the locker room, and leave without cleaning after the shows. Add to this the current drama mentioned above; and other crazy shit I don't need to bother anyone with.

Anyway; I don't care who wants to talk shit about me. Everybody knows that I don't do these shows to boost my ego, I would actually like to eventually make money doing this and provide quality entertainment for the area. HAHAHAHAHAHA...thats never gonna happen.......Good luck douche!

- Larry

On the real, I really was looking forward to working for a new place. I'm just tired of the way this business has changed. My first show I made $125....What happened to this shit? I'll tell you....Any wrestler reading this, if you make less than $50 its your fault. We dropped our prices for "The Love of the Business"(man I hate that statement) just to get on show, and let mark promoters like Larry get in and "try" to make money doing this and provide quality entertainment for the area.....Wrestling will never be the same, but I'll be dead before I let someone take advantage of me of my boys.........

March 12th, 2011, 5:27 am #10

and yet he will attempt to run again and again. larry just needs to go back to being a fan.