Lance Storm blasts Shiima Xion

Lance Storm blasts Shiima Xion

January 7th, 2012, 11:48 pm #1

From Lance Storm's twitter: "@MartyMcElwee: @Storm_Wrestling Opinion on ZEMA ION ?". Is being a big Mark for himself his gimmick or just the real him bleeding through?

January 8th, 2012, 12:00 am #2

Has Storm met Shiima? Sounds like he's just questioning where Mike stops and Zema starts. Personally, Shiima/Zema is just Mike turned up to ten. He's always been a good kid who likes to have fun.

January 8th, 2012, 1:50 am #3

Don't think he's met Xion. He did call him a spot monkey, though, on the Figure 4 Daily radio show. He said, when referring to his and Tony Nese's iMPACT! Wrestling matches, "it was just a bunch of pointless, wasted moves....there's just a whole bunch of moves that don't mean anything. And to make it worse, I think it was the first match in the series, where one of them hit about eight straight moves in a row; popping up like 'oh look how cool I am standing in the ring;' with his back to his opponent, not even paying attention to what is going on, but with a 'hey look how cool I am, I just hit a cool move'.......and then after about six of those, the other guy will just stand up, punch him and hit about five or six of his moves; after each one, with his back to his opponent, looking like 'hey! Look how cool I am!' and it's just such bullshit! It's something that so many people do now.......they forget what they are supposed to be doing and that is convincing people or pretending to have a real fight.......it's because they've forgotten how to work, or never learned how; it's just thee 'this is my spot! Look how cool I am!'....it just takes all the meaning out of it....that series was horrible!"

January 8th, 2012, 1:54 am #4

he finished up with, "they need to send those guys (Neese & Ion) to OVW and teach them how to work."

January 8th, 2012, 3:02 am #5

amen. they're outstanding athletes. just think how great they'd be if they grasped that they don't have to hit 15 moves a piece in 5 minutes. the thing is, if they don't grasp it now, they'll get it when they're about 10 years in and beat up from the senseless bumps. Shiima is a great guy, psychology would make him more than just a spot guy.

January 8th, 2012, 3:43 am #6

I hate to tell you but Shiima has been a wrestler for 8 years already.

January 8th, 2012, 4:00 am #7

WRESTLING HAS CHANGED BOYS. GET OVER IT!

January 8th, 2012, 5:40 am #8

This is kind of an unfair post. There are truths to it, the series was an endless supply of spots; but one would wonder if that is exactly what TNA asked of these guys to go out and perform. I like Mike a lot from the shows I've worked with him, and he has a boatload of talent and charisma, and he was part of the often raved about 4 Way at Destination X. All of that being said, this series of matches was a little over the top, but knowing his body of work over the years, it's not a telltale sign of things to come from him.

January 8th, 2012, 6:00 am #9

Maybe not, but Mr. Storm hates his latest series of matches and considers it a disgrace to wrestling.

January 8th, 2012, 6:17 am #10

Wrestling hasn't changed. Its psychology. Psychology is a science, and science doesn't change. Now the psychology can be approached differently, but I think thats the reason a lot of people stopped watching, because its just spot after spot after spot in some of these matches and theres no emotional investment. Was anybody here emotionally invested into the Ion/Nese series? If so, why/how? I love Shiima, he has all of the potential in the world, but he really doesn't realize that he could be SO much better if he just learned psychology. However, the previous poster had some truth to what he says. Psychology doesn't really matter. Especially in TNA, where their fans are so used to seeing spot after spot matches. They definitely still react, which is a key part, but look at their ratings. There is a huge difference between appreciation for what is being done in the ring, which is what they are reacting to.. and reacting based on emotional response, which is how you make money.