IWC cancels again?

IWC cancels again?

October 22nd, 2009, 3:14 pm #1

What is going on at IWC? This is the 2nd show they have canceled in 7 days. They said this one was because of the organizer, but what happened last week? Is IWC dying?

October 22nd, 2009, 3:46 pm #2

Lets not start rumors guys. Truth is that yes the last show in Elizabeth was pulled at the last minute for reasons that prevented the show from taking place.
The show in Newville was pulled by the organizer in Newville, because of lower then average ticket sales. IWC can't do anything about the ticket sales out in that region. This was out of IWC's hands.

IWC is not dying, and will not die. It will keep going on stronger and better then ever before. Bet on it!

October 22nd, 2009, 4:38 pm #3

Rumors? They canceled 2 shows in 7 days. That's not a rumor, it's a fact.

Office
Office

October 22nd, 2009, 5:12 pm #4

Very good, you can count. The comment about "not starting rumors" was OBVIOUSLY in reference to the question about "Is IWC dying?".
Why would I make a statement about not starting rumors, directed towards the "facts" that were stated in the first post? Please use logic and think before you make a post!

IWC is not dying, and will go on better and stronger then ever before. Bet on it!

Thank you, and take care.

October 22nd, 2009, 6:19 pm #5

Better and stronger than ever huh? Wow, that sounds like a BAD rumor! Who's serving the Kool-aid once Norm is gone? Whoever it is may want to give some to the fan base that is gradually declining.

October 22nd, 2009, 6:23 pm #6

Truth is that yes the last show in Elizabeth was pulled at the last minute for reasons that prevented the show from taking place.

How did that clear up how that wasn't IWC's fault? I'm confused.an ever huh? Wow, that sounds like a BAD rumor! Who's serving the Kool-aid once Norm is gone? Whoever it is may want to give some to the fan base that is gradually declining.

MattInsider
MattInsider

October 23rd, 2009, 12:31 am #7

What is going on at IWC? This is the 2nd show they have canceled in 7 days. They said this one was because of the organizer, but what happened last week? Is IWC dying?
Yes, they are. Spot shows like these with a guarantee needed to meet the attendance, and shows like this do not pre sell. The crowd is walk up. Host organizations bail on IWC all the time when it looks like they will loose money. He needs to operate like Miller get your money up front and the tickets are on them. If they don't want that, you don't do the show. Better than cancelling days before the show. Good thing Norm is getting out, he really never learned anything from Jim when he was cutting his teeth in the business at PWX. He should have made Uniontown a regular stop, and we would never have had Sh** Stain Pain and his bunch. All of the bad things in this territory all lead back to Norm.

October 23rd, 2009, 1:35 am #8

Actually Norm brought a whole lot of new fans from the area into Pittsburgh wrestling. If Jim is so good at promoting, why can't he gain anything in the crowd size after 15 years of "promoting"? He does a great job at bringing the same fans back who have been going to his shows for 10+ years, but a terrible job at bringing new fans in, and keeping the new fans there. Although I don't think its his job to keep the fans there, that is the rosters. But why would they care if they aren't going to be getting paid, and will just be putting more in Jim's pocket?

October 23rd, 2009, 11:55 am #9

Truth is that yes the last show in Elizabeth was pulled at the last minute for reasons that prevented the show from taking place.

How did that clear up how that wasn't IWC's fault? I'm confused.an ever huh? Wow, that sounds like a BAD rumor! Who's serving the Kool-aid once Norm is gone? Whoever it is may want to give some to the fan base that is gradually declining.
IWC DID cancel the Oct 17th show at the last minute for reasons I do not know. I heard the Newville show was cancelled due to a below than average advance on ticket sales. That is all I know. Hey they did not cancel Clearfield on the 3Rd. IWC is NOT gonna die. Norm's farewell show should be one of the best shows ever and IWC will continue to put out the product it ALWAYS has and that includes LEGENDS Show in Franklin, Pa every year as well. When Norm leaves, he will leave it in very capable hands. I know this first hand. Be patient as the transition takes place. Thank you for supporiting Indy Wrestling.

October 23rd, 2009, 12:34 pm #10

Actually Norm brought a whole lot of new fans from the area into Pittsburgh wrestling. If Jim is so good at promoting, why can't he gain anything in the crowd size after 15 years of "promoting"? He does a great job at bringing the same fans back who have been going to his shows for 10+ years, but a terrible job at bringing new fans in, and keeping the new fans there. Although I don't think its his job to keep the fans there, that is the rosters. But why would they care if they aren't going to be getting paid, and will just be putting more in Jim's pocket?
I would have never imagined in a million years that in a time span that IWC CANCELLED 2 shows that PWX would be running 3 shows. WOW!